• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III Q&A with The Tyrant Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
So I've got 2 hours (IRL) to kill until the guys at Brightwall forgive me, so I'll do this now.

Today I got my copy of Fable III, and even thought I haven't advanced that much into the story, I'll be happy to resolve your doubts (mainly gameplay, no spoilers here).

QUICK FACTS:
LCE
Controller Tattos
Shardbone Sword
Day 1 (-2) DLC

Ask away!

Reaction score
What size are the regions compared to fable 2? And how much secrets, demon doors etc are there?

Mr.Natas

Sdrawkcab eman ym lleps
Reaction score
Can you buy "blank" weapons or are you stuck with the ones they gave you at the begining?

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score
Well I'm just wondering how the framerate is (on the account of rumors that it sucks during cutscenes).

Yoruichi

Premium
Reaction score
Just a random question -- did it FEEL different with how to control your weapons, magic, etc?

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
What size are the regions compared to fable 2? And how much secrets, demon doors etc are there?
Each region is about the size of Bower Lake, from FII
Can you buy "blank" weapons or are you stuck with the ones they gave you at the begining?
No ATM, but I doubt that'll be an option. Pistols are invisible once again BTW.
Well I'm just wondering how the framerate is (on the account of rumors that it sucks during cutscenes).
Meh. There's the real awesome cutscenes that are perfect and there's the "gameplayesque" ones that are, well, the gameplay graphiced.
Just a random question -- did it FEEL different with how to control your weapons, magic, etc?
Pistols and Rifles feel more like FI to me now, probably because you aim with LT again. Melee is a bit slow, but that might just be that it's early in the game. Magic is exactly the same...

Hhate

Black Dagger Brother
Reaction score
Does the Shardborne sword have some good bonuses? and what do you mean by the pistols being invisible?

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Have you enjoyed your experience thus far? How would you say the introductory section of Fable 3 compares to Fable 2's Sparrow childhood sequence? Better? Worse? :)

SaintofAlbion

Warrior Saint
Reaction score
Now finally a decent thread to look over. Tell me, does the spell system really work like this; The spell gauntlet you most use upgrade as you use it, and, there is no charging for spells, based on its level, its automatically displayed at maximum area of effect, with highest damage?

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score
Does the Shardborne sword have some good bonuses? and what do you mean by the pistols being invisible?
While I don't know about the Shardborne, I know the he means pistols are invisible as in they cannot be seen on your person when they aren't drawn

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
I love you.

Anyway, I have a few questions.

I LOVE Skill, LOVE Guns, LOVE Ranged Combat.

So are Guns in the game implemented different than Fable II?

Can you explain everything you know about the Guns in Fable III?

What weapon morphs (melee/ranged) have you encountered in the game?

Hhate

Black Dagger Brother
Reaction score
While I don't know about the Shardborne, I know the he means pistols are invisible as in they cannot be seen on your person when they aren't drawn

ah duh that should have registered more quickly sorry for that stupid question

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Actually, I have had no access whatsoever to ANY bonus material. Seems kinda weird...
Have you enjoyed your experience thus far? How would you say the introductory section of Fable 3 compares to Fable 2's Sparrow childhood sequence? Better? Worse? :)
It's pretty neat, the world feels more "alive". As for the sequence, it all happens too quickly IMO, I mean, you wake up a perfectly normal day and in midnight you're already escaping!
Now finally a decent thread to look over. Tell me, does the spell system really work like this; The spell gauntlet you most use upgrade as you use it, and, there is no charging for spells, based on its level, its automatically displayed at maximum area of effect, with highest damage?
I only have 2 spells right now, shock and inferno, so I really can't tell. You do charge and it becomes more powerful tho.
I love you.

Anyway, I have a few questions.

I LOVE Skill, LOVE Guns, LOVE Ranged Combat.

So are Guns in the game implemented different than Fable II?

Can you explain everything you know about the Guns in Fable III?

What weapon morphs (melee/ranged) have you encountered in the game?
Yes! You now aim with the LT, while keeping the Y button down gives the gun a flouris, like it's mellee counterpart.
I know they're there, I only have the starting rifle and pistol.
Only one, when you choose an upgrade in the road to rule, your weapons start glowing gylphs a bit depending on your alignment (my guns and sword are red)

Langston

Reaction score
One thing that always bugged me is the way people got scared when you draw your weapon, even if you were trying to save them. Is this still true?

Twilight

Reaction score
How are the load times compared to Fable II?

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
One thing that always bugged me is the way people got scared when you draw your weapon, even if you were trying to save them. Is this still true?
No, and I'm fully evil and they're not running or screaming!
How are the load times compared to Fable II?
And how far in between are load times?
No more than 20 seconds each.
The same as Fable 2, eaqch time you enter a different region/cave.

Langston

Reaction score
Does the interactions with the villagers feel more real. Like do you actually feel like your interacting instead of just performing?

Hhate

Black Dagger Brother
Reaction score
Now it's been said that there are no health bars in this one so how do you know when to potion and are there resurection phlails in this one?

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Does the interactions with the villagers feel more real. Like do you actually feel like your interacting instead of just performing?
No. I was dissapointed with Touch, I mean, all the interactions are the same as expressions with a little, well, touching thrown in. There are even some where you don't touch people.
Now it's been said that there are no health bars in this one so how do you know when to potion and are there resurection phlails in this one?
They are shown in the d-pad (along with Slow Time and Summon potions) when you're low on health and in a fight. I've yet to use a potion, considering your health replenishes after some time. Take that Guildmaster!

Just tried the Pie Making and Lute Hero jobs, they're really fun! Only problem is that you can't get a promotion until you open a chest in the RtR.
Oh and Community Services are no longer "quests" they're actual jobs. Which is rather annoying when you owe 15,000 and each pie you make gives you 6 gold coins, with the maximum multiplier being 10...

Status
Not open for further replies.