• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable: TLC, to Fable 3.

BenBalverineSlayer

Reaction score
Unfortunately the way I wrote the facts was in a sort of table. And when I posted it, it came out making not sense :p I'll re-write everything soon in paragraphs so that I can post it. Be patient.

BenBalverineSlayer

Reaction score
Fable: TLC to Fable 3 degeneration

TLC, one of my favourite games of all time, the reason for my entire personality, that game shaped my childhood for upwards of 6-7 years.
Why did Molyneux have to over-hype every other installment of the series and destroy everything Fable was? Idunno...

Bandit Infiltration Quests:

In TLC you sneak your way past the outer guards of the gate, slip inside while they aren't looking, and make it to the outer camp. Some guards recognize you as an intruder and sound the alarm, you fight your way through the outer camp, picking up pieces of a Bandit disguise along the way, eventually making it to the "Inner-Outer" camp, donning the disguise and waltzing in. You then find that you need a special bandit seal to gain access to the Elite camp, which you can get a hold of multiple creative ways. Once inside the Elite camp, you find another creative way to get into the next gate by distracting the guards. You enter Twinblade's personal camp, and find that he had been waiting for you all along, you then face off against a once mighty Hero, who fell in with Bandits and became their king. After this you find out that your own SISTER had been living with the bandits and that she had been with them since the attack on your village. EPIC twist and amazing progression through the camp.

Fable 3's infiltration quest goes something like this. Enter bar. Hold A to strip clothes from convenient lone Bandit who came to town and got really drunk. Be sent on an EPIC journey, to the local barber to get a beard and tattoos... Then arrive at bandit camp. Be recognized almost instantly. Cut down 20 minutes worth of copy pasted bandits, one shotting the lot of them. Find Saker, defeat him. Leave.

Bosses:

Lets just get this out of the way, Crawler. Made no sense. You arrive in a far off land, go into some dark caves for no reason, completely forget about objective, get lost. Some creepy dark creature begins sending dark shadows at you. Me: "YAAAAY! Maybe this is where they start revealing REAL plot points and start explaining things!" Nope. They never explain anything about the Crawler. The only piece of Lore is a single sentence Kalin says "It came here 5 years ago" Yep. That is literally all we know about it. It has nothing to do with you, no ties to anything related to you. All of a sudden Theresa is all like "Oh yeah. and now that Logan's gone you're screwed because this thing we like to call the Crawler is coming to blanket us all in Shadow and death... Iunno why, ask Molyneux"

Fable TLC's Jack of Blades,
One of the greatest video game villians of all time, this guy had the cliches of the perfect villian, but he was just so well made and thought out that the cliches actually made sense. DESTROYED your home town. Sent the leader of the Guild of Heroes, who he was secretly manipulating, to exterminate the bloodline which he had been combating since its creation. Locked away your mother in an Albion prison which was also being secretly manipulated by Jack. Cut out your sister's eyes and left her in the woods to die. Has been hunting an evil demonic blade which has the power to destroy the world, controls a vast army of minions and dark creatures. After he is finally defeated and his sword cast back into the Void, his soul lives on and returns beyond a Bronze gate in the form of a Dragon. Just Epic.

I'm not even gonna talk about Logan...
Well no thats a lie,
I'm gonna rant about Logan

So, Fable 3 starts out as a fully grown man/woman, you wake up. Go kiss your boyfriend/girlfriend goodmorning, walk to have some fighting practice,
You see some people outside who are ****ed because of taxes, Logan gives you the decision to either, kill the mob who you only saw for about
a split second through a window. Or kill your boyfriend/girlfriend who has spoken maybe 5-6 sentences to you that you actually remember hearing, who
you just met, have no emotions towards, etc, etc, etc. Then you decide, everybody's ****ed, so you go off all of a sudden on a mission to get everyone
to gang up on your brother, who is being a very, very naughty king, and not eating his veggies... I can't even take this seriously the more I talk about it.

I don't think I need to explain Fable: TLC's story, because I bet everyone actually REMEMBERS that one... (I honestly had to check the Fable wiki page for
Fable 3 because I just didn't care about the story and forgot)

This next category should be amusing...

Fable TLC vs Fable 3's DLC

Fable TLC, adds new potions, new weapons, new armour, new gear, new places, new people, new quests, new bosses, new creatures. All of which were unique, the ONLY thing I saw that was lazy is that the Frost Balverine were just a re-skin of the Balverine model. But thats just nit-picking. Everything new was different than before, a giant Oracle, a Necropolis ghost city, frozen, icy continent known as the Northern Wastes, more demon doors, more keys, more chests, more EVERYTHING. An epic qust chain to Harvest souls of different types of Heroes in order to open a Bronze gate which is said to be holding back the destruction of the world. All leading up to a confrontation with Jack of Blades in the form of a Dragon.

