• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

F***ING WOW LIONHEAD!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

$am

Reaction score
I used to like to think I was one of Fable's biggest fans. HA! So, here I was, minding my own buisness with my character who has completed the game, and got 80% of the Weapons and Outfits, all Gnomes, Keys, EVERYTHING, then my game freezes. 'No biggy' I thought, and restarted my XBox. HOW WRONG I WAS. When i got back on, I discovered i had changed gender, and EVERYTHING had been deleted. EVERYTHING. :mad:Now, Before today, i would have defended Fable III against anyone who said ANYTHING bad about it. NOT ANY MORE. Well done Lionhead, you're loosing fans by the game.

So, I was wonderin if this, or anything similar had happened to other players? 'Cos I'm FURIOUS.

Balvorn

Imagineer
Reaction score
Wow dude, it IS no biggy. I had a similar problem in Fable II, all my skills, renown, xp and money gone, but I just started a new game and everything was cool. So you've had one problem with the game, sure it's a pretty big one.

Oh and what do you mean, 'everything'?

Aruu

Reaction score
Wow, that's awful! D: I'm sorry to hear that something like that happened. I've not heard of it before, but that sounds like an outright terrifying bug to get.

Archmenel

Reaction score
I can appreciate your frustration.

Perhaps it would be best for you to adopt the much-more-healthy approach that Balvorn suggested. You know: take a breath, be glad that you were at least able to start a new game, and charge through another journey.

I've luckily encountered few bugs with any of the Fable games. There have been some small nuisances from time to time - voices lowering dramatically in pitch, the ****-trail disappearing entirely, and doors not giving the option to open. However, a save and reload has always corrected any problem.

Lionhead, as with any video game producer, is partiallly responsible for any glitch we encounter, truly. But I simply cannot find it within myself to blame every little issue I am faced with on the creators. No product is ever manufactured perfectly flawless. Such is life. I take a breath, channel that frustration into something worth grinning sourly over, and keep on walking.

Of course, you are perfectly free to adopt whatever disposition you wish in said cases.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score
Hehe, he changed gender :D

But seriously, that really sucks! and hey @Balvorn: No biggie? so much time invested - gone!.. but hey, it's just a game, right?
If that happened to me, I would wait till AC: Brotherhood came out, and not touch Fable till they released some DLC... MAYBE!

As much as I love the folks at Lionhead and the work they've done...
They really ****ed us over this time! HARD! and, uh, unprotected?

Point is, Fable III shouldn't have been released until these bugs were fixed
I can't even think of another game with this many bug and glitches - wait! no, yeah Fable II actually...
Have I just become a hater? :O

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score
Oh man, that sucks. Now your signature is very poignant.

I thought just the same! :lol: Now I miss Walter all over again.

Wow dude, it IS no biggy. I had a similar problem in Fable II, all my skills, renown, xp and money gone, but I just started a new game and everything was cool. So you've had one problem with the game, sure it's a pretty big one.

Yeah, that IS a pretty big one. In what sense is that "no biggie?" When you invest hours to dozens of hours of your life in playing a game with the sole incentive of accomplishing in-game quests and achievements, and those are stripped from you due to shoddy programming, in what jacked-up world is that "no biggie?" It's no biggie in the grand scheme of things, sure, but that's not what we're talking about here. In the context of buying a game for $60 and playing it for many hours, it's a fairly big deal.

I guess if you have nothing else really going on in your life and you can afford to essentially throw time away, then it is no problem. Otherwise, I could see it being rather upsetting.

Archmenel

Reaction score
I guess if you have nothing else really going on in your life and you can afford to essentially throw time away, then it is no problem. Otherwise, I could see it being rather upsetting.

I liked that *grins*. Don't we all fit into that category to differing degrees?

A quote from the Banshee in Fable II comes to mind, something along the lines of realising how many hours of your life you have wasted playing a game.

TheDarkCynder

Reaction score
Very dissapointing, but I don't think Lionhead would do that intentionally, that is how you're making it seem. They're not TRYING to lose fans, obviously. Creating a video game is hard work, most people who play them insult the game without knowing a scrap of coding themself. I don't know any game that has not had any annoying bugs/glitches upon release.

$am

Reaction score
i know, sorry people, i over reacted :/ i was just annoyed, i needed a way to vent my anger, it was pretty childish, sorry :/

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
could you explain more about this glitch?
are you still in the same part of the game you were last time?
i would be glad to offer my spare gold if you need, and a few of my duplicated legendary weps for you?

SimonKalevra

Reaction score
Very dissapointing, but I don't think Lionhead would do that intentionally, that is how you're making it seem. They're not TRYING to lose fans, obviously. Creating a video game is hard work, most people who play them insult the game without knowing a scrap of coding themself. I don't know any game that has not had any annoying bugs/glitches upon release.
I don't know anything about coding..
what I do know, however, is that a vast majority of games doesn't seem to have this problem - which leads me to believe that they did a poor job.
Regardless of my knowledge of "coding"

Yeah! SUCK IT! I didn't even swear once! Whoo!

Reaction score

$am

Reaction score
could you explain more about this glitch?
are you still in the same part of the game you were last time?
i would be glad to offer my spare gold if you need, and a few of my duplicated legendary weps for you?

cheers bud :D urm, well i dont really know what happened tbh, i just lost all of my collected things, eg. weapons, money, outfits, gnomes etc. i think, but my quests and locations remained the same?

oh, and then theres the little problem of gender change -.-

Aruu

Reaction score
I have to agree with Sir Robin. It's easy enough for other people to say that it's no big deal, but it is a huge deal when you only have a limited amount of time to play a game in. Besides, we pay good money to have a game that doesn't randomly lose several hours of save data.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
I have to agree with Sir Robin. It's easy enough for other people to say that it's no big deal, but it is a huge deal when you only have a limited amount of time to play a game in. Besides, we pay good money to have a game that doesn't randomly lose several hours of save data.
i would hate to lose my save file, but i dont mind making a new game, since there isnt a loss of any sort, and it gives you more time to spend on fable without it seeming pointless.
and my first save file got stuck during the rescue quest which annoyed me, but i was happy because i didnt have to use that bone cutlass hilt on my hero sword

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
cheers bud :D urm, well i dont really know what happened tbh, i just lost all of my collected things, eg. weapons, money, outfits, gnomes etc. i think, but my quests and locations remained the same?

oh, and then theres the little problem of gender change -.-
kk, we my gamertag is: m1ke 4000
i would love to coop with you and help you through your new character if you want?

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score
I liked that *grins*. Don't we all fit into that category to differing degrees?

A quote from the Banshee in Fable II comes to mind, something along the lines of realising how many hours of your life you have wasted playing a game.

Touché! I think the Crawler said something to that effect as well. I'll admit I had to stop and take stock of my gaming habits for a second when I heard it. Then I kept slaughtering shadow demons.

Something might also be said for the amount of time we spend talking about and not even playing the game on these forums. But then, I think we generally multi-task while on here (I'm reading for contracts right now... sort of), as well as enjoy the witty repartee of our compatriots.

That's true of course. And I actually feel a little bad constantly venting my frustrations about the game, because I love Fable and am a huge LH fan. But the fact remains that, even though they didn't release a buggy game intentionally, they also didn't intentionally make sure the game was as flawless as possible before release. I'm not sure, but I think Fable I and II had far fewer issues than III does, so we know LH can do better - something I've said about so many aspects of the game. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.