• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 1 Remake

Cain

Reaction score
I doubt it. I like the original graphics of Fable I, and if the remake made my character look like I had gigantism with my strength skill maxed, certainly not.

Don't you become like 10 feet tall on the original when you max your strength? Maybe no that tall, but you are a lot taller than villagers or when you started playing.

Anyway, Fable is one of those things which don't need a remake, in my opinion.

Khalin

Reaction score
Don't you become like 10 feet tall on the original when you max your strength? Maybe no that tall, but you are a lot taller than villagers or when you started playing.

Anyway, Fable is one of those things which don't need a remake, in my opinion.
That's only if you max Skill. Increasing Strength stats to the max just makes you disgustingly bulky, like some hideous hulk.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
That's only if you max Skill. Increasing Strength stats to the max just makes you disgustingly bulky, like some hideous hulk.

Like a sexy hulk.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Like a sexy hulk.
Unless you play as a woman - I like the look of the men in the Fable games when they're all buffed out but the women just look...scary...

Erika

Reaction score
if you can be a girl and have a dog? HELL YEA!
tho my mom says she dosent like the 1st one. says the combats is to complex. granted it is but i like it.
the magic, weapons, and everything its bettr xD
(oh and i think if they do remake. they should take all the clothes from the 1st 2nd and 3 and put it all in the game =3 *add dyes too*)

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Well, I'D VERY MUCH LIKE TO RUN TO MY GAMESTORE TO GET THE GAME if they did make a remake. Have you guys seen the remake for Halo: Combat Evolved? They added everything that was introduced in the later games, and the game's graphics look gorgeous. A Fable remake would kill me with excitement.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I agree, there's no point in doing a remake of an already great game.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
I agree, there's no point in doing a remake of an already great game.

Halo CE was a great game. So, if anything, we should wait and see how Halo CE's remake fares.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Halo CE was a great game. So, if anything, we should wait and see how Halo CE's remake fares.
Halo is Halo, Fable is Fable. You can't compare two franchises that have such a wide difference
between them. The developers also handle things differently, and are focused on different
objectives.

Yeah, they come from the same wealthy family of Microsoft Games, but that doesn't make
them comparable with each other when it comes down to community, reception and game
play style.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
And here's me trying to keep us all optimistic... :p You do have a point there.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

I disagree with the remake of that as well. Move forward, not backwards.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
I disagree with the remake of that as well. Move forward, not backwards.
Arseface, are you a fan of Halo? If you aren't then you should know that there are many
features that Halo: Combat Evolved didn't have. Xbox Live multiplayer is the first
and most wished by the fan-base. ¹

Halo: Anniversary Edition is just for the fan-base that wishes to replay or play for the first time
the origin of the series and how it brought something innovated in the FPS genera.

Halo isn't moving backwards, it's just delivering something for the fan-base to enjoy until the
following story involving Master Chief comes around. (Halo 4, announced during E3 2011)

¹ Yeah, the PC version supported many things, although features introduced later Halo games,
graphics - and well playing it on the Xbox is an entirely different thing than playing
Halo: Combat Evolved on the PC.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Arseface, are you a fan of Halo? If you aren't then you should know that there are many
features that Halo: Combat Evolved didn't have. Xbox Live multiplayer is the first
and most wished by the fan-base. ¹

Halo: Anniversary Edition is just for the fan-base that wishes to replay or play for the first time
the origin of the series and how it brought something innovated in the FPS genera.

Halo isn't moving backwards, it's just delivering something for the fan-base to enjoy until the
following story involving Master Chief comes around. (Halo 4, announced during E3 2011)

¹ Yeah, the PC version supported many things, although features introduced later Halo games,
graphics - and well playing it on the Xbox is an entirely different thing than playing
Halo: Combat Evolved on the PC.

I enjoyed all of the games in the Halo trilogy quite a bit. So CE didn't have xbox live multiplayer, 3 and Reach have it. No use doing the same thing again with a different name.

Halo: Anniversary Edition will add nothing new. It's simply a graphics overhaul. What is the point? Bungie are just remaking it because it will sell huge and they have to put almost no work into it.

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
I see absolutely no reason to remake Fable 1. What would they even do with it, besides giving it better graphics and fixing some glitches? Neither of which are especially necessary.
I wouldn't mind going back in the Fable timeline to a earlier era (like the Old Kingdom or the age of William Black) and exploring ancient Albion... but I think the Hero of Oakvale has had all the adventures he's going to have. Nothing more can really be added to his story.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Halo: Anniversary Edition will add nothing new. It's simply a graphics overhaul. What is the point? Bungie are just remaking it because it will sell huge and they have to put almost no work into it.
You still don't get it. Anyway, Bungie doesn't work on Halo anymore. 343 Industries - a studio
within Microsoft is now the developer of the Halo franchise.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
You still don't get it. Anyway, Bungie doesn't work on Halo anymore. 343 Industries - a studio
within Microsoft is now the developer of the Halo franchise.

*sigh* Oni, what don't I get? They're just remaking because it will sell and they don't have to put any work into it.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
*sigh* Oni, what don't I get?
If you don't want to bother with me then you aren't forced to answer, Arseface.

They're just remaking because it will sell and they don't have to put any work into it.
Now are you talking about the guys that give the green light to projects or the developers
themselves? Being a simple thing true, but game development is always a long-lasting procedure
that requires many resources - regardless of the "simplicity" of the idea/project, they want to have
some income for future projects? That's also possible. (I don't see a problem with that, as far I can
tell Halo 4 looks promising)

Although if you actually liked Halo: Combat Evolved then you wouldn't be a prick over a remake
of the game. Not convinced that the game will be a successful remake? Let's wait until it gets
released.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
If you don't want to bother with me then you aren't forced to answer, Arseface.

I'm just annoyed you keep acting as if you know something I don't, then when I ask you about it, you ignore the question.

Now are you talking about the guys that give the green light to projects or the developers
themselves? Being a simple thing true, but game development is always a long-lasting procedure
that requires many resources - regardless of the "simplicity" of the idea/project, they want to have
some income for future projects? That's also possible. (I don't see a problem with that, as far I can
tell Halo 4 looks promising)

Although if you actually liked Halo: Combat Evolved then you wouldn't be a prick over a remake
of the game. Not convinced that the game will be a successful remake? Let's wait until it gets
released.

Lacky, they're using the exact engine from the orginal Halo for the singleplayer, and the exact engine from Reach for the multiplayer. All they're doing is making a few new maps and some fancy graphics. The effort/reward ratio is tipped way on the reward side with this. I'm not scared it's not going to be successful, I'm scared they're going to get away with rereleasing old material with nothing added to it. What would you say if Microsoft rereleased the original Xbox, but in the same case of a 360, and charging the same price as a 360?

If you like the original Halo, go play it. If you want to play Reach's multiplayer, go and play it. Don't buy this simply because it puts the two together.