• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3 Arguments /Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
Also, there's a bunch of people who think it will be as fun as the Eye Toy was.
exactly, so my point is some of the features that PM is putting in are like the kinect, theoretically they should be better (or at least as good) but people aren't used to them and find it easier to say that they are simply bad ideas rather than getting used to them. of course if enough people do say they are bad ideas then they are, only time will tell .and the number of people who come onto these types of forums and complain are just a handful of people who bought the game and don't necessarily represent the majority. You can say they were bad ideas, I can say they were good ideas but to be perfectly honest neither of will know for sure until Fable IV comes out or other games start copying

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
What roots did it drift away from and how does the first and third game have nothing in common? I can list lots of similarities, guild seal, demon door, silver key, melee, range, magic, chickens, choices, character morphing, hero, reality sim, balvarines, Theresa, digging, action style combat. That's stuff in common.

I'm starting to think there are no facts in the hate speech against fable 3...
It's RPG roots, it's mythical roots, it's enourmous lore roots.
That stuff, except Demon Doors, has changed for worse, for example,
Melee? chopped down a GREAT bit from I to II and then it was chopped even more for III.
Guild seals? Changed purpose and forms completely until it became a frisbee that somehow you can carry around .
Magic? just ask the Will oriented people how do they feel.
Chickens were just too overused this time around.
Choices? don't get me started. III's choices were absolutely rubbish. When you made evil oriented choices, you were doing it for the benefit of the people anyway, what's the point? Endgame choices were purely monetary, no love or anything was truly there.
Character Morphing. You're kidding right?
Reality Sim. Fable was never, as isn't today, a reality sim.
Balverines. Read the balverine order or do the Silverpines kingly quest, tell me if that's what balverines were back in TLC
Theresa. imokwiththese.jpg
Digging...so?
Action Style Combat. Do you really feel it's the same kind of combat?

It's not Lionhead's Fable anymore, it's Microsoft's.

Recycled Human

Reaction score
It's RPG roots, it's mythical roots, it's enourmous lore roots.
That stuff, except Demon Doors, has changed for worse, for example,
Melee? chopped down a GREAT bit from I to II and then it was chopped even more for III.
Guild seals? Changed purpose and forms completely until it became a frisbee that somehow you can carry around .
Magic? just ask the Will oriented people how do they feel.
Chickens were just too overused this time around.
Choices? don't get me started. III's choices were absolutely rubbish. When you made evil oriented choices, you were doing it for the benefit of the people anyway, what's the point? Endgame choices were purely monetary, no love or anything was truly there.
Character Morphing. You're kidding right?
Reality Sim. Fable was never, as isn't today, a reality sim.
Balverines. Read the balverine order or do the Silverpines kingly quest, tell me if that's what balverines were back in TLC
Theresa. imokwiththese.jpg
Digging...so?
Action Style Combat. Do you really feel it's the same kind of combat?

It's not Lionhead's Fable anymore, it's Microsoft's.

I'm fairly certain Microsoft didn't tell LH to abandon their fantasy 'roots', if they lost those they did so at 2. The fantasy element was apparently very appealing to you and many other fans of this series but equally apparent is how unappealing it must have been to LH in regards to Fable. They abandoned this 'root' almost immediately. Fable was about choice, it was about being a hero and it still is today. It's not necessary to reinvent the wheel every new game but it is necessary to grow.

Choice of life or death is nothing new in role playing and ultimately these are the choices you had for the first game, the second one expanded a bit but abstained from the moral grey areas. Finally comes fable 3, which offers some of the most powerful (albeit most overlooked) choices in the series. This wasn't, save everyone/kill everyone this was make everyone happy and save everyone/make difficult choices that endanger people to save them and if you weren't a real-estate tycoon or chose to be good without paying attention to time you ended up losing lots of people.

I just finished a playthrough where I was a good guy but didn't buy the real estate packages. This made it very difficult to raise money, I tried trading but I was limited, went to stealing and eventually realized I had to make some tough choices, some realistic choices. In the end I raised 5.6 million. People died. But the ending I got was incredible. Theresa praised mentor making the choices I did, (and maybe she always does) she called Paige an idealist and page really is an idealist. The truth is, if it were Real situation you would choose to destroy mistpeak by plundering it for lumber, you'd drain the lake to mine for minerals, this provides jobs which helps the economy etc. You might not raise taxes or tighten the reigns on the drinking limit but you wouldn't foolishly drop the tax rate and let the people drink their cares away either.

So what is fable? Fable is choice. But how many times can you play through as the young farmboy/girl who chooses to be good for no obvious reason or chooses to be evil for no obvious reason. This time around it was perfectly clear because they gave you a scenario instead of thrusting you into the world and saying 'have at it'.

To me, this ones a success. It fits the basic bill of a Fable game. Your character does morph (hell I get wings this time). I can shoot or use magic or swing swords. This isn't too different than what I recall.

And yes this combat is still similar to fable 1, maybe it doesn't have the spells of fable 1 but ultimately it feels the same.

Jack 0f Blades

Reaction score
I found Fable 3, a great game. Just imagine Fable one, with those graphics, hahah. I can only dream. But, if I was too choose what I wanted to like, I would increase the size of Aurora, 3 places.... like 15% of the map?

Bad opinion
- Understone DLC too short?

It only includes, A shooting range(EASY already got black dragon?)
Reaver's Spinny wheel thing (easy to beat...)
The One story line mission. ("the voice" could've been something evil close to the dark void, as that's what I thought it was. Hopefully better DLC's in the future)

Status
Not open for further replies.