Fable 3's DLC... Some clothing dyes... roughly 3-4 more small quests, with almost no reward at the end, and uneventful conclusions... A set of armour that makes you look like William Wallace... Some new dog breeds... A five star dog potion, which was already in the game, along with all the other little ****ty "DLC" packs before they decided "Okay, lets just not let them have the black dye, so that they'll go to the marketplace to unlock it! Even though its already technically in the game! Just hidden!" Bastards... Oh and DON'T FORGET THE DOG COSTUME!!!

Its like a whole new game... /sarcasm

I rest my case... I think we can take it from here Molyneux...

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

BenBalverineSlayer

Reaction score
AGREEEEED, Replaying TLC as I'm writing this, going through Demon doors, getting awshiet **** at every turn aha

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
oh and don't forget the silver key chest and demon door contents in fable tlc were awesome, where as in fable 2 and 3 they were crap. I think one was a master longsword you could easily buy buy that point in the game... I mean come on really??
Fable tlc:
http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Demon_Doors_(Fable)
Fable 2:
http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Demon_Doors_(Fable_II)
Fable 3:
http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Demon_Doors_(Fable_III)

the rewards in 3 are the worst.
QFT
ive said this my self time and time again. One of the golden doors in fable 3 was just ****ing highwaymen clothes for gods sakes... what a huge dissappointment that was, cus its also one of ther cooler looking areas too.
Fable 1/TLC also has one of the best sound tracks IMO

BenBalverineSlayer

Reaction score
If only Fable had stayed true to the first, increasing in graphics, content and lore each game. Instead they just got dumbed down to a childish game that makes no sense, is the easiest game you could buy, unlike the first one which actually had SOME difficulty, and has DLC that is ripped straight from the finished game before release.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
If only Fable had stayed true to the first, increasing in graphics, content and lore each game. Instead they just got dumbed down to a childish game that makes no sense, is the easiest game you could buy, unlike the first one which actually had SOME difficulty, and has DLC that is ripped straight from the finished game before release.
I liked the knothole galde DLC for f2 and traitors keep was pretty good too... understone is a ****ing joke though, i wish i never bought it.
I never found Fable1/tlc hard. Ive played through it i like... 8-9 times, and only died once. did not die in fable 2 (4 play throughs) at all, and only died once in f3(2 plays throughs)

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
Thing with every game after TLC, you literally can't die.
You're apparently that amazing as a hero that you get knocked out for about 3-5 seconds, receive a scar and lose some experience.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Thing with every game after TLC, you literally can't die.
You're apparently that amazing as a hero that you get knocked out for about 3-5 seconds, receive a scar and lose some experience.
I was fighting hobbes with whisper at the apple farm and suddenly there was a gold explosion. i died but was instantly brought back to life via resurrection phial. thats was the one and only time

BenBalverineSlayer

Reaction score
LOL. That would suck to be your only death. Mine was on Jack's first form, only my friends crappy ill-equipped ass character, so I guess it was HIS death ;P

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Fable: TLC to Fable 3 degeneration

TLC, one of my favourite games of all time, the reason for my entire personality, that game shaped my childhood for upwards of 6-7 years.
Why did Molyneux have to over-hype every other installment of the series and destroy everything Fable was? Idunno...

Bandit Infiltration Quests:

In TLC you sneak your way past the outer guards of the gate, slip inside while they aren't looking, and make it to the outer camp. Some guards recognize you as an intruder and sound the alarm, you fight your way through the outer camp, picking up pieces of a Bandit disguise along the way, eventually making it to the "Inner-Outer" camp, donning the disguise and waltzing in. You then find that you need a special bandit seal to gain access to the Elite camp, which you can get a hold of multiple creative ways. Once inside the Elite camp, you find another creative way to get into the next gate by distracting the guards. You enter Twinblade's personal camp, and find that he had been waiting for you all along, you then face off against a once mighty Hero, who fell in with Bandits and became their king. After this you find out that your own SISTER had been living with the bandits and that she had been with them since the attack on your village. EPIC twist and amazing progression through the camp.

