• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 4 Plot and other ideas

What you want in Fable 4?

• Total voters

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
well first of all im from USA and i dont understand all that fancy things at the ends of numbers and here the cost of new games is $60. But back to the subject the game wouldn't have to be all gay and make us pay monthly they can just make it free, because the people like me already have to pay monthly for xbox live and then we and to buy the game. I dont think they wold do that, or would they? but i think i could live with out the MMO.

What do you guys think of my earlier post? (the one above the MMO commit)

JFitzgerald

Lionheart
Reaction score
Well probably, but it would help if we waited for it to be confirmed and announced before we start guessing platforms

Konkesai

Reaction score
my main problem with fables 2 and 3 are that the boss battles were just plain disappointing i had more fun fighting a troll and the short story line

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Fable IV? I can except lots of fan service. Jack of Blades comes back 400 years in the future on the sci-fi settlement and manages to mix technology with the dark arts and summon back his comrades et arms, however, do not wary since Theresa will pick the X great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-(x20)great-grandson of the hero of Oakvale to save the day while fans speculate she is evil.

SilverValkyrie

Reaction score
I would play this game in a heartbeat! The Only good thing in fable 3 was the graphics personally. I wish there was a way to get lionhead to make this freaking game seriously major step up from the 3rds plot and I want more of the Archon and scythe and everyhing :)

BenBalverineSlayer

Reaction score
I would play this game in a heartbeat! The Only good thing in fable 3 was the graphics personally. I wish there was a way to get lionhead to make this freaking game seriously major step up from the 3rds plot and I want more of the Archon and scythe and everyhing :)

<3

beezlbubz96

Reaction score
always moving forward... why dont we move forward by going backwards the beginning of the continent and the Original First City centered on magic that left all the old toys laying around Albion, (also i dont know much lore of albion just saying that before you read)

Part 1-You start in the city grow up as a average kid help create a demon door then something grabs you and pulls you through time to save you and plants you soon after in Albion after the catastrophe (about a 100 or so years)

Part 2- you get beat up by some powerful beasts and a bunch of people save you and take you back to their home (the beginning of the guild) they take care of you and teach you the basics and enjoy doing it and you use magic infront of them and they dont understand and begin to research it(you become the reason they make the guild to guide heros)

part 3-when your older you help them get materials to make the guild and in doing so find a girl (or boy) in need of help, so you help them and in the process get taken away by the evil person/s and finish growing up in their cells or helping them torture/steal/pillage and all fun and evil things, mystical seer finds you and takes you to the other side of the continent so not to be guided by others

part 4-you awake in the ruins of your old home, and go on a quest to find out what happened , you search the city and the outskirts and find bits and pieces but no real clues then when you go to rest when you awake she tells you what happened and that the people now need you to protect magic and help with events that will determine the fight of Albions future to come for thousands of years

part 5-you go from town to town helping or killing people you want to influence them , capture castles/towns from evil and good leaders and turn them into good law abiding citizens or slums for whores and theives

part 6-you find a bunch of people fighting and others watching and placing bets then suggest a idea for a arena to the death/arena of honor for the enjoyment of citizens of Albion

part 7- you become captured again by the same people who took you as a kid and they lock you up and torture you untill you help them across the sea

part 8- you help them conqure a nation (on a island or smaller continent)

part 9-after you help them right before you finish your old guardians (people who saved and raised you) come in and stop them and save you/fight you (depending on if you want to be good or evil)

part 10- you were there for 10 years and now come back to find all your hard work or thieving/pillaging have done, after exploring them you can purchase some property's (2 homes 2 businesses in each town) after you have 3 businesses and 1 home someone comes to greet you he/she then starts to buy up everything to prevent you from doing so

part 11- you hear talk about him and you now go to his place and find out where hes getting his money/whos giving him the money, after you search his house you find its (evil person) and he is just a pawn like the people who kidnapped you and the next place he/she intends to buy is the heros guild to stop it from being fully built because they stopped to search for you, you go to them and find out what is wrong and it turns out they are broke and someone stole all their money

