• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable TLC PC Mods!

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Fable TLC PC Mods!

Seeing as alot of people are asking for mods for Fable I decided to make this post. Before you start poking around I highly suggest that you back-up all your Fable files in case something goes horrible wrong.

The modding community of Fable is very small. Actually, this site is the only one that deals with Fable modding.

FABLETLCMOD: Making our own destiny... (SITE NOW CLOSED DOWN)

Link to tools and mods can be found in this thread.

I've personally tried some of them, the enviroment mods are especially nice.

Editing things is quite tricky, adding stuff even more so. You have been warned, I will not be held responsible for any damage to your person or computer for banging various body parts at the monitor.

First of you'll need Fable Explorer.

Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene: Tools => Installers For Fable Explorer & Albion Explorer

Awsome little program that lets you poke around with the game files. You can, for example, remove the scarring feature in the game if you wish.

Albion Explorer.... What you could call your basic map editor, yet there is alot more to it.

Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene: Tools => AlbionExplorer

There is one more thing you'll need, Free Roaming Application.

Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene: Utilities (read-only) => Free Roaming Application

As the name suggests, it allows you to Free Roam. You can walk everywhere in Fable, like up hills on the side of the road, as long as nothing is blocking your path. It's also required to "unlock" the files in this manner to be able to mod.

As I said, it can be quite confusing at first, especially if you haven't done any modding before. You can either check their forums out, ask any modder there on their forums, or someone over here on ProjectEgo. There is also a niffty little 'Wiki' feature you could use.
Documentation [Fable TLC Mod Wiki]

As to the mods themselves, you can find some at the website and alot more on their forums.

Interesting stuff:
Guide of how to add stuff to chests (that's the way to spawn items gotten from mods)
Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene: Scripting => Adding Items To Chests For Noobs
Disable scarring/bruising. For some reason it goes to the last post, scroll up to see the actually guide. I've used it many times, I hate getting scarred and ugly!
Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene: Mods => Easy Scar / Bruise removal.

Also See Sephiroxas's Thread About Hidden Items In Fable:
http://forums.projectego.net/trophies-items-clothing-doom-1684/

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable TLC PC Mods!

Thanks for the find! Stickied this too for future reference.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;29491 said:
Thanks for the find! Stickied this too for future reference.

Hehe, I was actually about to sticky it myself - damn you're quick!:lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;29493 said:
Hehe, I was actually about to sticky it myself - damn you're quick!:lol:

I do my best ;)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Hooray supermoderator!

Mike398214

Death Ranger
Reaction score

Umm, yeah can someone post a sticky on what to do to get mods for us Xbox guys?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Mike398214;29636 said:
Umm, yeah can someone post a sticky on what to do to get mods for us Xbox guys?

To my (quite limited) Xbox knowledge there is no way to do these kinds of things to the Xbox version.:unsure:

C

Curzedchild

This is probably going to make me sound very very noobish (Which i probably am compared to everyone else on this awesome site) but what is a mod?:blush:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Curzedchild;33113 said:
This is probably going to make me sound very very noobish (Which i probably am compared to everyone else on this awesome site) but what is a mod?:blush:

A user made Modification for PC games.... where players add to the game what they want.

Like Half Life 2 has a Zombie Mod someone created.... uses Half Life 2 models and levels but people edit them how they want and design own things from them.

Read This: Getting Started - Mod DB

D

|Dark*Captain|

Hello all. I think it's quite noobish to add anything to game just to get what you want for the start. Example: you just get from the guild, and then you go to the chest you have added an item like SOL and you are killing machine... But that's the way I think...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

|Dark*Captain|;33141 said:
Hello all. I think it's quite noobish to add anything to game just to get what you want for the start. Example: you just get from the guild, and then you go to the chest you have added an item like SOL and you are killing machine... But that's the way I think...

Not every mod does that, some add some items they wanted in the game or new quests or new enemies or even new areas. Not all are to the advantage of the player, they just add things to extend the replayability of the games.

D

|Dark*Captain|

That's true. Havn't tought about it... Stupid me =P
Hey, by the way.. Why cant I use my own avatar? It says that it's not valid or something like that?

C

Curzedchild

Dark Drakan;33117 said:
A user made Modification for PC games.... where players add to the game what they want.

Like Half Life 2 has a Zombie Mod someone created.... uses Half Life 2 models and levels but people edit them how they want and design own things from them.

Read This: Getting Started - Mod DB

Thanks

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

|Dark*Captain|;33149 said:
That's true. Havn't tought about it... Stupid me =P
Hey, by the way.. Why cant I use my own avatar? It says that it's not valid or something like that?

What size is it?

Curzedchild;33150 said:

No Problem ^_^

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;33142 said:
Not every mod does that, some add some items they wanted in the game or new quests or new enemies or even new areas. Not all are to the advantage of the player, they just add things to extend the replayability of the games.

Indeed! Ever noted how the character in the intro is wearing Platemail AND ninja mask? One of the mods adds a seperate ninja mask, it's awsome! :ninja:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;33159 said:
Indeed! Ever noted how the character in the intro is wearing Platemail AND ninja mask? One of the mods adds a seperate ninja mask, it's awsome! :ninja:

In the intro he also has a sword on his back and a sword in his hand.

I want to wear a ninja mask and platemail.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;33159 said:

Joy of modding :p

Sephiroxas;33162 said:
In the intro he also has a sword on his back and a sword in his hand.

I want to wear a ninja mask and platemail.

Which is why i love PC games so much :D

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;33165 said:
Joy of modding :p

Which is why i love PC games so much :D

Which is why I can't wait to get my PC copy.:D