• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Eurogamer Expo 2010 review

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Eurogamer Expo 2010 review

For those who wish to lol at my cack-handed way of writing an article, head over to the front page of projectego.net and check out

Teh awesomest article evar!!!1111one

Time was short so couldn't get everything in but there are even rare images of yours truly (well, my hair), so that if nothing else should entice you all.

Or something.

Moving on....

Azer249

Reaction score
Re: Eurogamer Expo 2010 review

NICE

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I just realised I am standing in the exact same way for the Mafia II and Fallout: New Vegas images :lol:

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

I got a review on the way aswell Angel. Let you know when it's done :D

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Looking forward to it - be great to have a proper one up!

Did you enjoy the expo?

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

I got a few surprises in store ! I really enjoyed it tbh. I got a few pics and a few vids but they are all from my phone so not the best quality lol but I still might post the vids.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Sounds intriguing :D

Steve got some video footage but his editing software has crashed so it will be a while before he has time to edit it all properly. Any vids you have will be sweet ^_^

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Good write up and been waiting for this. :lol:

I was pleasantly surprised when i purchased Mafia 2 and thought it would be some shallow GTA wannabe and found out the story and some aspects are much deeper than GTA. Really enjoyed the game and the variety of missions in it.

I bet everyone avoided Dragon Age because they knew they would need hours to actually see anything happen if its sticking to its roots like the first. Just wouldnt have the time there to actually get anything out of it. :lol:

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

That's true - people were literally picking up the controller and then setting it down again inside of 5 minutes...to get a real feel of something like that, you need more than a couple of minutes. Or days...

Lionhead had it pretty spot on - they had a selection of pre-set game saves to choose from which gave you a certain amount of time playing and a good idea of what to expect when it's released without giving too much away. There was a definitive beginning and end to each save file and nobody I saw left without playing through completely.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;436788 said:
That's true - people were literally picking up the controller and then setting it down again inside of 5 minutes...to get a real feel of something like that, you need more than a couple of minutes. Or days...

Lionhead had it pretty spot on - they had a selection of pre-set game saves to choose from which gave you a certain amount of time playing and a good idea of what to expect when it's released without giving too much away. There was a definitive beginning and end to each save file and nobody I saw left without playing through completely.

They are just really hard games to showcase in a short amount of time.

Sounds like Lionhead were well prepped and had decent demo ideas laid out.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Yeah, they had a lot of screens to cover but managed it well and took the time to explain things to people too, which was nice.

Only other people to do that were Bethesda reps - it's nice they bothered because not everyone can just dive in. Especially when you're being watched by loads of people :lol:

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

that was an incredibly long review, but i have to say it didn't feel drawn out.
it was definitely good to read about the games from the perspective of someone who doesn't review a game all the time or has to conform to the companies standards (i.e. ign, gamespot, game informer, etc). it makes all the opinions feel more sincere.

good work! :)

and i did notice a typo if you're interested.
than the old methods of scrolling through menus and clicking options in the previous Fable installments. Fighting in Fable

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Ah, my spell-checker is in UK-English and it only allows for one L - I think either spelling is fine unless someone can correct me?

And I know it's ball-achingly long but I wanted to try and get as much in as I could with what little I had. If we'd tried out EVERYTHING there, the review would have been...huge. That being said, I could have condensed it more I guess. I told you I fail at writing :lol:

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Instalment is the International English spelling. Installment is the Americanised spelling.

Well done for writing it all Angel! Takes some dedication, and it's fairly lengthy! :thumbsup:

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;436808 said:
And I know it's ball-achingly long but I wanted to try and get as much in as I could with what little I had. If we'd tried out EVERYTHING there, the review would have been...huge. That being said, I could have condensed it more I guess. I told you I fail at writing :lol:
on the contrary, if it hadn't been so long it wouldn't have provided as much detail. that's what makes people crowd around those things after all, details so far unknown and reactions. if it had been shorter my expectations wouldn't have gone up for kinect (slightly), new vegas, and assassins creed.

i'm also interested in this 3d they were using, it sounds like the new digital 3d (made by the company RealD Cinema) they are using in theaters these days (only know because i worked in one). there must be some major differences though. while they do work fantastically, after you take them out of their wrapping and they get exposed to the atmosphere they stop working after several days. that's the main reason why the theater doesn't hound everyone to give them back. i wonder what the secret is. :geek:

fable and gears weren't of particular interest to me as i've come to know what to expect from them. :lol:
british humor and ultra violence respectively.

droded;436810 said:
Instalment is the International English spelling. Installment is the Americanised spelling.

oh! my mistake. :lol:
the language barrier between different english countries is so subtle, some times i forget it even exists.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I'd still not bother with Kinect personally until I see something more than what the Wii is offering but I was impressed nonetheless with how accurate the sensor is. People still look really stupid leaping about with it though...

The 3D thing was cool - it's not quite "leap out at you" stuff but it adds a certain something to car chases in Mafia II...unfortunately the glasses didn't fit too well over my own, so maybe I'd have to tape them on or something?

A lot of games there were only showing the multiplayer modes which, whilst interesting, was a shame because I was hoping for some campaign action...that being said, I suppose it would have ruined a lot of linear games if they had shown that stuff. I guess I got to see what I wanted, which was the main thing :lol: - but less tall people would have been good.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

Aww I thought it was Froggys review :(

Reading now Angel. :p