• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable Legends Q&A

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
I've been spending a lot of time on the Lionhead forums and am in the beta. I can answer questions about Fable Legends that are in the public domain. Feel free to ask them here :D

I'll start with what was posted on Lionhead's site
https://www.fablelegends.com/faq

WHAT IS THE SETTING FOR “FABLE LEGENDS”?
Fable Legends welcomes you back to the fantastic land of Albion, home to the previous Fable games. Lived out in an eternal “once upon a time”, Albion is a fairy tale world where history, legend, and folklore are practically the same thing. So it’s no surprise that millions of players have visited and adored its welcoming countryside. Albion is a place full of action, humour, and opportunity. Of course you’ll find monsters, villains, and even the occasional disaster, but you shouldn’t take any of it too seriously. Albion is a land of fun and light-hearted adventure for you to lose yourself in. Enjoy the shining green fields, the silly accents and the occasional proposition from an “attractive” villager.

CAN I PLAY FABLE LEGENDS AS A MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE?
Yes. You can play with other people in a four-player cooperative experience. Your party could be all human players, or a mix of players and AI-controlled Heroes. You can switch easily between single player and multiplayer styles of play whenever you decide, or when a friend signs on. During a quest, you can elect to battle a human or an AI Villain. As a Villain, you can challenge parties of human players, AI opponents, or mixed groups. After all, as a mastermind of evil, you’re ready to swat aside any adversaries.

CAN I PLAY FABLE LEGENDS AS A SINGLE PLAYER EXPERIENCE?
Yes. In Fable Legends, you can enjoy all of the game’s content in a single player experience.

WHO IS THE HERO IN FABLE LEGENDS?
That’s for you to choose. Fable Legends takes you back to a time when Albion was teeming with Heroes, so there’s bound to be one for you. Fearless warriors. Cunning tricksters. Masters of Will. Paragons of virtue. Heartless mercenaries. Intoxicated brawlers. Chicken chasers. They’re all here, and many more besides.

When Albion is only just learning what a Hero can be, no would-be Hero can stand alone. It is important to consider the mix of Heroes you take with you on your next quest. Do you recruit the dashing swordsman? If you like your swordplay elegant and lightly powdered, you’ll have no trouble finding your prince charming. But if you’re more man-o-war than manicure, you’ll find grizzled archers and lone wolves forced to adapt to life with the pack. Of course, in this period of Albion’s history there is an abundance of magic. Some Heroes manipulate the world using the power of Will to make Albion a better place (or just fancy setting part of it on fire). You could round off your group with a stalwart defender, ready to lead from the front and better things into the ground. Heroes like these represent a small sample of what Albion has to offer you. Whichever Heroes you choose to bring along on your adventurer, you’ll need to work together and fight hard if you want to create a Legend.

HOW DO I PLAY AS A VILLAIN?
Playing as a Villain in Fable Legends combines elements of strategic decision making and tactical control. When those pitiful Heroes enter an area, you’ll get to choose which minions will be sent into battle and where to place these creatures to maximise their effectiveness. Once the fight begins, you can issue orders for your creatures to execute: telling them where to go, which Hero to attack, and which abilities to use to ensure your evil plans come to fruition.

WHEN IS FABLE LEGENDS GOING TO BE RELEASED?
We are happy to be able to announce that the game is in development, but we aren’t yet able to announce when Fable Legends will be available. The development team is hard at work building characters, creatures, quests, and everything we need to bring Albion back to life. Our multi player beta will be arriving in the Fall, so be sure to sign up at www.fablelegends.com.

WHAT PLATFORMS WILL FABLE LEGENDS BE AVAILABLE ON?
Fable Legends will release on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Out of 1-5 How would you rate your experience in the beta so far?

