• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 4 Plot-line

JKJessie.

Reaction score
I read on some website (I can't find the link, so don't bother asking xD) that some of the Fable 4 plotline is as follows;

You find some dock workers who tell you that they're waiting for their boss, and you are left wondering who the boss is. Then Reaver casually strolls in, with long hair and looking older, boasts about being Reaver, does some Reaver stuff, yadda yadda yadda. Then Jack of Blades comes. Posesses Reaver. Reaver attacks you, you kill Reaver and follow Jack of Blades.

Thoughts?

DoomsDayUnicorn

I eat Glitter. What do you eat?
Reaction score
It will be nice to off Reaver. that brainless twit destroyed oakvale... but the Jack of blades? no. he was murdered in the face twice by none other than the hero of oakvale. I dont see that possible.

jordan surma

Reaction score
i think you should be the child of your previous hero and you play as them as a child and teen in the castle at 16 an assassin comes and kills your parents you then spend some time tranning and getting ready to get revenge on your parents killer. becasue he was the head of some big mob / gang you spend time tracking him down you find some of his low ranking officers and you slowly pick them off one by one the each one tells you were to find is supperior officer untill you finally find your parents killer you can either kill him or let him live in exile. depending what you did throught the game you could either be the leader of the gang or crumbled it and destroyed it into nothing.

The Messenger

The Puppeteer of Souls
Reaction score
tl;dr
Although, from what i did read, i heard that before

JKJessie.

Reaction score
He is saying that he's read the plotline somewhere before, I don't understand how you can't get what he's saying?

He's saying from what he's read, he's seen this plot before somewhere.

jordan surma

Reaction score
ok its just that they way he wrote it out made me confused, im going there is no way to say this nicely, but a child with down syndrome would have been able to type "Although, from what i did read, i heard that before" and make it more clear to me

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
He is saying that he's read the plotline somewhere before, I don't understand how you can't get what he's saying?

He's saying from what he's read, he's seen this plot before somewhere.
Why you talking on third person boy?

The Master

Reaction score
i think you should be the child of your previous hero and you play as them as a child and teen in the castle at 16 an assassin comes and kills your parents you then spend some time tranning and getting ready to get revenge on your parents killer. becasue he was the head of some big mob / gang you spend time tracking him down you find some of his low ranking officers and you slowly pick them off one by one the each one tells you were to find is supperior officer untill you finally find your parents killer you can either kill him or let him live in exile. depending what you did throught the game you could either be the leader of the gang or crumbled it and destroyed it into nothing.

Umm so basicly the plot of Fable 2? Except you grew up on the streets and are avenging you're sister there...

jordan surma

Reaction score
wasn't fable 2 about killing the king who killed your sister? this is about taking down a whole organization that planned the murder of your entire family

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
wasn't fable 2 about killing the king who killed your sister? this is about taking down a whole organization that planned the murder of your entire family

Well, firstly, in Fable 2, you kill The Lord of Bowerstone, not the King. During Fable 2, there was no king, as no one controlled the entire of Albion. The Hero from Fable 2 became king/queen after buying every single bit of property in Albion (remember, there was an achivement called "Ruler of Albion" or something similar).

Also, taking down an entire organization is essentially the same as killing a lunatic lord: They're both powerful.

Lionhead have already clearly shown what Fable 4 was about in Fable 3's Traitor's Keep dlc. There will be a group of people who want democracy and will rebel against you, the King/Queen. There is still that chance of Jack of Blades appearing, but I wouldn't count on it.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Daniel Ray, we discussed the possible plot-line on another thread. How would the attempt for democracy fit into growing threat of the void and the king of blades? There is no doubting that that is where the story is heading.
Also, another quick question; did the spire end a morally currupt world or did it destroy "The Curruption"? I just re-completed Fable 2 and the cutscene of the spire granting the first wish looks like "the darkness" from Fable3.. The city looked tainted. Call me stupid but it's just a thought.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Daniel Ray, we discussed the possible plot-line on another thread. How would the attempt for democracy fit into growing threat of the void and the king of blades? There is no doubting that that is where the story is heading.
Also, another quick question; did the spire end a morally currupt world or did it destroy "The Curruption"? I just re-completed Fable 2 and the cutscene of the spire granting the first wish looks like "the darkness" from Fable3.. The city looked tainted. Call me stupid but it's just a thought.