part 12- you help them get their money back and in doing so create the guild (a small one), then go on a quest for a item youve heard about that can grant power that 1 of them tell you about, it turns out its inside a dragon that you have to defeat

part 13- after getting the item from the dragon and return back to the guild its fully built (still small) for teaching a few students , you give it to the person who told you about it , they then use it and it steals some of your power giving it to them and they cant stop it, and the one who told you about it runs away before anyone can stop him/her

part 14- you then find out they it was all him/her who stole you, made you fight, made you steal, made you kill , made you help to try to conquer the nation, stole your power for his/her benefit, you set out to find them and stop them (or help them) save/destroy the future of Albion

part 15- after you search for clues all over Albion you have to travel deep underground below your old city to find them , and a temple of Skorm where assassins are training, you head to the alter where he/she is sitting and explains everything and about how a seeress was seen taking a child from a once great city that then fell and old books that told of a hero that will guide Albion into its future, and how heros can use magic and how it can be transferred into others by the blood of heros

part 16- you escape or join him/her and become a assassin of Skorm and destroy the heros guild, or escape and destroy the temple of skorm becoming a leader

part 17- you fight the assassins and old magical technology all over Albion stoping towns or helping destroy certain towns and people

part 18-ensure the fate of the major places , arena, heros guild, certain towns, go the way you want them to for now and search for more power

part 19-after you find a old music box (or other fable artifact from the old magical city with great power) you either collect souls from many towns and good/bad people or you take it to many magical sites over Albion to collect power and then do the ritual to gain the power

part 20- fight a true onslaught of monsters in the arena and chase the evil person all over the kingdom eventually ending at your home where he/she turns out to be a huge powerful monster , you defeat them then you can pillage or do more sidequests or slay everyone

i know this isnt the best game story wise, but its just a outline =) many changes for lore would be needed but for a reboot i think it would be good =x

deviltothemetal

Reaction score
Many people claim that Fable 3 sucked because it was more of a RPG and the enemies weren't that difficult to defeat, but I enjoyed playing it. There are not a lot of games as unique as Fable is. I hope that there will be a Fable 4 and from what I heard there is a good chance there will be. It will most definitely be the end of Fable but I hope they can squeeze in one more game for their fans.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
always moving forward... why dont we move forward by going backwards the beginning of the continent and the Original First City centered on magic that left all the old toys laying around Albion...
I hate you.

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
I just wish they would make a prequel or, as Aions said, a game in between Fable I and Fable II. They are getting way too far into this "continuing the bloodline" crap. It has to end somewhere.

crystos

Reaction score
1. stop going forward in time.
2. go backwards in time. why are we jumpinmg 500 years ahead everytime??
3. maybe a prequel or make game sin between fable 1 and 2
4. we like great swords..great axes..armour..

I think the giant leaps in time are really ridiculous. So many people have been mentioned in the games and we know zero about them. I want to see Huw the giant etc.

Cain

Reaction score

I think the giant leaps in time are really ridiculous. So many people have been mentioned in the games and we know zero about them. I want to see Huw the giant etc.

Actually there was one 500 year leap, and then one 50 year leap.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I say moving forward is a mistake. It needs to move BACKWARD. AWAY from technological advancements. Back to basics.
I don't care if they choose to make plot decisions like bring back the Hero's Guild or what have you. They can replace it with something equally good or better. What they've LACKED and done wrong since the first game is failing to create a world that has any sense of wonder to it. In fact, the world's been a poverty-ridden cesspit for the past two games. That in of its self isn't a problem. The problem comes in when I have no urge to explore; no sense of wonder when I run around. The industrial revolution of Albion plowed over all that unexplored territory that made being in the world worthwhile.

