• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3: Reavers role?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score
Fable 3: Reavers role?

What are everyones thoughts on Reaver's confirmed return in Fable 3? +rep

I think he'll be an enemy to us, even if only for a bit of the story - He is of course, Reaver. :(

If you bought his mansion in Bloodstone at the end of Fable 2, you'll know about the note you recieve from him.

Post your thoughts ^_^

Karmasb!ch

Antidisestablishmentarian
Reaction score
Re: Fable 3: Reavers role?

i liked reaver as a character, but i honestly think he'll end up as a semi deep side quest, unless the king queen and possibly jack return, then he might play a larger role

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Karmasb!ch;414075 said:
i liked reaver as a character, but i honestly think he'll end up as a semi deep side quest, unless the king queen and possibly jack return, then he might play a larger role

Yeh probably. He was my second favourite of the three Heroes, below Garth.
I'm hoping he'll become an ally at some point during the game. Sucked when he tried to turn you in to Lucien after you went all the way to the Shadow Court to keep him young. o_O

Lady

Queen
Reaction score

Wasn't there a topic about this already?

Regardless, I think that once the PC version comes out, if there isn't already a deep, meaningful sidequest of epic proportions, there will be a mod for that. If he isn't a romance option for the ladies and gentlemen, I give it a few days before a modder gets tired of the "suggestion" board spammers. (*cough, cough*)

As for the 360 edition, I just hope his role is as emotionally stimulating as in his performance in Fable II, enemy or ally alike.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Lady;414083 said:
Wasn't there a topic about this already?

Regardless, I think that once the PC version comes out, if there isn't already a deep, meaningful sidequest of epic proportions, there will be a mod for that. If he isn't a romance option for the ladies and gentlemen, I give it a few days before a modder gets tired of the "suggestion" board spammers. (*cough, cough*)

As for the 360 edition, I just hope his role is as emotionally stimulating as in his performance in Fable II, enemy or ally alike.

If there was, I didn't see it. o_O
PC Users are lucky like that. Modding whatever they want. But I guess Xbox must have it's limits. Same went for Oblivion, if someone got killed unintentionally, just res them with a console command. o_O
If we get a choice wether to ally with him or not, I'll definitely be denying it. The only reason I liked Reaver was because of his Dragonstomper.48, and you can't even get one for yourself :(

I still think he will return as an antagonist.

Wasabi

Cant play Fable 3 till Dec.
Reaction score

Well, we know he'll be returning and he'll have his 'Reaver Industries' thing going on...We also know that you will be making a promise to him in the game, which you can keep or break after you become king/queen, thus influencing your relationship with him. I can only assume you make this promise for the same reason you make promises to everyone else- for support. Although, knowing Reaver, there will be more to things than just the usual...

I'm thinking he'll be an ally. I can see him feeling smothered by Logan's tyranny. Both of them are ambitious and self-involved, so they'll likely clash. If Reaver is involved with Logan at all, I believe it will be very one-sided, with Logan dictating most of Reaver's moves.

More reason for him to join you and lend you a sweet ship.

Muaha.
>:}

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Wasabi;414114 said:
Well, we know he'll be returning and he'll have his 'Reaver Industries' thing going on...We also know that you will be making a promise to him in the game, which you can keep or break after you become king/queen, thus influencing your relationship with him. I can only assume you make this promise for the same reason you make promises to everyone else- for support. Although, knowing Reaver, there will be more to things than just the usual...

I'm thinking he'll be an ally. I can see him feeling smothered by Logan's tyranny. Both of them are ambitious and self-involved, so they'll likely clash. If Reaver is involved with Logan at all, I believe it will be very one-sided, with Logan dictating most of Reaver's moves.

More reason for him to join you and lend you a sweet ship.

