• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable: The Not So Lost Chapters

Status
Not open for further replies.

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score
Fable: The Not So Lost Chapters

EDITED: 8:49 PM (Central Time) 9/17/2009

This is my current project. I am editing/adding everything within the game. I will also be using existing mods created by other players once I get their permission to do so.

Examples:
I will be adding more silver keys to the world, and also more silver chests; as well as editing current chests, probably increasing their number of keys needed/location. I will also be editing the contents of ALL chests (regular and silver key) making the contents more promising then finding a lousy revival potion (damn you chest in Oakvale). I will be retexturing enemies also, making their skins different and more appealing. There will be new locations of enemies, edited skills, edited exp amounts, edited required exp to level up, and more "vamped" up Augmentations.

This is just a small list for what I have planned, the full thing will be HUGE.

some ideas I already have is like once you defeat thunder, perhaps in that area where you defeated him, the silver chest will contain his sword and/or armor. Or lets say once you defeat Jack of Blades, when you finally gain entrance to The Lost Bay, there just might be a chest containing his armor and mask. And once you gain access you the Necropolis, The Archon Armor chest will have the Fabled Frostmourne (Once I get the damned thing FIXED). I MIGHT also have required entries into demon doors changed as well if I can figure out that BS. I will probably delete the temple of Avo and Skorm, seeing as they are useless and Avo and Skorm don't exist, in place I will have something worth value. Like maybe your heading to the temple of skorm, and instead you find yourself facing some Trolls, like an Ice Troll, Rock Troll, and an Earth Troll... all at the same time.

Like I said these are all ideas, and nothing is confirmed yet as of now, all of these are subject to change. I expect this will take me quite some time to accomplish, but seeing how I really have nothing better to do, it SHOULD be pretty far along by Christmas if it isn't done by then already. I am also open to suggestions, if you have any ideas that you feel like sharing, go ahead, and credit will be given when finished. Thank You :D

CHANGES:
I have edited the values for some of the Hobbes:

>>HOBBE_SPELLCASTER (1236)
Health (float): 75 [750 hp]
Damage (Divided by 10) (float): 10
>>HOBBE_GRUNT (1231)
Health (float): 150 [1,500 hp]
Damage (Divided by 10) (float): 10 ---------(thinking about making it more)

A change I made to the Lightning skill:

>>SPECIAL_ABILITIES_LIGHTNING_SPELL_DEF >>>7366 ... + ...
-DE342ACF - DamagePerLevel: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4
-6A91B62B - LightningTendrilsPerPerson: 2 / 4 / 6 / 8
-F067C636 - AdditionalPeoplePerLevel: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable: The Not So Lost Chapters

So you are making everything even easier? And to be honest, why would you use a World of Warcraft weapon for a large Fable mod? It takes away from the originality.

But good ideas. I just don't like how it is going to be even easier. :lol:

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

no, im gonna be messing with the enemies health, increasing it, and gonna find the damage value of monsters and increase that too.

And IMO, Frostmourne fits perfectly in the Necropolis. Frostmourne is a cold enchanted sword used by the Lich King, the leader of the 'undead'. And the Necropolis is frozen over and, well, full of dead things.

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

oh yay, dont mean to double post, but I already ran into a problem (how typical)
the barns in Oakvale; I deleted them, then partially completed the fence that was there, but when i run the game the barns are still there.

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

Good luck with this project, we need more good big fable mods

Desperado

808 modder
Reaction score

thats pretty cool, mayb u should also bring the platinum troll that archons armor is made of into the game. that wood b a hell of a fight.

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

Ok, here's a little update. 1st of all, I will be multi-posting (double post triple post etc...) ALOT, because im not gonna rely on other people posting in here in order for it to be refreshed I'm doing it to keep you all on par with my project. Be that as it may, I don't give a **** about my post number, so I'm not doing this for stupid post increases, so please do not assume anything before you truly know. Thank You.

Down to business, I will be releasing an 'Alpha' shortly, seeing as how I need some progress on this to be done fast (I am gaining credit for this in my school :) so I want some decent results to give to my teacher so I can get this out of the way and earn my credits). Then when I'm done with it for the school part, I will be doing alot more to the project, I think all im gonna do for the Alpha is change monster spawning locations, possbily edit Creature Families, boost Creature difficulty, and remove/add a few things on certain maps. I will not be messing with the chests and replacing items and all that jazz until a later state.

