• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable & The Elder Scrolls meets the Sims?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Fable & The Elder Scrolls meets the Sims?

Well, that's what I get when looking at this, EA has unveiled a new Sims series that will take place in medieval times complete with kingdoms, quests, magic, and new gameplay. The game will be releasing in the Spring of 2011 for Mac & PC.

The Sims Medieval.com
----------------------------
tsm_logo2.png

----------------------------

The Sims Medieval is a new series that places the popular simulated characters from The SimsTM into the Middle Ages. For the first time, players can create heroes, venture on quests, build and control a kingdom, and play every Hero Sim in the land.

The destiny of the kingdom rests in the players’ hands. Will players build up their kingdom through internal expansion, or perhaps look for a more imperial type of domination? Will they take on quests in pursuit of fame, or focus on the health and wellbeing of their people? With the start of every new game, players will be able to select a new ambition for their kingdom, and embark on a new set of stories.

Everything in The Sims Medieval is crafted to create an immersive medieval world, from the quest-based gameplay, to the medieval objects such as swords and stocks and thrones, right down to the warm look of the characters, and the painterly approach to the world itself.

Players can choose to customize every new Hero that comes to the kingdom, including selecting their traits and their fatal flaw. Players get close to their characters, not only sending them on epic quests, but also making sure they carry out their daily responsibilities such as healing the sick, trading for exotic goods, or forging armor.

Click Thumbnails for Full-Size

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable & The Elder Scrolls meets the Sims?

Woahhhhh, thats a smack in the face.

I suppose I'd actually enjoy it more, because even though I buy near every sim game I never know what the hell to do with the sim..........

This looks interesting, I'll be looking out for this one, cheers Gikoku.

Relinquished Reality

Mutilation for Cats!
Reaction score

wait? So this is not an expansion? It is just a whole game?
Weird. The Sims Makin Magic was my favorite expansion for the first sims games, but this seems very interesting. Guess it is just another game my body is making me buy.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Interesting, about time they modified The Sims formula as there was so much more potential for it other than what had been created in previous games. Then after a million expansions everyone got bored of the same old thing. This is looking rather intriguing.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I would buy it, assuming it was standalone.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Firis;412498 said:
I would buy it, assuming it was standalone.

I believe this title will be as its a totally new series but no doubt there will be countless expansions when its released to follow this one.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Yeah, this game will be a new standalone title, likely with it's own set of expansion packs as well. Very much looking forward to it myself as the series could definitely use some freshening up.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

this looks like the textbook new thing where all the old sims fans go "OOHHH NOOO THIS WILL RUIN OUR GAEM :O"

and then it comes out and it's the best one yet and all of a sudden it becomes

"WAT I NEVER SAID THAT GTFO NOOB"

looks cool, +rep

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

looks awesome i might need to get this, along with a computer that can play it :( :p

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

This looks quite cool.

So, how many expansion packs this one will get?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I. Want. This.

Stupid laptop...can't even run the original Double Deluxe...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;412591 said:
this looks like the textbook new thing where all the old sims fans go "OOHHH NOOO THIS WILL RUIN OUR GAEM :O"

and then it comes out and it's the best one yet and all of a sudden it becomes

"WAT I NEVER SAID THAT GTFO NOOB"

looks cool, +rep

Yet everyone whos commented in this thread has liked the idea and people who had no interest in The Sims had interest again (me included). Plus old Sims fans have about a million expansions, its time for something new.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;412815 said:
Yet everyone whos commented in this thread has liked the idea and people who had no interest in The Sims had interest again (me included). Plus old Sims fans have about a million expansions, its time for something new.
i've found people here to be above the dumber side of the gaming crowd. but point noted, i might be wrong. :lol:

xMrMuffin

Resident Lurker.
Reaction score

Never really played a Sims game but I might get one.