• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable IV - E3 2019 teaser

Hobbilis

Reaction score
Hey all!
It's been a while (as is tradition now) but here we are again with some interesting info regarding upcoming Fable.

Someone claiming insider knowledge made a thread on neogaf claiming there will be lots of interesting things happening on this year E3 show.

This is what's interesting for us:

Fable - This is nothing new or real secret at this point. Honestly, worst kept secret, this was leaked back in end of 2017/early 2018 on Eurogamer if I am not mistaken. It was said that Playgrounds is working on a Open World game and then later speculated that it was Fable. However, it was not confirmed if it was 100% Fable but rather just Open World RPG. Some people are hoping that it is not Fable and a brand new open world RPG IP and of course the Fable fans do want it to be Fable.

However, I can now confirm that it is indeed a Fable game. Some speculate it's actually Fable IV, but the reality is that it's a new beginning for the Fable franchise. This game started development in late 2017 and has been in development now for little over 2 years now. It is a next-gen game ONLY and you will most likely NOT see it until 2021 at retail at the earliest. You will see a glimpse of a small teaser trailer most likely at this year's E3 and in 2020 you will see much more of the game.

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
If there are any truth to all those rumours then this will be massive and I would definitely prefer something fresh and a new reboot at this point. Keep Albion, it’s humour, Good vs Evil choices please. E3 shall be interesting.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Hopefully we do get more concrete info at E3 as it’s been too long without any legitimate released information.

Hiroz41

Reaction score
yeah can't wait to see it I feel you. I am waiting for this and cyberpunk 2077

Reactions: lee

Shevron

Old Member
Reaction score
Fable 4 missing from Xbox E3 2019 as Project Scarlett steals the show

Despite the leaks that suggested we would get a teaser at this year's E3 there has been no announcement on the next installment in the Fable franchise, what gives? Is it possible the leaks were fake? It seems like too much effort to troll the dwindling fan-base of an obscure game. But I so wanted them to be true!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Despite the leaks that suggested we would get a teaser at this year's E3 there has been no announcement on the next installment in the Fable franchise, what gives? Is it possible the leaks were fake? It seems like too much effort to troll the dwindling fan-base of an obscure game. But I so wanted them to be true!

Some of the leaks of concepts may be real but I heard there was never any plans to show actually new Fable at E3 as its too early in development.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Absolutely gutted it didn't show up. It was reported the show was going to be a full 2 hours before it streamed. When they were finished talking about Scarlett and did the game montage, there was a good 20 minutes left on the clock. I thought they were gonna do like they did last year with Cyberpunk and Phil comes back onstage and says "Thank you for joining us today and.... but wait a minute..." NOPE. Nothin. Stream ends. Over. Zilch. Thanks for watching.

Jesus. There's always next year and the idea of it being a launch title could be nice at least.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Absolutely gutted it didn't show up. It was reported the show was going to be a full 2 hours before it streamed. When they were finished talking about Scarlett and did the game montage, there was a good 20 minutes left on the clock. I thought they were gonna do like they did last year with Cyberpunk and Phil comes back onstage and says "Thank you for joining us today and.... but wait a minute..." NOPE. Nothin. Stream ends. Over. Zilch. Thanks for watching.

Jesus. There's always next year and the idea of it being a launch title could be nice at least.

The big Xbox interview - Project Scarlett, cross-gen Halo Infinite and the lack of Fable

I get it, you have a big console to market next year and you have to come out then swinging. But I know a lot of Fable fans today who were hoping for a little something...

Matt Booty: [Laughs] Like I said... a lot of great stuff waiting in the wings for next year. Hope to have you back in a year.​