Muaha.
>:}

OK, you've just completely swayed me there fella. :lol:
I guess you're right about Logan and Reaver clashing. After all, Reaver was power and wealth hungry in Fable 2.
I knew about all the promises you would have to make, and then honour or break, but I had no idea about one with Reaver. That'll be very interesting. ^_^
And yeh, I'll also agree that there will be more to Reavers promise than it will first seem.

sirsimon

Reaction score

he's in league with logan, due to the crates bearing an R and a L and the workhouses apprently belong to him.

but on one quest he says he will betray logan if you agree to build a large area of workhouses. you have to agree or not to agree, that is the question

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

R and L most likely means Rex Logan (king logan). It's an old english term and Albion is supposed to represent Britain

sirsimon

Reaction score

you could be right there, as an archaeologist I can agree on that, rex was latin for king. but we'll won't know until its release

Wasabi

Cant play Fable 3 till Dec.
Reaction score

sirsimon;414125 said:
he's in league with logan, due to the crates bearing an R and a L and the workhouses apprently belong to him.

but on one quest he says he will betray logan if you agree to build a large area of workhouses. you have to agree or not to agree, that is the question

LR more likely means Logan Rex (it's been on the web a lot lately). Where did you hear that he will betray Logan? 0_0

sirsimon

Reaction score

its an assumption, I read somewhere that reaver will join you as a follower if you agree to build workhouses

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

here are fable 3 shirts for sale that sy: Reaver's factory or whatever. So its speculated that he is going to be a factory owner.

Overan

Reaction score

I hope we have a side quest where the hero pulls a Dorian Gray kind of thing and destroys what keeps Reaver young and there be a cut-scene where we see him age and die then turn to dust.

Reaction score

Overan;414462 said:
I hope we have a side quest where the hero pulls a Dorian Gray kind of thing and destroys what keeps Reaver young and there be a cut-scene where we see him age and die then turn to dust.

Agreed, I think that would be the best way to see reaver go. It's better than simply shooting Him in the head, also seeing Reaver die by what He fears the most would fit His storyline the best.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

Little_Sparrow;414163 said:
here are fable 3 shirts for sale that sy: Reaver's factory or whatever. So its speculated that he is going to be a factory owner.

Yes, there are posters that say 'Reaver industries' (or something) then 'work or starve'

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Reaver, in Fable III will come as a powerful businessman, who has a fleet (presumambly, because he was a pirate and also he should trade what he produces in Albion) and all the factories around the land of Albion. I'm sure his personality will be the same, however more cautious due to Logan being on the throne.

Why cautious? Logan is a dictator, what Logan wants is simply power, gold and a huge military. Some of these things could impact on Reaver's industry, I believe also that Reaver eliminated most of the other people that tried to start a business huge as Reaver's in the last 50 years. (it's clearly impossible that nobody else had the same idea as Reaver about the factories)
Reaver's role will be as an opponent or a potential ally in the first part of the game. However, sepculation says that when Logan will be defeated the hero will be able to make a business pact with Reaver, presumambly Reaver had one with Logan in the past, however we will know about this in the release of Fable III.

Another thing to note on Reaver, I'm sure that the hero of Fable III will be involved with the sacrifice that Reaver needs to make every while in order to stay young and achieve immortality. However, this time I believe that there will be a fight with Reaver, possibly a final one if he stands on the path of the hero, revolution.

Unless the hero is a worser tyrant than Logan and all the Hero of Fable III did was just use the revolution as a quick-path to rose to power, overthrow everyone else and have Albion for his/her own.

Geez, my grammar is way messed up today. I had to make three corrections.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Overan;414462 said:

I revel in the thought of such a quest, haha. After both of his betrayals in Fable 2, it would be a ironic and fitting end. The traitor gets betrayed.

Reaction score

GhostlyIcicle;414525 said:
I revel in the thought of such a quest, haha. After both of his betrayals in Fable 2, it would be a ironic and fitting end. The traitor gets betrayed.

YES!!! that would be the ultimate irony!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.