Look at the Zelda games. Tons of games based around a similar premise in the same imaginary kingdom, but guess what? Every single time I play the newest one it feels FRESH! Albion hasn't felt fresh since I got tired of killing Jack. Christ, do some better storytelling while you're at it. I can see it now, rosy-cheeked little brat discovers right and wrong just in time for some huge tragedy to happen. Guess what? He's part of the ancient bloodline so HE'S DESTINED TO FIX IT! And the villain who's in power is all so very involved with who his childhood. MIX IT UP PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

The strength of Fable 1 WASN'T THE AMAZING STORYTELLING! It wasn't. The story telling was great. It added to it. The greatest part of Fable 1 was the setting which was the first thing they changed. WHY?

Screw the lore. Screw the universe. Reuse what you can get away with from past games, but don't think that it's more important than atmosphere. If you're going to take something away, replace it with something BETTER! Look at the arena in Fable 1. It was vast, impressive, and you totally OWNED IT! What did Fable 2 have? The crucible. A pile of dirt. No grandeur whatsoever. What did Fable 3 have? Not an arena and not a damn thing that made up for it.

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

i agree to the fullest. Either a prequel to the first, or sequel between fable 1 and 2. Take the technology and graphics from fable 3, and everything epic from the 1st game and improve it. Give us back cool armour and weapons. Give us back crazy ass spells and epic weapons with good augments over the stupid ones that had bad side effects. Give back epic boss battles and monsters. And more heroes. Its boring and lonely to be the only hero. I want real fable back. Hopefully they will take their time, read this forum and see what people want for once

balverene hunter

Reaction score
i think that i dont really care bout the storyline. i mean its important, but i just wanna fight somthing big!!!
like the trolls in fable 1 or bigger like dragons and kraken.
we need more monsters.

casey hinson

casey hinnson
Reaction score
Pt 3

I know I haven't said anything about Aurora yet because, honestly, I forgot about it. only thing interesting there was the Crawler, who didn't make any sense and was totally tacked on anyway. So Aurora can just pop out of existence for all I care. Maybe I'll write something about some main quest that I could squish in earlier on to cover Aurora. But for now I'ma just leave it unless people request that I write something for it.

ANYWAY, back to Fable 4...

Scythe says that the Oracle refused to tell him anything until you arrived, for it wouldn't matter until the Hero knew. they tell you of the sword of Aeons, and Avo's Tear, and that one must be used in order to even stand a chance against Jack. The Sword of Aeons is in the posession of Jack himself, after he was destroyed and banished back into the Shadow world, there was waiting the Sword, after the Hero of Oakvale banished it into the void. He reclaimed the Sword, but had no way of returning to the mortal world. When you triggered the Rebirth and opened the way for him to return, he was reborn as a new, more powerful form of himself, though having only just come into the world, he was in an extremely weakened state, and still at this point in the game has only recovered a small amount of his power. Although he protects the sword with his life, he cannot weild it without having regained his power.

Avo's Tear was entombed with the Hero of Oakvale, in a sprawling undergound temple. Filled with powerful spirits, charged with guarding the Blade with riddles, puzzles, traps, and ghost soldiers.

Here you can decide to either go after The Sword of Aeons, or go after Avo's tear. Not going to go into full detail but you find out where Jack has set up a base, sneak in, steal sword and fight the Knight of Blades again, destroying part of Jack's base, killing the Knight of Blades with the Sword of Aeons, and absorbing his soul into the sword, increasing its power. If you go to the Tomb of the Hero of Oakvale, you eventually make your way through all the puzzles, past all the Ghosts, and find Avo's Tear in the Hands of your ancestor, who is wearing the full Archon Plate Armour from Fable: TLC.

Each piece of Armour grants increased damage with Will powers, and a 25% boost to all experience gained.

Avos' Tear does Extra damage to evil creatures, Regenerates your health by 4% every second while not in combat, and causes evil creatures to explode upon death.
The Sword of Aeons is the opposite, and instead of regenrating while not in combat, it regenerates 2% every second while in combat, and 3% every time you hit a good creature or NPC.