Oh, and if u ever see me post anywhere in the forum and somehow (by an act of some great force is the only possible way) if you can't find this thread, you can click on the pic in my sig (that was made by me, please do not steal, u can save it if you want but do not claim it as your own).

dragon flames

the killer of bandits
Reaction score

im really looking forward to this, ive played this game farwards and backwards blindfolded and something new would be great, i also like desperado's suggestion... that would be one hella fight xD

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

Well, that is a great idea, but I have not found any entry corresponding to that particular troll, but then again I haven't tried searching for it. I have however found a 'Nymph Queen' entry, and I will work on it to try and put it in the game. (I highly doubt it has been put in the game, when I looked at its abilities, it is able to spawn Ice Horde monsters, so that should be fun :D)

dragon flames

the killer of bandits
Reaction score

you could try to retexture an already made troll but that might take quite a while...
you should also add some hidden silver key chests and clues to where the chests are! (kinda like the frying pan, only with better weapons)

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

Hmm, well I DID just create a good HeroRestore.fmp (unlike the one I found at fabletlcmod.com, it wasn't a very substantial restore) so I suppose I could run some tests on increasing exp lvls and see how that works out. As for the armor, I wanted that armor when I 1st saw it, but sadly you need to do alot to it to make it able to be put in the game, things that I have NO idea what to do, I could try I guess though, it wouldn't hurt.

Could you upload the file in a .max format? It would make it easier.

Zimbooboo

Jinjin
Reaction score

Just one quick word, AMAZING... Seriously, most modders go as far as one specific thing (concentrating on retexturing, making armour/weapons, changing maps) But you're doing it all, I have a few ideas, main one is I think you should take a couple of ideas from Fable 2, like cutlasses, and new clothes, aswell as armour, because I think bein' a pirate style guy would be awesome, with like an armour chest piece with a long trench coat-style thing, all ripped up with an awesome pirate hat? That would be good... Also I love the idea of a new island, maybe you could like, copy hook coast or something, make it a bit more free roam, then edit it? Like make it sunny, and THAT could be where you add the platinum troll, like a huge pirate boat to get there, and then the platinum troll drops a load of platinum which you can take somewhere to make the Archon Armour, aswell a sword maybe? I have LOADS of ideas if you want them all, just ask.

Also one I think you should deffinately put in, is a choice of character, like, you could become a troll yourself, but the transformation messes up or something and you become a huge, rusty armoured fleshy troll, I doubt that'd be possible, unless you could give the hero the bone of a troll, for the size, then add new armour (The armour linked to this just above would be good) and maybe make the skin always in the old style, and give a permanent berserk stance thing?
And if that doesn't work, a switch on/off berserk would be good, but not red.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score

Love your ideas man! Can't wait for your final mod!

One idea for the moment: I hated what the Guild Demon Door hides and the way you open him... its too easy for a legendary place like that, and the item is lame... Can you like put some legendary weapon there or something?

And if you've played Fable 2, you would have noticed that there is a chest in the Chamber of Fate, the one that has LE stuff in it... Try and add a chest that becomes available after you defeat Jack of Blades, and it will have all sort of cool stuff in it (Jack's armour for instance?)

R

RedX

I have an idea! The ability to summon an epic ally.

Example:
You have the summon spell maxed out or not. Have that in mind...Okay, so you beat Jack of Blades and then he becomes an ally. By defeating him you can now upgrade the summon spell and what that upgrade does for you is the ability to summon Jack of Blades and he will help you.

--End of Example--

I'm guessing that is too complicated to do though. So maybe only just the last part I said...
"...summon Jack of Blades and he will help you."

Dorian Saignren

Prince of Masks
Reaction score

I don't mean to be annoying, but this needs MOAR QUESTS ^_^

And I don't mean just a few here and there, but quite possibly double (or dare I say it, triple?) the number of quests in the game ^_^ That would definitely up the playability of this game for longterm ^_^

And if you're going to get rid of the temples of Avo and Skorm, maby include something in there for heroes to alter their age some other way, especially for the ones who still kinda want to earn the age changes ^_^ I thoroughly enjoyed the long hours I spent dragging villagers to the chapel of Skorm and then paying off Avo later with the money earned from renting out their now vacant houses ^_^

Dorian Saignren

Prince of Masks
Reaction score

what a buzzkill... oh well, i guess that just means I need a job so I can get the new fables and a 360 then huh? lol, or maby I'll stick to fable style rolepalys ^_^ they're free ^_^

cj-chris

Cookie Monster
Reaction score

Do note that when the source code for fable is released it will be possible to make an entirely new game from it. This does require programming knowledge though if you are interested in programming games there is a legal site where you can download source codes of old games to get you started when I get back on to my laptop I will edit this post and put the URL in

cj-chris

Cookie Monster
Reaction score

JohnDoe;371880 said:
Stop. This will never happen. LionHead would go out of business first.

The source code is likely to be released the only problem is when and that will be when the fable franchise has finished it's like elder scrolls

Status
Not open for further replies.