• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Exp Farming?

N

Nrod

Exp Farming?

Hello again all i just wanna if anyone has some good ways to exp farm because im going to make a charachter with everything maxed out including all spells i also want every wepon in the game does anyone know what the best wepon to use is? cause im thinking solus greatsword cause thats wat im using but is sword of aeons better? or what about avos tear i heard that was a good one cause this account is a hero and
i dont wanna kill therasa:D

A

animandan

Re: Exp Farming?

the way i got alot of exp was using multi shot, and massacring guards

PSYCHOPAT

Celtic Warrior
Reaction score

i used my phicical shield to keep my combat mulitiplyer up and then took exp potions.

itll take alot of exp and patients to max everything out, good luck.;)

N

Nrod

thx i think ima try kiling undeads on the clifside path thats supposed to work good =] and another question wat is the sword stuck in the stone at the temple of avo? and how do you get it out?

A

animandan

i think max physique, but im not sure...
its an ok sword...
has a bunch of augments on it i think...
its a heavy weapon, so it swings alot slower then avos tear for instance...
if i remember correctly...

N

Nrod

thx i wanna try and get a really nice sword cause i screwed up my solus greatsword and double fire agumented it by accident =[

PSYCHOPAT

Celtic Warrior
Reaction score

Nrod;121198 said:
thx i think ima try kiling undeads on the clifside path thats supposed to work good =] and another question wat is the sword stuck in the stone at the temple of avo? and how do you get it out?
you eeither have to max out all ur streanth, or try it with no streanth at all and then imrove physiec by 5, tughness by 4 and health by 3.

N

Nrod

ok i think ill max out strenght it shoulde be easy enought just 1 more physike lvl and a few touyghtness lvls but i wont be able to do it anythime soon caus eim on vacation cya gtg

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

The search function rolls over in it's grave.

R

ruler_of_albion

OMG, dude cliffside path, DUH i have a maxed character, and thats the best place, just use ur target button and do assassins rush and one hit, (with aeons at least) i got to maxed general xp in like 10 min and a combat multiplier of 300

H

Hexadecimal

Devalion's Fable FAQ said:
Q: What is the best way to get experience?
A: This depends upon where you are in the game. First starting out, doing missions and killing monsters will net you some experience. In the Darkwood Cullis Gate section of the forest, when you step off the bridge, or the stairs, the monsters will respawn. Kill them repeatedly for experience. (Depending on what you have leveled up, there will be either small groups of hobbes or a single earth troll)

Once you get a sizable amount of mana potions, you can begin to use the spell Summon to garner loads of will experience. Getting your combat modifier up to around 25 and repeatedly using summon as fast as you can (until the CM is down to 10, where it isn't worth doing anymore) will get you about 25k will experience.

Alternately, if you find a place where rock trolls spawn, you can hold you bow (Skorms bow works the best, but this will also work with an obsidian longbow) for exactly 2 minutes, lock onto the troll, fire, and receive a combat modifier of 60-65. Then spam summon all the way down to a 10 combat modifier for 100k+ will experience.

Skill experience is very easy to get. When first starting out, get a combat modifier of around 6 or 7 and then use a skill potion for 6-7k skill exp. Now, level up in guile so that you are a better merchant. Fable has a very simplistic economy. Low amount of items in stock = high price, high amount of items in stock = low price. In this way, you can buy and sell from a single merchant indefinitely as long as you make a profit. For example, a merchant has 30 health potions at 40 gold per potion. You buy all of these potions. He now wants to buy those same potions for 70 gold per potion. Sell them ALL back to him. Buy them again. Repeat for profit. This works on all items in fable, like diamonds, emeralds, wedding rings, and yes, even augmentations.

Strength experience is a little harder to get up. Since you have a way to get vast amounts of will/skill experience easily, use your general experience to augment your physical experience. Also, use physical experience potions when your combat multiplier is high (see rock troll technique).

http://forums.projectego.net/devalions-fable-faq-1566/

;)

R

ruler_of_albion

is he saying that trading gets u skill exp? then so would theivery right?

H

Hexadecimal

ruler_of_albion;121387 said:
is he saying that trading gets u skill exp? then so would theivery right?

what? o_O
he said that increasing your Guile skill makes you a better trader...
trading and thieving don't add to experience... they're skills that cost experience to get...

A

animandan

you gets skill exp for buying/selling stuff dont you...
cuz i was playing earlier today...
and all of a suddeni got skill exp for buying a wedding ring...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Nope, you don't get skills from buying and selling stuff. I've never seen that before.

H

Hexadecimal

animandan;121391 said:
you gets skill exp for buying/selling stuff dont you...
cuz i was playing earlier today...
and all of a suddeni got skill exp for buying a wedding ring...

you only get skill experience from using your bow... it makes no sense but that's the way it is...
you must have been noticing your money going down or something :lol:

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

Sword of aeons is way better then solus, solus is about 300 damage and aeons is 500, aeons comes with the best augments, solus you need to put in your own to make more damage then aeons.

N

ninjasouth

...maybe... cuz that's happened to me before...

i bought one and i got 3 skill exp

Aeons isn't 600 are you crazy???

it's only 130