After retrieving Avo's tear, the Knight of Blades and a legion of Minions sent by Jack break through the wall and attack, sent to retrieve Avo's Tear before you did. You defeat and kill the Knight of Blades, banishing his soul to the void, increasing the sword's power. whichever you chose, you end up killing the Knight of Blades and stealing/banishing his soul, you then take the mask with you and place it on the wall in the Guild, leaving room for two more masks...

If you chose the Sword of Aeons, Jack retrieves Avo's tear successfully, corrupting it into a twisted shadow form like his own sword. If you retrieve Avo's tear, Jack will still hold the Sword of Aeons, and use it when he regains his power.

Aurora:

I forgot to talk about Aurora at all in previous posts aside from a few descriptions of the place and the fact that Kraken's attacked the Shoreline after they were enraged by the Rebirth.
I didn't find it all that interesting honestly, first of all I didn't like Fable 3, and will be posting a differences between TLC and 3 soon, you'll see its pretty ridiculous.
And Aurora itself wasn't too interesting to me, there was sand, the Crawler, and a single Auroran city, hardly ANY quests in the entire continent, etc.
I could go on about how much Fable 3 disappointed me, for hours. But back to writing :p

So here we go...

After retrieving the Guild Seal from Samarkand, you get a silver quest to leave for Aurora, and speak with the owner of the mining operation about his workers going missing in the Caves and ruins they are stripping for valuables and oil. You sail into port, seeing massive wreckage of ships, docks, enormous teeth marks, bits of scaly flesh, and people shoveling corpes and Kraken parts into the Sea. The city of Aurora now extends all the way to the Darklight Caves, which are being mined. As you make your way through the poverty stricken slums of the city you notice a tall, black robed man, you catch a glimpse of the side of his face, though not realising it you can make out a white mask , but he promptly disappears before you get a good look at him. you reach the bottom of the steps to Darklight and see a tall man yelling at an Auroran worker. "Just because the city gets attacked by Kraken does NOT mean you get to stop working! chop chop!" He hits the man with the butt of his pistol, the man begs to go into the city to see if his wife is alright after the attack. The man simply smirks, saying "You've probably lost me a whole HEAP of jewels just distracting me with this tosh" He slides the sword from his Bodyguards scabbard, who doesn't flinch. The man then impales the Auroran through the knee and shoots him in the chest, cleaning off the sword and returning it he walks off into the Caverns, yelling at the other works to stop staring and get back to work.

You make your way up the stairs where The Hero of Brightwall was forced to leave Walter Beck at the time they were stranded by the Crawler, the inside of the ruins is filled with slave workers and starving men, you come to the Foreman's office, and instantly notice it is much more lavish than any other part of the continent itself! Filled with artwork, silk, fur rugs, gold, etc.

You enter and begin talking to who is obviously Reaver, though he makes no introduction, he looks much older than he did ever before, shoulder length dark hair, filled with streaks of grey, a well trimmed moustache and goatee line his face. A gold tooth can be seen whenever he smiles, and a scar on his left cheek, where his heart tattoo once was. He says typical evil aligned Reaver things, as over the years he seems to have lost all sense of emotion for other people. "You must be here to sort out my missing workers eh? No need to worry, we've already found someone" Just then a man runs into the room, a messenger "H-he's here Reaver, the man you sent for" "Well don't just stand there! let him in!" "I did sir" "You, let someone, ANYONE into my precious mine without my permission first?" Reaver promptly shoots the man lazily, by pulling the trigger on the gun on his desk, while it was still laying, almost set up to shoot messengers and other bringers of ill news.

For a split second you see the same black robed man from the town walk past the door, and hear a faint, dark chuckle go through your head. Reaver smiles, "Ah, there he is, we're sending him down into the unexplored parts of this little cave. If he is fails, I atleast don't have to pay him. Though on second thought, I will most likely shoot him if he is successful."

