• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable - The Lost Chapters (PC) Runtime Crash. Help?

B

Boab

Fable - The Lost Chapters (PC) Runtime Crash. Help?

The Problem:

My PC version of Fable - TLC, crashes whenever my Hero gets into the video before the archery training, and after receiving the bow. The error is this:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: ...iles\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\Fable.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

[OK]

Seeing as the Microsoft website is not that fun, and slow to respond, I thought i'd check you guys out here, maybe you'd help me better than they would. I've played through already once (past this point) with another character. I was making one to play a warrior instead of a mage. I've ran the DxDiag. No problems found. My system requirements beat the minimum. And even when playing the previous character I was using my Logitech Rumblepad 2 controller. My game has been having a few fits of just shutting down and giving me an error message before I start playing again, prompting me to run in Safemode, which doesn't help either. That sucks, but since I've been saving more often because of it, really hasn't become a nuisance. If you need any more information to help me fix the problem, please let me know!

Thanks to all.

Jasontated

Hail Satan dark lord & master.
Reaction score
Re: Fable - The Lost Chapters (PC) Runtime Crash. Help?

I often get this error when playing mmo's and i am pretty sure it has some thing to do with your graphics card unfortunately i don't no how to fix it i just find ways to get around it...... (sry that i am no help) Mood:feels Un-needed

Edit: getting a new graphics card could fix this if on a labtop your kinda f-ed up because they don't use graphics cards but if not there are a lot of sites that you can buy them from or Best Buy works

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Do you have any of the following cards?

GeForce2 MX 400
GeForce4 MX 420
GeForce4 MX 440
GeForce4 MX 440SE
GeForce4 MX 4000
GeForce4 MX 4400
GeForce MX 460

If not then which GFX card do you have?

B

Boab

I'm running a nVidia GeForce 7950 GT

Jasontated, what are your 'ways around it' ?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Boab;164275 said:
I'm running a nVidia GeForce 7950 GT

Jasontated, what are your 'ways around it' ?

You made sure your drivers are up to date?

Tried lowering the resolution or refresh rates?

Also what sound card do you have? Is it an Audigy card?

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

If the problem hasn't fixed then use the instructions in the link in my sig it should fix it... unless of course you already have.

H

HellFireXS

I had to create an account and reply here because I have having the exact same crash problem at the exact same spot... and I also have a nVidia GeForce 7950 GT

Edit: Oh and I run Windows XP

Z

Zingo

Try directing you browser-of-choice to ForceWare Release 169

• WHQL driver for GeForce 6, 7, and 8 series GPUs.
  • Added support for NVIDIA 3-way SLI Technology.
  • Added support for GeForce 8800 GTS 512 GPU.
  • Recommended driver for the latest DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL applications.
  • Numerous game and application compatibility fixes. Please refer to the release documentation for more information on features, driver fixes, and known issues.
  • Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

maybe you downloaded a virus that is interfering with your comp?

H

HellFireXS

I tried it on a P4 2.4 512 MB ram and a GeforeFX 5200 and I crash in the same spot, the drivers could be the problem but I doubt both computers have the same version, wonder if it's a problem with install?

Z

Zataniel

Not sure it's the grafix card thats the problem. I have the same problem. the games crashes at a certian location everytime. Then I have to delete my save games in order to play to the same spot just to crash again.
I have a ATI Radeon x550 grafixcard.
About 3-4 month ago I played the game and completed it, so I can only speculate as to why it crashes. Same computer as then.

M

mavviee

Dark Drakan;164264 said:
Do you have any of the following cards?

GeForce2 MX 400
GeForce4 MX 420
GeForce4 MX 440
GeForce4 MX 440SE
GeForce4 MX 4000
GeForce4 MX 4400
GeForce MX 460

If not then which GFX card do you have?[/quota

I have Geforce XFX 5200 and it always crashes any where after running the game in 5 or 2 min.s , can any one tell me what to do please , that is my first time to play it .

D

defeated

Google a tool called RefreshForce.
I used it and was able to fixed the problem.
The problem is caused by refresh rate problem. You have to return them back to default, or 60hz.

Hope I helped.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Boab;164212 said:
The Problem:

My PC version of Fable - TLC, crashes whenever my Hero gets into the video before the archery training, and after receiving the bow. The error is this:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: ...iles\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\Fable.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

[OK]

Seeing as the Microsoft website is not that fun, and slow to respond, I thought i'd check you guys out here, maybe you'd help me better than they would. I've played through already once (past this point) with another character. I was making one to play a warrior instead of a mage. I've ran the DxDiag. No problems found. My system requirements beat the minimum. And even when playing the previous character I was using my Logitech Rumblepad 2 controller. My game has been having a few fits of just shutting down and giving me an error message before I start playing again, prompting me to run in Safemode, which doesn't help either. That sucks, but since I've been saving more often because of it, really hasn't become a nuisance. If you need any more information to help me fix the problem, please let me know!

Thanks to all.
I got it at the end of the game, I wont say when because it'll be a major spoiler. But it just basically means your computer cant take it, so you'll have to skip the cut scenes. It's a pain, but that's what you'll have to do.