• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable Beta?

fabledskvm

Reaction score
Hello everyone! We all know that the development name for the first Fable was Project Ego, but apparently the first game was going to be really different, even when compared to the already known beta versions. It was going to be called Wishworld and apparently is the first known version of the game. Here's a video for proof. What does everyone think about this?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I was watching this earlier and a couple of Lionhead employees were commenting on it. Pretty interesting seeing how the concept changed over time.

Reactions: lee

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
Thank you Fabledskvm for the footage, I had noticed it floating about yesterday. The whole Wishworld thing is fascinating and up until a few months ago all we really had was a few screenshots. I do love how the whole thing still has that Fable look and feel though.

Naxatato

Obsidian
Reaction score
Awesome stuff, I think most modders know but I'll point out that a few of the Wishworld/Project Ego textures and models still exist in Fable: TLC. The main player, a few villager textures including a couple Victorian looking chaps and a sheep. Few of the old models are left though, only the original chicken is intact, with animations and everything still there.

Last edited:
Reactions: lee

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
Yes the odd looking sheep and the old looking textures were found many years ago. It’s on FableTLCmods.com. There are some amazing content dug deep into files. What interests me most is the 12 Quest Cards for the cut quests that were dropped presumably because of Lionhead running out of time. I find it fascinating that all this Wishworld content has no came out because before it was hard to differentiate between it and Project Ego. Thanks for the Thread, I’m glad that some of it is on here now and for everybody to easily view.