You hurriedly run after the robed man, but after turning the corner, you see that he has somehow already made it all the way over to the other side of the chaber, and is speaking to one of the workers outside a dark hallway. You make your way across the room, slightly paranoid of the man, but when you finally arrive you only just catch the sight of him walking into the Darkness as loud, booming laughing rings through your head. Everythng goes silent for a moment, then you hear an unknown voice, which seems to be speaking to everyone. "The Children have come to play... ahahaha..." Glowing eyes begin to show themselves in the dark of the passageway, slowly, black, oozing shadow seeps from the door, flowing across the walls and dripping from the ceiling, the torches lining the walls all go out, and you hear the gnashing of metal, and glowing eyes come from all around you. Eventually you, Reaver and his bodyguards defeat the shadows and Metal statues that had come to life, the torches are re-lit and the shadow subsides from the room, but you can see it leaving out into the city itself. Barrels of oil all across Aurora, that had been mined from that very cave, burst open, shadows possessed by the Crawler oozing out into the city streets, killing and destroying.

Reaver attempts to leave, but the exit to the surface in covered in black ooze the moment the gets close, grabbing his hand and tearing off his glove. You then look to the way further down, as the ooze that was covering in slides to the floor you hear the voice of Jack, and the Crawler at once "Come insiiiide, ahahaha" as you make your way into the unexplored regions of the ruins, slowly you begin to notice the Bodyguard's numbers are dwindling, eventually only you and Reaver are left, as you fight off shadows and living ooze, cutting a path down into the darkness, Reaver is attacked by a giant wall of black slime which envelopes him and chases you deeper and deeper until suddenly disappearing.

You come to a large open hall, the many bodyguards are strung along the walls and celing, attached by shadow and slime. Reaver stands in the middle, Beside Jack of Blades himself, perched upon a throne, the black cloak he used as a disguise strewn over it. Reaver's eyes glow a pale red. His mouth opens, but it is not his voice you hear "The children will feast on your sadness and despair, give in to the darkness, for it fuels my master's power!" You are then attacked by Reaver's many body guards, who have been possessed by the Crawler, as Jack simply watches, chuckling every so often. After you defeat them, Reaver's possessed body attacks you. -Insert boring description of boss battle here- You finally finish him by impaling him in the chest, you see the Crawler leave his body and be banished back to the void, as he regains consciousness, he says one thing before succumbing to death "Finally"

(My theory is that he was sort of like Maze, terrified of death, however welcomed it when it was forced upon him because he realised all the horrible things he had done... or some emotional crap like that)

Jack applauds you, says some final words of taunting, he then calmly stands, and wraps his cloak around himself, but before you can attack him, the cloak falls to the ground, as if there was never anyone underneath it.
so fable the lost chapters was a success but it was because you got bigger stronger bad ass armor and weapons and if you died it was a big deal cause you had to start the quest over .....fable 2 and 3 well they wernt the same people like games like the original fable people likes the medieval Type stuff and fable 2 and 3 well one you look puny I liked becoming huge and stuff fable 2 and 3 it don't matter if you die and the antagonist people well there pathetic..stop waisting your time and money going forward to a dieing franchise you have 2 smart options 1.remake fable the lost chapters the same just better graphics 2.go back in time before fable one people like fable 1 people like skyrim games like that make you idk just feels good playing them we like strong weapons cool armor it doesn't make the game easy if you put strong creatures in it people like hard ,fun ,medieval games and fable 2 and 3 were like a walk in the park.

casey hinson

casey hinnson
Reaction score
Fable the lost chapters was challengeing the first time u played it after that ya because you knew what to do where everything was at but fable 2 and 3 it didn't matter do a couple rolls on the ground and your saved there isn't any real challenge

casey hinson

casey hinnson
Reaction score
I'm saying fable 1 was a lot more challenging than the other 2 fables and a hell of a lot more fun

We are talking about fable not other action role playing games

casey hinson

casey hinnson
Reaction score
It's dieing fable isn't fable anymore and if they keep going in the future it's abandon ship