I thought about the democracy thing long before I came out with that theory on the King. So, I'm taking back what I said about Traitor's Keep.

In the lore, the Spire ended a morally corrupted world, but then, this lore was possibly written by the few survivors who might not have understood exactly what happened. It happens in our history and can very well happen in a game's history. Possibly, these survivors perceived the Corruption as just the normal corruption in humans.

Hmmm... I just got another thought. They said that The Sword was the cause of the corruption that spread through Archon William and the land. Maybe, the Corruption appeared for the first time about the same time as the Sword, and people thought that the Sword cause this "darkness".

Yet another thought (I'm suddenly getting a lot of these). We were talking about the King of Blades possibly being still in the Void. And as far as I know, the general lore said The Hero of Oakvale threw the Sword into the Void. Does that mean the King has the Sword now? It might explain why the Corruption appears again in Albion, but doesn't explain why it took them such a long time to go from Aurora to Albion.

Maybe, the people fighting for democracy as mentioned by me in my earlier post may still happen, but is completely interrupted by the return of the Court. A small sub-plot that can act as a "Act 1" of the game, like Fable 3's Act 1 where you gain allies to take the throne.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
All very good ideas.
But has anyone noticed the resemblance of the minions in fable 1 and the wasp-like-possessed statues found in Aurora? And has anyone found a resemblance between Jack Of Blades and The Sentinels (and also the sand furies) in Aurora? Were the Void once worshiped there or something? Is that why The Crawler and The Darkness were first encountered in that temple?

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Theresa has spent 550 years getting things ready.
-Building the spire (By helping Lord Lucien)
-Taking control of the spire (By using the hero)
-Uniting Albion (By using the hero)
-Putting a hero on the throne (By using the hero)
She has shaped Albion and is clearly preparing it for something in the future. She is up to something :shifty:

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
I thought about the democracy thing long before I came out with that theory on the King. So, I'm taking back what I said about Traitor's Keep.

In the lore, the Spire ended a morally corrupted world, but then, this lore was possibly written by the few survivors who might not have understood exactly what happened. It happens in our history and can very well happen in a game's history. Possibly, these survivors perceived the Corruption as just the normal corruption in humans.

Hmmm... I just got another thought. They said that The Sword was the cause of the corruption that spread through Archon William and the land. Maybe, the Corruption appeared for the first time about the same time as the Sword, and people thought that the Sword cause this "darkness".

Yet another thought (I'm suddenly getting a lot of these). We were talking about the King of Blades possibly being still in the Void. And as far as I know, the general lore said The Hero of Oakvale threw the Sword into the Void. Does that mean the King has the Sword now? It might explain why the Corruption appears again in Albion, but doesn't explain why it took them such a long time to go from Aurora to Albion.

Maybe, the people fighting for democracy as mentioned by me in my earlier post may still happen, but is completely interrupted by the return of the Court. A small sub-plot that can act as a "Act 1" of the game, like Fable 3's Act 1 where you gain allies to take the throne.

The Sword is in the void and it is (along with Avo's Tear) the most powerful and most significant weapon in the game's mythology, so why shouldn't it be in later Fable games, especially one with antagonists from The Void?
Just one thing I wondered if you could answer.. How did the damn Sword Of Aeons speak to William Black? It asked for his soul in exchange for the liberation of Albion (like a deal with a demon). If you look at the sword, it has something resembling a Guild Seal. Seals can be used for communication purposes and last I checked, there are no swords with the ability of speech. Who did he make a deal with? :wat:

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
How did the damn Sword Of Aeons speak to William Black? It asked for his soul in exchange for the liberation of Albion (like a deal with a demon). If you look at the sword, it has something resembling a Guild Seal. Seals can be used for communication purposes and last I checked, there are no swords with the ability of speech. Who did he make a deal with? :wat:

That is a really good point there. The King, maybe?

WittyUsername

Reaction score
She has shaped Albion and is clearly preparing it for something in the future. She is up to something :shifty:
Boy I hope so. Maybe trying to make it reflect the Old Kingdom? If so, then I just hope all hell breaks loose. Like, lots of new creatures crawling out of the void. Maybe even other members of the Court of Blades (or same few if they can pull it off).