• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable desperately needs more Multi-Culturalism

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimWhim

Reaction score
Re: Fable desperately needs more Multi-Culturalism

No. **** multiculturalism.

Call me racist but nothing good comes from having dark skinned anythings in a game.

Why? Those people ALWAYS find something to complain about.

For example, they had to change Resident Evil 5 because Chris (the main character who happens to be Caucasian) was running around in Africa killing Africans who, well, happen to be black. So then they threw some Middle Easterners in there to appease the "masses" so they'd stop whining about the game containing "racist" elements.

Morons ruin everything and the majority of them tend to be the minority.

Again, I realize it all sounds racist but how can it not?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

It's just a shame people focus on race or sexuality or sexism in games and not on the gameplay itself. I personally couldn't care less if my zombies are purple and my Heroes are part cheese - so long as I can play the game and enjoy it, who gives a crap? It's supposed to be escapism; fun and fiction away from reality.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Angel;424188 said:
It's just a shame people focus on race or sexuality or sexism in games and not on the gameplay itself. I personally couldn't care less if my zombies are purple and my Heroes are part cheese - so long as I can play the game and enjoy it, who gives a crap? It's supposed to be escapism; fun and fiction away from reality.

Why do that? After all, we don't want fun. We want to complain about everything, especially the minute details.

I'm beginning to wonder if the people who complain about the so called "racism" in some of these games even play the game(s).

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

They are most likely the same people who say dumb stuff like:

"I don't believe in using violence for entertainment" - then they go and watch TV where you can barely avoid violence for entertainment in one form or another.

People who complain about legitimately good games (let's face it, there are some crap ones out there) are people who never play them, see only the bad bits, such as they are, read Wikipedia for their information about the game and buy into all the "save our children from evil games!!!111one" hype chucked about in middle-class, scare-mongering periodicals. Written by morons.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Angel;424200 said:
They are most likely the same people who say dumb stuff like:

"I don't believe in using violence for entertainment" - then they go and watch TV where you can barely avoid violence for entertainment in one form or another.

People who complain about legitimately good games (let's face it, there are some crap ones out there) are people who never play them, see only the bad bits, such as they are, read Wikipedia for their information about the game and buy into all the "save our children from evil games!!!111one" hype chucked about in middle-class, scare-mongering periodicals. Written by morons.

It's actually funny what double standards black folk use. A white guy hits a black guy and he's a racist son-of-a-pig committing a hate crime but if it happens the other way around, he's just defending himself.

And then yes, there are those who do that and it's those god damn ignorant soccer moms who have absolutely no clue about anything and buy games that are rated M or Teen for their kids who are barely 10 years old.

Then, when the **** storm comes in, they start pointing fingers at everyone but themselves. Because I mean, how could they EVER possibly be a bad parent? Ugh.

That's what the world is suffering from right now.

Bad parenting and ignorance.

I think they happen to be related.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Parents are idiots. I've had conversations with mothers at my son's toddler group where they are letting their 7 year old sons play Bioshock and think it's about as hardcore as the sims. When I told them what the game actually involved, they started pointing fingers at everyone but themselves. "The shop shouldn't have sold it to me if it was like that!" Er, scuse me love but why would a shop NOT sell a game to someone WELL over the age of 18? You should be checking what your kids are playing because it's your responsibility.

But I digress - this is a thread about multi-culturalism in games which I think we've ascertained is a total waste of time.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Indeed. Those stores aren't obligated to ask whether you're getting the game for your child or not and, as a parent, you should realize precisely what you're getting into. They don't seem to understand that it takes less than five minutes to ask the clerk what the game is about OR better yet, look on the back of the ****in' game.

Yes, yes it is. You can't please everyone all of the time and hell, you can't even please some of the people some of the time. Someone always has a complaint.

Prince Louis

Incredibly Handsome Master of All Villainy
Reaction score

how about something like Cannibal Maori's!? You know, awaiting you on some creepy ass beach, holding up the skin of their victims!, throwing their spears and clubs at you. They are fricken vicious!

Reaction score
GrimWhim;424182 said:

Call me racist but nothing good comes from having dark skinned anythings in a game.

For example, they had to change Resident Evil 5 because Chris (the main character who happens to be Caucasian) was running around in Africa killing Africans who, well, happen to be black. So then they threw some Middle Easterners in there to appease the "masses" so they'd stop whining about the game containing "racist" elements.

Again, I realize it all sounds racist but how can it not?

Yes I agree there seems top be alot of IGNORANCE about these days.

GrimWhim;424182 said:

I can really see your point about IGNORANCE.

Cain

Reaction score

Prince Louis;424295 said:
how about something like Cannibal Maori's!? You know, awaiting you on some creepy ass beach, holding up the skin of their victims!, throwing their spears and clubs at you. They are fricken vicious!

no.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

nevthe102;424381 said:

Unless your going to provide some evidence to the contrary, dont get an attitude twards people with a logical argument.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

nevthe102;424381 said:

Fenrir;424507 said:
Unless your going to provide some evidence to the contrary, dont get an attitude twards people with a logical argument.

Fenrir said it perfectly.

Reaction score

Fenrir;424507 said:

On the contrary to what the fact that GrimWhim said nothing but racist remarks, and then followed on to say that he hates ignorance. So I don't want to waste my time with people like him.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Actually, he only said one or two things that could be construed as racist. The rest was concerning political correctness and stupid parents.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

nevthe102;424536 said:
On the contrary to what the fact that GrimWhim said nothing but racist remarks, and then followed on to say that he hates ignorance. So I don't want to waste my time with people like him.

Racism =/= ignorance.

If you believe that you're as ignorant as you're claiming me to be.

Reaction score

GrimWhim;424540 said:
Racism =/= ignorance.

If you believe that you're as ignorant as you're claiming me to be.

What??

GrimWhim

Reaction score

nevthe102;424546 said:

This is the part where I facepalm so hard I give myself brain damage.

Reaction score

It might make the world a better place if you did

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Aaaaaaaand this is where we'll leave things before someone says something they'll regret.

Let's not get personal in threads please - it really is uncalled for.

Status
Not open for further replies.