• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 2 modding indirectly (fable 2 pub games)

R

Repoman 108

Fable 2 modding indirectly (fable 2 pub games)

i found a way to mod fable 2 pub games on the 360, and subsequently be able to indirectly mod fable 2. im making a program at the moment but when its done ill post it. you can change your pub games character profile to have things like all inventory items, concept art, 5 star rating, unlock all games, have 999,999,999,999 gold or to change your characters name. once youve modded your character profile and once fable 2 comes out you just have to merge your profile with your fable 2 profile and you will inherit that 999,999,999,999 gold into fable 2.

Lionheart

Reaction score
Re: Fable 2 modding indirectly (fable 2 pub games)

Isnt that illegal :unsure: I dont really think you should be posting illegal mods on the forums.
Thanks for the confirmation caboose Please dont continue with your project it is both illegal and could get you a perma ban on xbox live.

Caboose

Immortal Warrior
Reaction score

you're lying plus we don't want any Viruses here.... plus that is definetly illegal in the Eyes of Microsoft and you would be risking a permenant live ban

A

Armerad

Perhaps it would be better if it gave you a more believeable amount of gold, like 463,942 gold, and let it be repeatable.

J

Jiin

and how do you mod this?

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Don we havea forum dedicated to fable 1 modding? So why is it so bad now? Im notunna get that code or anything but i lik hearing how awesome ppl are with crap lol

0cean v0id

1. hes lying their is no way he has cracked all the codes in fable 2 because ive already been doing research on it and its impossible to get those file types so far.
2. you don't know you can mod fable 2 without fable 2
3. I am a very much skilled modder than you i started modding fable/xbox games like 4 years ago and i know what is and is not possible.

Finally the only way you will get in trouble for modding an 360 game is if someone who works for Microsoft/company that makes the game finds out that are on XBL. Modding is not illegal its simply changing around the files already in the game to make something new for the game. so don't be scared to mod unless you have illegal intent :D

Happy modding everyone!

M

murphhprum

Can you mod fable on the xbox??

0cean v0id

yes i already have you need a modded xbox first

P

P3NGU1N

Question: He's not modding Fable 2. He's modding that pub games that will in turn change the fable 2 experience. I'm assuming the code for the pub games is on the Xbox after being downloaded. Is it not possible, then, for him to mod that?

I ask because he never claimed to mod Fable 2, only the pub games.

In any case I am quite curious as to what equipment you need to modify software that is on a console. I think whether or not anyone uses it is at their discretion. Anyway. Just my little bit of input.

R

Repoman 108

...i didnt mod fable 2. i modded fable 2 pub games for which the character profile is saved as a CON file meaning i can mod it. it stores all information such as your pub games character money and all that ****. everything about that character. i havent modded fable 2 but i have modded pub games which means that when fable 2 comes out i will be able to transfer my modded gold onto fable 2 full game. which has the same affect as modding fable 2's gold. so as soon as fable 2 comes out all i have to do is create a profile on there and go into pub games. then merge characters with the profile so that profile inherits the gold. which at this point is 999,999,999,999 gold. ive also modded the inventory to be full. which has potions and everything so if i transfer those onto the profile and repeat that process with new modded fable 2 pub games profiles so i will get unlimited potions. basically it has similar effects to modding fable 2 in the way that i can start the game with loads of money and items...

to penguin i thank you for actually reading my post and posting in relevance to it and to answer your question. when you download the fable 2 pub games to your xbox it is stored as a LIVE file which means that you cannot mod it without a LIVE resigner which currently doesnt exist and would be incredibly difficult to make. the save i edited was a CON file which means that it stores information such as game saves or custom content like on halo 3. if you create a forge map or gametype or film or screenshot it is custom content and is a CON file and things such as gamesaves with information like attributes and so on. we can mod CON files because we have a container resigner. anyway the CON file that the pub games used was very easy to edit. it was just a matter of changing certain numbers to display other values which tricks the game into reading your false information when it loads. eg. in the file it might read "G.o.l.d.b.a.l.a.n.c.e.=.'.5.0.0.'." and you wuld have to change that to "G.o.l.d.b.a.l.a.n.c.e.=.'.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.'." and then it had an object size reference point for the size of the section. but to put it in short i only modded my save so i had unlocked things i wasnt sposed to yet. i hope i answered your question

and to ocean void who claimed i was lying and that "I am a very much skilled modder than you" i lol at your grammer. and even though you've been modding xbox 1 games for longer which is incredibly easy. the xbox 360 has only been moddable since the CON resigner was released which has only been since i started modding. we are both limited by the capabilities of xbox 360 modding

to the idiots who decided to dismiss it just download this, rehash and then resign with your console and profile IDs and put it in the location in your hard drive "partition 3\content\your profile id\5841091D\00000001" then transfer it to your fable 2 hero profile when it gets released

