• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable V???....In space!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike@skorm

Oh, i'm from Albion
Reaction score
Fable V???....In space!?

So i've heard rumors that PM has planned all the way up to Fable V. Now this is a little hard to believe, but the idea that he has the basic story written out makes sense. I was wondering if you think the sorta "evolution" of Ablion will continue into these games. What i mean is how Fable III will take place around Albion's industrial revolution. Do you think it will continue in the rest of the series? and if so, how far?

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable V???....In space!?

Mike@skorm;393211 said:
So i've heard rumors that PM has planned all the way up to Fable V. Now this is a little hard to believe, but the idea that he has the basic story written out makes sense. I was wondering if you think the sorta "evolution" of Ablion will continue into these games. What i mean is how Fable III will take place around Albion's industrial revolution. Do you think it will continue in the rest of the series? and if so, how far?

I think the series will stay primarily in the era it's currently in.

Artemis sky

Give a begger a million gold
Reaction score

I think the series will stay primarily in the era it's currently in.

I certainly hope so. i would hate to see fable turn into Star wars, or mass effect for that matter. Though both the aforementioned are great games and movies, i just can't picture fable in a scifi setting, and i likely wouldn't play one such =/

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

i dont think it would get to the point of being in the future. I think at latest would be victorian age. And then it would go back in time to the old kingdom

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

Little_Sparrow;393242 said:
i dont think it would get to the point of being in the future. I think at latest would be victorian age. And then it would go back in time to the old kingdom

It's a little past Victorian times in Fable three already and I doubt it will backtrack anywhere but the Old Kingdom.

Lithary

Reaction score

HeroOfCrapsalot;393250 said:
It's a little past Victorian times in Fable three already and I doubt it will backtrack anywhere but the Old Kingdom.

Well... they could always make a sequel named... Fable Zero... or... Fable the beginning... or even Fable sequel dedicated to Scarlet... mother of hero in TLC... or about guild master and founding of heroes guild... I mean... there is material for it if they want to do it, but for the love of everything that is... DON'T MAKE FABLE FUTURISTIC!!! >.<

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score

Lithary;393281 said:
Well... they could always make a sequel named... Fable Zero... or... Fable the beginning... or even Fable sequel dedicated to Scarlet... mother of hero in TLC... or about guild master and founding of heroes guild... I mean... there is material for it if they want to do it, but for the love of everything that is... DON'T MAKE FABLE FUTURISTIC!!! >.<

Or they could make a fable in the old Kingdom, before it collapsed. Maybe be even the option to play Scythe in his youth. Personally I like the idea of Fable being in the old kingdom , as it can be as grand as possible, more magic and other herros while not going futuristic.

Lithary

Reaction score

ali1238;393293 said:
Or they could make a fable in the old Kingdom, before it collapsed. Maybe be even the option to play Scythe in his youth. Personally I like the idea of Fable being in the old kingdom , as it can be as grand as possible, more magic and other herros while not going futuristic.

Yap... we could have more kraken and dragon enemies, or even fight Knight and Queen of Blades and not just Jack...

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score

Lithary;393301 said:
Yap... we could have more kraken and dragon enemies, or even fight Knight and Queen of Blades and not just Jack...

Would be awesome right!

Desperodo

Reaction score

space would be cool but it would be a big change

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

HeroOfCrapsalot;393250 said:

The Victorian era ended in 1901.

Fable 3 isn't that far. It's industrial, I'm guessing around the 1850's.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score

I think the furthest they should go is World War One, maybe just before, around 1910. Any games past that should be prequels.

Relinquished Reality

Mutilation for Cats!
Reaction score

When Fable went into a time where there were guns.. I was like "nigga please!" no not really. But I was a bit peeved after seeing that my fav RPG game turned into this mess. Yes guns are fun. But they dont fit with fable.
Sure Peter! come out with new fables! I'll buy them. But I think a prequil would be the best idea in the route that this is going. If Fable V is a 3rd person shooter with aliens... then i think i'll just have to shoot PM in the balls.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

How about this:

The next big bad guy is a very, very powerful man with Hero blood. He has focused himself on all three powers (Skill, Will and Melee). Using advanced control of his time manipulation will spell, he travels back in time in order to destroy the first Heroes and prevent the Old Kingdom from becoming what it was in Fable 1. Only you can stop him! But how? Of course, Theresa! wasn't sitting around in the spire watching the poker channel, eating biscuits and masturbating, you know. She uses the Spire's charge of Will to send you back. See the ancestors of old beasts: The father species of the Kraken, Baby trolls only a few feet bigger than you, and Hobbes bigger than any troll you've ever encountered!

Now, THAT sounds fun. But I love my ideas, so I'm biased. It seems like a logical way to please everyone. We get more backstory, meet the founding heroes of the guild, see Albion's past before it was properly populated by humans [cities would be towns, and large camps and settlements would be dotted around instead of various towns/cities], AND you get a big new bad guy who, for once, is stronger than you. [Jack Of Blades<3 was stronger than the Hero in F1, but F2, it took 1 bullet to kill Lucien, in F3 it'll take a strong flick in the shoulder to kill the next baddie.]

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score

Sounds good, but then they could just set in the Old Kingdom to start with.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

Rat;393423 said:
, AND you get a big new bad guy who, for once, is stronger than you. [Jack Of Blades<3 was stronger than the Hero in F1, but F2, it took 1 bullet to kill Lucien, in F3 it'll take a strong flick in the shoulder to kill the next baddie.]

The good thing about Lucien was that he was a proper villian, driven by realistic motives and with an understandable character, rather than Jack of Blades ie some guy with a sword and who was pure evil. The idea of having the final boss be difficult is a trait that harkens back to arcade games and not really necessary in this day and change. This is all just my opinion but i appreciate a more cerebral villian

Cain

Reaction score

ali1238;393293 said:

Scythe in his youth was the most powerful man alive in albion.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score

i wouldnt mind seeing some sort of version, when the heroes guild returns, and possibly expanded to a huge fortress of something, as some sort of hero mmo, where you import any of your fable 2 or higher profiles. and join up with other people online to do quests and wars or such which couldn't be beaten alone.

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score

White Knight;393442 said:
Scythe in his youth was the most powerful man alive in albion.

I know, thats why he would make a good playable hero. He would still have challenging fights though (Queen of blades? This fight took over a few weeks and carved mountains and valleys ).

Lithary

Reaction score

Dracelix;393451 said:
i wouldnt mind seeing some sort of version, when the heroes guild returns, and possibly expanded to a huge fortress of something, as some sort of hero mmo, where you import any of your fable 2 or higher profiles. and join up with other people online to do quests and wars or such which couldn't be beaten alone.

NOOOOOO!!!!
Fable shouldn't become MMO!
Multiplayer is one thing, but MMO is... aghhh... simply awful!
Host of the Fable game should be able to invite several (about 8-10... I guess) guest players in his game at maximum...

Status
Not open for further replies.