Fable 3's infiltration quest goes something like this. Enter bar. Hold A to strip clothes from convenient lone Bandit who came to town and got really drunk. Be sent on an EPIC journey, to the local barber to get a beard and tattoos... Then arrive at bandit camp. Be recognized almost instantly. Cut down 20 minutes worth of copy pasted bandits, one shotting the lot of them. Find Saker, defeat him. Leave.

Bosses:

Lets just get this out of the way, Crawler. Made no sense. You arrive in a far off land, go into some dark caves for no reason, completely forget about objective, get lost. Some creepy dark creature begins sending dark shadows at you. Me: "YAAAAY! Maybe this is where they start revealing REAL plot points and start explaining things!" Nope. They never explain anything about the Crawler. The only piece of Lore is a single sentence Kalin says "It came here 5 years ago" Yep. That is literally all we know about it. It has nothing to do with you, no ties to anything related to you. All of a sudden Theresa is all like "Oh yeah. and now that Logan's gone you're screwed because this thing we like to call the Crawler is coming to blanket us all in Shadow and death... Iunno why, ask Molyneux"

Fable TLC's Jack of Blades,
One of the greatest video game villians of all time, this guy had the cliches of the perfect villian, but he was just so well made and thought out that the cliches actually made sense. DESTROYED your home town. Sent the leader of the Guild of Heroes, who he was secretly manipulating, to exterminate the bloodline which he had been combating since its creation. Locked away your mother in an Albion prison which was also being secretly manipulated by Jack. Cut out your sister's eyes and left her in the woods to die. Has been hunting an evil demonic blade which has the power to destroy the world, controls a vast army of minions and dark creatures. After he is finally defeated and his sword cast back into the Void, his soul lives on and returns beyond a Bronze gate in the form of a Dragon. Just Epic.

I'm not even gonna talk about Logan...
Well no thats a lie,
I'm gonna rant about Logan

So, Fable 3 starts out as a fully grown man/woman, you wake up. Go kiss your boyfriend/girlfriend goodmorning, walk to have some fighting practice,
You see some people outside who are ****ed because of taxes, Logan gives you the decision to either, kill the mob who you only saw for about
a split second through a window. Or kill your boyfriend/girlfriend who has spoken maybe 5-6 sentences to you that you actually remember hearing, who
you just met, have no emotions towards, etc, etc, etc. Then you decide, everybody's ****ed, so you go off all of a sudden on a mission to get everyone
to gang up on your brother, who is being a very, very naughty king, and not eating his veggies... I can't even take this seriously the more I talk about it.

I don't think I need to explain Fable: TLC's story, because I bet everyone actually REMEMBERS that one... (I honestly had to check the Fable wiki page for
Fable 3 because I just didn't care about the story and forgot)

This next category should be amusing...

Fable TLC vs Fable 3's DLC

Fable TLC, adds new potions, new weapons, new armour, new gear, new places, new people, new quests, new bosses, new creatures. All of which were unique, the ONLY thing I saw that was lazy is that the Frost Balverine were just a re-skin of the Balverine model. But thats just nit-picking. Everything new was different than before, a giant Oracle, a Necropolis ghost city, frozen, icy continent known as the Northern Wastes, more demon doors, more keys, more chests, more EVERYTHING. An epic qust chain to Harvest souls of different types of Heroes in order to open a Bronze gate which is said to be holding back the destruction of the world. All leading up to a confrontation with Jack of Blades in the form of a Dragon.

Fable 3's DLC... Some clothing dyes... roughly 3-4 more small quests, with almost no reward at the end, and uneventful conclusions... A set of armour that makes you look like William Wallace... Some new dog breeds... A five star dog potion, which was already in the game, along with all the other little ****** "DLC" packs before they decided "Okay, lets just not let them have the black dye, so that they'll go to the marketplace to unlock it! Even though its already technically in the game! Just hidden!" Bastards... Oh and DON'T FORGET THE DOG COSTUME!!!

Its like a whole new game... /sarcasm

I rest my case... I think we can take it from here Molyneux...

Yiiip.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
Jack of Blades isn't really that good a villain, he has absolutely no complexity as far as a decent character goes. Not as bad as The Crawler that pretty much only has one purpose which is making decent quotes for doom metal bands.

Ciaran

Reaction score
Only became a Fable fan at Fable 2 :/ I got Fable 3, thought it was a really average game (although the royal sections were very enjoyable) and then downloaded the first Fable on demand. Though it wasn't TLC and I only got to the part at the big bandit camp before giving up :/ hopefully going to buy the retail version of Fable TLC and have a good play :)