• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable II Challenge List

MarkGuilt

Chicken Chasin' Gun Slinger.
Reaction score
For those who say Fable II is Easy, or just want a challenge, try these or a combination of them:

Harder Combat
Play the game only using a Level 1 Shock Spell, your Starting Sword, and Starting Crossbows.
-Combat will get WAY tougher as time goes on and will prove to be mega-difficult.
Play the game without leveling up in anything (save the one spell you MUST level up to activate the Cullis Gate).
-This will make Combat difficult to.
Play the game with no potions and/or resurrection phials and/or food items.

-Makes staying alive more difficult, and will also cause you to block more and take less damage.

Rags to Riches Rags
Play the game without investing in business, and do not rent homes.
-This takes away the ease of gaining money, and FORCES you to use the Job System.

Longevity
Play the game while completing EVERY side-quest as soon as it comes out before advancing onto Core Quests.
-Makes the game much longer and thus more enjoyable.

Anyone have anymore? I can add to it.

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
I included it in a melee combat guide that I wrote years ago (around when Fable 2 had been out for a few months) but I'll add it to your list.

Reversing a Highwayman
Highwaymen must be reversed twice in succession. If you miss the second you'll have to start over again. Their strikes are quick and difficult to anticipate, so it can be about luck or about skill depending on how good you are at reading the behaviors of enemies. Your best clue that a Highwayman is about to lunge at you for an attack is that he'll twirl his sword above his head.

If you reverse a highwayman once, you'll lock swords with him and then push him backwards. He'll then pause for a moment before leaping at you with an overhand vertical slash. Reverse this attack and you'll spin him around, leaving him open for the finisher.