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b4986f/n/Fable2PubCharacterSave0

K

Krunomo

Repoman 108;213958 said:
...i didnt mod fable 2. i modded fable 2 pub games for which the character profile is saved as a CON file meaning i can mod it. it stores all information such as your pub games character money and all that ****. everything about that character. i havent modded fable 2 but i have modded pub games which means that when fable 2 comes out i will be able to transfer my modded gold onto fable 2 full game. which has the same affect as modding fable 2's gold. so as soon as fable 2 comes out all i have to do is create a profile on there and go into pub games. then merge characters with the profile so that profile inherits the gold. which at this point is 999,999,999,999 gold. ive also modded the inventory to be full. which has potions and everything so if i transfer those onto the profile and repeat that process with new modded fable 2 pub games profiles so i will get unlimited potions. basically it has similar effects to modding fable 2 in the way that i can start the game with loads of money and items...

Seems to me that you will get bored of the game real fast..why? you ask. Because a mod like that is an uber cheat having that much money will eliminate the need to earn money and thus rip hours of gameplay out of the game. while i couldn't care less how others play i honestly don't see the point of modding the game to have that much money. Now if you modded it to make it more pretty or to change the union jack on the avatars underpants (assuming its like fable 1) to say the aussie flag :D then that would be cool. If you can mod use your talent in a more creative fashion ^_^

R

Repoman 108

while i completely agree with the aussie flag thing (AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! OI OI OI!) and i see what you mean with ruining gameplay (which i dont agree with), all information such as your surroundings and weapons and stuff you could mod on fable 1 would be stored on the disc. even so it would be interesting to know what file type the areas and so on would be. the gamesave for fable 2 is quite likely to be a CON file so if i can get my hands on a fable 2 gamesave before the release date (or just wait it out) then its just a matter of deciphering the format of the file. which there is no way of knowing how difficult that could be. but we may be able to mod exp and stuff directly on fable 2...

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Thats a Stupid and Game Killer Mod.

P

P3NGU1N

Thank you Repoman (Wow, what an ironic statement) for answering the question.

As for the rest of the comments I think that this is very similar to the current debate on whether or not people should take advantage of the pub games glitch. This simply makes that process easier. On that note, this probably isn't the place to argue whether or not cheating is "moral" in a game. Let your personal choices speak for you and leave others to their own means of play.

Personally I wanted to try several ways of playing as both a male and a female, rich and poor. I'm a college student so I don't exactly have the time to farm up thousands upon thousands of gold to pay for everything so this could be a solution for me.

Once again this is a PERSONAL choice which may or may not steal away from my player experience, however, that is all inconsequential to all of you fine gentlemen (and ladies).

Another question: What kind of hardware do you need to access your 360s hdd?

R

Repoman 108

lol its fable. i think this is the perfect place for a matter of morals. you need a piece of hard ware called "xport" to mod. you can get "xsata" too but xport is better and more reliable

H

heochen

Repoman 108;213958 said:
to penguin i thank you for actually reading my post and posting in relevance to it and to answer your question. when you download the fable 2 pub games to your xbox it is stored as a LIVE file which means that you cannot mod it without a LIVE resigner which currently doesnt exist and would be incredibly difficult to make. the save i edited was a CON file which means that it stores information such as game saves or custom content like on halo 3. if you create a forge map or gametype or film or screenshot it is custom content and is a CON file and things such as gamesaves with information like attributes and so on. we can mod CON files because we have a container resigner. anyway the CON file that the pub games used was very easy to edit. it was just a matter of changing certain numbers to display other values which tricks the game into reading your false information when it loads. eg. in the file it might read "G.o.l.d.b.a.l.a.n.c.e.=.'.5.0.0.'." and you wuld have to change that to "G.o.l.d.b.a.l.a.n.c.e.=.'.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.'." and then it had an object size reference point for the size of the section. but to put it in short i only modded my save so i had unlocked things i wasnt sposed to yet. i hope i answered your question

the CON file is also the gamesave of the pub games right? and where is its location? is it "partition 3\content\your profile id\5841091D\00000001" ?

could I open the CON file with any editor software? such as notepad from windows? and then look after "g.o.l.d.b.a.l.a.n.c.e" ? if yes, then I will only edit mein own gamesave and don't even need such a resigner right?

if yes, then its quite easy and almost everybody in fable 2 would run around as billionaires ;)

A

Arena

I love repoman for just bitching all of you whiners saying he's fake, however, how you can 'lol' at his grammar is very ironic. Seeing as you fail to follow any rules of grammar yourself. But hey, good job!

I personally won't use this, particularly before I've completed the game!

H

heochen

well, i just want to know how to mod the con file :D

S

Seargant Mitch

ooh erm ohai thar, I personally aint trying this...i like xbox live too much for my accounts to be banned. Enjoy the bans.