• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Easier/Harder Fishing and Fishing Rod Explained!

N

NeutronHInc

Easier/Harder Fishing and Fishing Rod Explained!

Okay, this "tutorial" will cover how to make it easier/harder to fish using the normal Fishing Rod. For example, how to increase or decrease the Reel In speed for while the fish is pulling away, and when the fish is not pulling away.

1. Open Fable Explorer and double-click on game.bin
2. Find and double-click on OBJECT
3. Find and double-click on either 4309 - OBJECT_FISHING_ROD or 4310 - OBJECT_FISHING_ROD_UPGRADED. (the UPGRADED one is the Rod of Champions)
FR01.jpg
4a. In the new window, click once on OBJECT
4b. Find CFishingRodDef and click on the Links to (GameBINEntryID): link
FR02.jpg
5. In the new window that pops up, click once on CFishingRodDef
FR03.jpg
Okay, before I continue, I'm going to explain the addresses and values here... (Look at above image to see)

6a. AB28A97A - unknown, I am unsure as to what this address/value does, so I've left it alone. I suggest you leave it too.
6b. D80B673F - unknown, This controls the Reel In amount when the Fish is NOT pulling away. Setting this higher will allow you to catch the fish with fewer clicks, while setting it lower will force you to click more to catch the fish. If you were to set it to 10.5 or higher, this would allow you to catch the fish with ONE click of your mouse.
6c. 9820A3C5 - unknown, This controls the Reel In amount for when the fish IS pulling away. Setting this higher will allow you to catch the fish with fewer clicks, while setting it lower will force you to click more to catch the fish. If you were to set it to 10.5 or higher, this would allow you to catch the fish with ONE click of your mouse.
6d. DEB345FC - unknown, I am unsure as to what this address/value does, so I've left it alone. I suggest you leave it too.
6e. 9498EF34 - unknown, I am unsure as to what this address/value does, so I've left it alone. I suggest you leave it too.

7. When you've finished changing the values(I suggest just 6b and 6c), click on Apply Changes then click on Actions - Save Mods and Run Fable.

Please remember, I've finished Fable TLC countless times, and I've spent hours fishing trying to get a good catch. So I decided to check out the Fishing Rod's values to see if I could change the Reel In amount. I don't recommend doing this unless you've finished your game at least twice, and have fished and are sick of the line snapping or the fish getting away. LOL

Hope you found this useful, enjoy! :D

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Easier/Harder Fishing and Fishing Rod Explained!

Is fishing really all that difficult? I don't think this is necessary. I hope someone finds it useful. :unsure:

N

NeutronHInc

Sephiroxas;65369 said:
Is fishing really all that difficult? I don't think this is necessary. I hope someone finds it useful. :unsure:
Well, some of the fish I've tried to catch in The Lost Bay were monsters, and with one reel in the line snapped. I finally caught a few of the beasties after hours of waiting and perfect timing. As you said, fishing isn't all that hard for the most part. This is just for those who can make it easier OR harder. In my case, I made it harder, to give myself more of a challenge.

People can use this however they want. To make it easier to fish for those that have no patience what so ever. OR for those who want to make it more challenging to catch that "Big One" just off shore. That is why the title is "Easier/Harder Fishing" and not "Tired of the line snapping, follow this to catch that beast with one click!" LOL

I just give people the info, it is up to them on how to use it. :D

V

Vegeta

I find it useful thanks +rep!

I get so frustrated I can never get hardly anything!... well maybe after 20 times...

N

NeutronHInc

Vegeta;65383 said:
I find it useful thanks +rep!

I get so frustrated I can never get hardly anything!... well maybe after 20 times...
You're welcome! I just knew someone would use it to make it easier. :p:D lol

Happy Fishing! lol

OldBoy

Reaction score

Great work!
You could post these findings in the thread for Bin Entry Unknown Data here on fabletlcmod.com.
Keshire tries to update the def.xml file every now and then.

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

Aye. I'll be sure to add this info to the def.xml. It's quite easy to edit actually.

on the other unknown values. Their probably going to be for the other aspects. Like line breaking. Time and such. playing with unknown values is how me and silver labeled everything.

Also. opening the view data button will give you a menu where you can search for refences to file id's. enter file id, click search, and it'll list everything that uses that file id.