• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 4 Story Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peteballa

Reaction score
I just came up with an idea of what to base the story of Fable 4 around.

Here is the general outline of it; It is a prequel to Fable 1. Jack of Blades, Scarlet Robe, all of these will be characters in this story... Out of all of the "feels" of the Fables, the first one felt the best because it was like a fairytale, based around folklore. It was great, and it drew me in 100 times better than any of the other Fables, especially this recent third one... Yuck.

TL;DR - Fable 4 as a prequel to the original Fable. Bring back Greatswords, Bows, Crossbows, NO GUNS, keep the current combat system except make it a bit more complex and harder. Make the story an actual "Fable", similar to how the first Fable was. Give it the feel of folklore, fairytales, whatever you want to call it.

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
Ok, so..
Prepare for some haters man, this story you've come up with is actually very, very... very common here. It's not a bad idea, but a quick search in the "Search bar" will tell you that there are plenty of people who would love or absolutely hate your idea. Basically you're never going to want to bring old characters back that have already died.. it's just not fun knowing the end of everything. I think Fable should just add more magic and less "Revolution"... it's not a Fable anymore, it's a war game... So yeah, I doubt that the prequal idea will ever come into fruition, but if it does it wouldnt involve the Hero of Oakvale in any way, that would pretty much destroy the little canon content that can exist involving your hero, in fact, the only thing that carries over from game to game is your gender.. pathetic I know.
BUT if they do in fact make a prequal, I think playing as Scythe/William Black would be cool, his past is never explicitly stated, nor do we know what he looks like. All we really know is he was the archon and is now a zombie.
OR it would be pretty cool to have it be set during the fall of the guild, maybe you need to save some hero's to keep the knowledge of Will alive, and that it's only because you and Theresa that the world was saved.. then you could just kind of live in hiding or revolting, or try to convince the people of albion your good.. etc.. anyways, good luck with your thread. lol

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score
and bring back the magic. make it awesomer. make like a flaming beserk spell where you are in beserk but you also are set ablaze on the feet and hands. and make the fire burn forests, trees, people. i want to be able to cast fire and burn the landscape down to a flat plain and build towns

Reaction score
If Lionhead does do this (don't mean to be pessimistic, but I doubt they will), I hope they don't call it Fable IV.
Fable -1 makes more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.