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
I've really loved the experience of being in the beta so far! I've never done a beta like this. Most have been sort of a pre-release trial. It's fun being part of the development process. The devs have been fantastic! They really care what we have to say.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Always nice to feel that your experience could actually help with the development of a game and that you almost feel you are helping to craft the game.

bluetain

Reaction score
Hey thank you so much for creating this thread Albion Knight, I am sure many poster's here have a number of questions about Legend's for you, mine are,
A: Does Legends feel like a Fable title?
B: Can you interact with npc's as in other fable title's?
C: Can you choose a random character and develop them in a way of your choosing, or are you limited to the four hero's and one villan?
D: How does fable lore fit into the Legend's experience, and does it expand on the fable universe?
Finally E: :) How does the loot/treasures come in to play in the game? Are we treated to Legendary weapons for example, or are weapons based on a Fable 3 morphing based system?
Again thanks for a great thread and I look forward to hearing your thoughts :)

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Hey thank you so much for creating this thread Albion Knight, I am sure many poster's here have a number of questions about Legend's for you, mine are,
A: Does Legends feel like a Fable title?
B: Can you interact with npc's as in other fable title's?
C: Can you choose a random character and develop them in a way of your choosing, or are you limited to the four hero's and one villan?
D: How does fable lore fit into the Legend's experience, and does it expand on the fable universe?
Finally E: :) How does the loot/treasures come in to play in the game? Are we treated to Legendary weapons for example, or are weapons based on a Fable 3 morphing based system?
Again thanks for a great thread and I look forward to hearing your thoughts :)
Hey Bluetain, Great questions. Let's see if I can answer them :p
A: From what I've seen I'd say yes. Fable Legends is a 4v1 game. The 4 being the heroes and the 1 being the Villain controlling the creatures through commands so that part is very different. All the other Fables have been 1 vs the game with some multiplayer added on. Fable Legends is built on multiplayer but still has a single player mode.
B: From the videos I've seen the answer to that is yes but I don't have any details yet. I heard David Eckelberry say as much.
C: There are pre-made characters that you can choose and will be able to customize. No details on how much customization have been released. It's said that there will be 12 Heroes to choose from at launch. I think 9 have been announced. https://www.fablelegends.com/characters
D: So Fable Legends will be set before the original Fable by about 400-500 years but after the time of the old kingdom. Lionhead has said that they will be putting in a good bit of lore (my words). They have said that there are inhabitants of Albion that have lived a really long time. Theresa of course was born after the time of this game so she won't be in it. That leaves open the door for William Black, Nostros, Jack of Blades as well as others but Lionhead hasn't said anything specific.
E: Lionhead has said that there will be loot but no details have been release yet. I'm going to guess that there will be legendary weapons but not sure what that will mean being multiplayer. How many Skorm's Bows can you have in one game? lol

bluetain

Reaction score
Hey Bluetain, Great questions. Let's see if I can answer them :p
A: From what I've seen I'd say yes. Fable Legends is a 4v1 game. The 4 being the heroes and the 1 being the Villain controlling the creatures through commands so that part is very different. All the other Fables have been 1 vs the game with some multiplayer added on. Fable Legends is built on multiplayer but still has a single player mode.
B: From the videos I've seen the answer to that is yes but I don't have any details yet. I heard David Eckelberry say as much.
C: There are pre-made characters that you can choose and will be able to customize. No details on how much customization have been released. It's said that there will be 12 Heroes to choose from at launch. I think 9 have been announced. https://www.fablelegends.com/characters
D: So Fable Legends will be set before the original Fable by about 400-500 years but after the time of the old kingdom. Lionhead has said that they will be putting in a good bit of lore (my words). They have said that there are inhabitants of Albion that have lived a really long time. Theresa of course was born after the time of this game so she won't be in it. That leaves open the door for William Black, Nostros, Jack of Blades as well as others but Lionhead hasn't said anything specific.
E: Lionhead has said that there will be loot but no details have been release yet. I'm going to guess that there will be legendary weapons but not sure what that will mean being multiplayer. How many Skorm's Bows can you have in one game? lol
Thank you for the feedback Albion Knight, I am starting to warm up to the idea of Legends, I do enjoy online co op games, in particular Black ops Zombies, It will be interesting to see the various maps and discover different tactics and strategies in the game, I have to ask though, do you see the game becoming repetitive, or is it vary competitive and varied?? Again thanks for the feedback, and answers to my questions :)

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Todd, glad to hear it's shaping up well so far. Was there any mention or signs of local co-op play for Legends like in Fable 2 & 3? :(

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
The Local Co-op question is one they get asked a lot from what I hear. Right now it's one person per console/pc but in Lionhead tradition "Never say never" I'm thinking of making sure that my PC is all set and playing that way with my daughter on one and me on the other. I've heard that PC won't require an Xbox Live Gold account.