• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable's Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kato Si

Fable's Fate

I know we all love Fable, but I must admit the original is getting a bit forgotten due to Lost chapters release. Which is understandable, but what will be The Original Fable's Fate. will it ever be played again?, will it stand the test of time? I leave you to be the judge.

Ps. I love Lost Chapters, I just thought it would be nice for everyone to comment on the fate of the original.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable's Fate

I am going to play mine again (when i finally get round to getting it off steve) ;)

I dont own a copy of the Lost Chapters so im sticking to Fable for now. Though as a product it had run its course, it sold very well went into Xbox Classics and is now a loved game im sure people will still play it time and time again.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

I don't think it's a bad thing that The Lost Chapters stole the limelight. Fable had a good run when it was released and earned itself a loyal fanbase.

Fable: The Lost Chapters helped draw in a bigger crowd by being ported to the PC and included a generous amount of updates over the original. I love Fable but I'm happy that Lionhead Studios decided to rerelease it with even more content. :)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

projectego said:
I don't think it's a bad thing that The Lost Chapters stole the limelight. Fable had a good run when it was released and earned itself a loyal fanbase.

Fable: The Lost Chapters helped draw in a bigger crowd by being ported to the PC and included a generous amount of updates over the original. I love Fable but I'm happy that Lionhead Studios decided to rerelease it with even more content. :)

Yeah i agree with that, it helped Fable stay fresh and also added to an already great game which is no bad thing :D

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

I suppose I'm the one who has to step into the realm of reality. Chances are that Fable is gonna fade away pretty soon. This is the same with every game, once a new better version comes out the old is thrown away. Though there are loyal fans that will keep thier copies, they are merely on a ration of 10:20.
I'm not a hater, I'm a big fan myself but I've seen so many games forgotten when a newer version comes out that it's shown me most people prefer the new to the old, and that's just the way it is. Fable will be remembered, just not to all.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I see where your coming from but i bet 60% of people will have the urge to play it afew times still yet.

K

Kato Si

Seigfried said:
I suppose I'm the one who has to step into the realm of reality. Chances are that Fable is gonna fade away pretty soon. This is the same with every game, once a new better version comes out the old is thrown away. Though there are loyal fans that will keep thier copies, they are merely on a ration of 10:20.
I'm not a hater, I'm a big fan myself but I've seen so many games forgotten when a newer version comes out that it's shown me most people prefer the new to the old, and that's just the way it is. Fable will be remembered, just not to all.

Yeah I agree, I will still keep all four of my copies.

D

DivY

I don't have the orginal. When I found out about Fable. TLC was released. So I went straight into TLC. Whats the difference between the two anyway? Is TLC the same as the original with just extra content or was there a total different storyline?

F

Fuzi0n

It will be forgotten, why buy a game when you can buy the exact same game, only more items, more monsters, more story.

I doubt it will continue to even be produced for very long.

DivY said:
I don't have the orginal. When I found out about Fable. TLC was released. So I went straight into TLC. Whats the difference between the two anyway? Is TLC the same as the original with just extra content or was there a total different storyline?

New monsters
new places
new story
new quests
new clothing
and a few other little things.

K

Kato Si

Fuzi0n said:
It will be forgotten, why buy a game when you can buy the exact same game, only more items, more monsters, more story.

I doubt it will continue to even be produced for very long.

New monsters
new places
new story
new quests
new clothing
and a few other little things.

Maybe, but some people who don't like the news stuff (like 1 or 2 people) will still play it.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Well I own Fable for the XBox and TLC for the PC and though I do play TLC more, I went through it again last weekend, I still occassionally put the XBox on and play the original Fable- especially if I am using the internet or rendering video or something which takes a lot of processing power on the PC. My friend owns Fable TLC for the XBox and as such we occassionally get together and race through the game. Him using the XBox and myself using the PC. Fable just seems to have become obsolete with the release of TLC.

Sometimes I used to just put Fable on the XBox just to listen the music and background sound because for some reason I am strangely attracted to it- its soothing.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Heh, I'm exactly the same. I find Fable's opening musical score very inspiring and I remember actually writing up some of the content for the main site while that track was playing in the background.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

projectego said:
Heh, I'm exactly the same. I find Fable's opening musical score very inspiring and I remember actually writing up some of the content for the main site while listening to it in the background.

I used to love playing Fable and then falling asleep while leaving the game running. Its brilliant to waken up the next morning and have that music playing.

:D

I hope they keep a similar musical score in F2 because it really gives a sense of atmosphere to the game.

JBL

Saber
Reaction score

Isn't there a CD with like 5 or 6 tracks containing some Fable songs. I believe I found one at amazon.com.

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

Yes Fable's Music is very good so is the music from The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind.

I don't know why but I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.