• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

fable too easy/short

A

Abyss Knight

fable too easy/short

The game is fun, but way to short & easy. I just got the game for
xbox on sunday morning. It took me about 8 hours to beat it the first
time with a completely good character. About 30 minutes of that
time I was merely making money. (Had 2,000,000, donated about
1,200,000 and became really close to full good). Although I didnt
do the sidequests. Bosses are way to easy. I beat jack in his first
form in about 2 minutes. And about 4 minutes in his dragon form.
I was a spellwarrior that used Enflame, Psyhical Shield, Multi-
Strike and slow time. Jack of blades was pretty easy with slow
time+berserk+solus greatsword+multistrike (my hits were about
1200 with berserk, and about 4000+ on a multistrike).
I also beat the game again in about 7 hours the next time, but
I didnt do the side-quests or make money.

I think I'll try it again as a pure magic user. No melee.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Re: game too easy/short

This is the classic gripe about Fable Let's hope that Fable 2 lives up to the 10 times the content claim. If you're only playing the game to get to the end you gonna miss a lot of fun. I think that will be even more true in Fable 2. It's the journey ;)

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

i hope so fable was short, i thought fable original was a joke tbh

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

Thats wat ame to mind when comparing fable to other rpgs was length and fable lost everytime really sad...

H

Hexadecimal

Albion Knight;124288 said:
This is the classic gripe about Fable Let's hope that Fable 2 lives up to the 10 times the content claim. If you're only playing the game to get to the end you gonna miss a lot of fun. I think that will be even more true in Fable 2. It's the journey ;)

exactly
fable wasn't meant to be a long game cause there was so much else for you to do... like a lot of RPG's lately, the games tries less to challenge you and more to immerse you... so there's stuff like side quests, interactions, random customizations, stuff to find and try to do... Just look at games like Oblivion and Mass Effect and the like... at least half the game is extra junk that you could skip and still beat the game, but you'd miss out on what made the game so immersing, what made it an RPG...
as said before, someone bragging about how fast they beat fable is like a man bragging how fast he finishes in bed... you missed the whole point of the 'activity' :lol:

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;124310 said:
exactly
fable wasn't meant to be a long game cause there was so much else for you to do... like a lot of RPG's lately, the games tries less to challenge you and more to immerse you... so there's stuff like side quests, interactions, random customizations, stuff to find and try to do... Just look at games like Oblivion and Mass Effect and the like... at least half the game is extra junk that you could skip and still beat the game, but you'd miss out on what made the game so immersing, what made it an RPG...
as said before, someone bragging about how fast they beat fable is like a man bragging how fast he finishes in bed... you missed the whole point of the 'activity' :lol:
Brilliantly put :lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;124310 said:
exactly

Perfectly put as Todd said, i couldnt have said it any better myself +rep.

T

teh_masterer

Re: fable too easy/short

yea it is WAY to short... i did every quest opened all demon doors and went from 100% evil to 100% good like 5 times...all within 10 hours

after the game its just way to boring

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

But unfortunately, making something easy but immersive is not much of good combination. You'll need some difficulty or else there is no sense of accomplishment after its all done. As an example, the defeat of Dragon Jack should have made me feel proud, but it was hollow. Of course, this is just in the case of combat, but then there is always something you have to fight. Things like marriage, dogs, and children are good, just don't forget to bestill the real strength of an RPG, fighting evil (or good) and defending the innocent (or brutally slaughtering them), not to mention the kick-*** armor and weapons, gotta love those too.

Lonely-Druid

Pyramid Head fan
Reaction score

It may be short, but if you just do the quest then you'll never realize how much fun it is.

Kill people, get people drunk, upgrade your skills and explore!

V

Ville Lorn

The game is Outrageous:D, still it is true that it was very short:(, but it was worth it and it's quality is unequalable, I consider that it was'nt as that easy, though, cause personally, the game was quick, but some missions get so ugly that I actually became stressed:wacko::realmad:. I ca'nt wait for Fable 2 to come to my PC;)

Greetings,
MЄ†Δ₤ ΩΙ9H†MΔR€
:neo::devil::pirate:

suffering

Reaction score

Too short and easy true.
i can finish the game without leveling up on a skill

H

Hexadecimal

suffering;127123 said:
Too short and easy true.
i can finish the game without leveling up on a skill

that's not really a big accomplishment :lol:
again, as has already been said, if you do that then you are missing the whole point...
Fable is not a game based around getting to the end as swiftly as possible... if you want that, try a traditional shooter...
Fable was about being a Hero, and really feeling like you're living that life of the Hero of Albion... they succeeded in some ways, and failed in others, but the point is that doing side quests and levelling your character are not "extras" tossed in for the hell of it... they're part of the whole package that if you choose not to experience, you really aren't playing the full game...
Fable was never meant to be hard and getting to the end is hardly some big achievement...

in your mad dash to the climax, you've skipped the best parts of the activity ;)

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;127127 said:
in your mad dash to the climax, you've skipped the best parts of the activity ;)

Like... Like... :shifty:
Pizza :w00t:

Zquad

The Widowmaker
Reaction score

Albion Knight;127171 said:
Like... Like... :shifty:
Pizza :w00t:

o_O... That made no sense to me =]

suffering

Reaction score

Hexadecimal;127127 said:
that's not really a big accomplishment :lol:
again, as has already been said, if you do that then you are missing the whole point...
Fable is not a game based around getting to the end as swiftly as possible... if you want that, try a traditional shooter...
Fable was about being a Hero, and really feeling like you're living that life of the Hero of Albion... they succeeded in some ways, and failed in others, but the point is that doing side quests and levelling your character are not "extras" tossed in for the hell of it... they're part of the whole package that if you choose not to experience, you really aren't playing the full game...
Fable was never meant to be hard and getting to the end is hardly some big achievement...

I didnt mean it as an accomplishment.
my accompishment is owning evvery buyable building and marrying every person who can be married :p

I like to finish game first and then look at how each skill changes your character. thats another activity to do on it :) full strength and nothing else makes you look like a dwarf :) thats bigger than normal. not taller, bigger

F

FableGod

They should have made it even longer

J

Jester.

Hexadecimal;124310 said:
exactly
.as said before, someone bragging about how fast they beat fable is like a man bragging how fast he finishes in bed... you missed the whole point of the 'activity' :lol:

That was so from the article we read way back when
ahaha :lol: