• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Family Problem.HELP!

MazeSon

Reaction score
Family Problem.HELP!

I know this is old news. I am sorry for this. But I need help. Ok.

I completed the spire.My kid grew up. I spent some time with my family.Then I have anouther child.My first child didnt respond or nothing(This is a common bug),my sec child is still a baby.Then I lowered my buget alittle to 720,my fisrt child started moving and speaking!!!!!(I am not sure if that cures it)Now I had 2 childs. Then I did some quest to get more renown for the Reaver quest.

Then after I had enough renown,I wanted to spend more time with my family.Then I had anouther child a boy. He was a baby. Then I left Bowerstone market(Thats were my family lives). I went to bowerstone old town to buy some clothing. Then I returned to my family and my to kids were gone except for my first kid.

I try and try to have sex with my wife but I cant have kids. I go to differnet house and nothing!!!

So help!!!!!

BTw the bowerstone market funiture store I fixed. Cant go to 5 stars. First it was at 3 then 4. So I am keeping it at 4. Just lower it to 4.

Destro23

Reaction score
Re: Family Problem.HELP!

I have the most recent patch of Fable and having 2 kids rarely happens anymore. I just get more wives, and have more kids. You're over paying your wife, it should be like 25-110.

MazeSon

Reaction score

Destro23;407221 said:
I have the most recent patch of Fable and having 2 kids rarely happens anymore. I just get more wives, and have more kids. You're over paying your wife, it should be like 25-110.

So if I higher the buget the bug happens?

So I have to lower the buget?

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score

I Had A Similar Problem, Give Your Wife 60 Gold. That's Enough To Make Her Happy, No Need For 700's. Unless You Can Afford It... With The Newest Patch, You Can Only Have One Kid A Wife. It Sucks... So, To Answer Your Question,
You Have To Be A Bigamist, For Another Kid. One Kid Per Wife, It Sucks. I Wish I Could Help More. Sorry.

Destro23

Reaction score

MazeSon;407429 said:
So if I higher the buget the bug happens?

So I have to lower the buget?

I don't know. Your budget is just unusual extreme is what I meant, maybe it has a weird affect on her. Glitches are common in Fable II. When a video game has audio errors it is usually a smoke signal from another glitch in the game. My old games of fable would start to really drag at the end when I carried too many thousands of items. Fable and Fable II did that. Having 1 kid is very normal, having repeated dialogue is common too.

The normal family problem is when people try to move, your wife duplicates herself in the old house if you moved her to a new town. Or if something happens to your wife and you can't always move in with another wife because the house says "set budget" when you have no family there anymore. This game isn't perfect.

Dogmeat_17

vulgerthrust
Reaction score

that sucks you can only have one kid per wife... i didnt know that

Recycled Human

Reaction score

I just started playing a few weeks ago. Got the game, expansions, and updated to the current patch. I have a gold membership.

That all being said, one of my game files has one wife with two kids. What makes you say one kid per wife? (will get pics asap)

Bluedrake

Reaction score

Arc Caster;407814 said:
I Had A Similar Problem, Give Your Wife 60 Gold. That's Enough To Make Her Happy, No Need For 700's. Unless You Can Afford It... With The Newest Patch, You Can Only Have One Kid A Wife. It Sucks... So, To Answer Your Question,
You Have To Be A Bigamist, For Another Kid. One Kid Per Wife, It Sucks. I Wish I Could Help More. Sorry.

That's weird. I have the latest patch too and I was able to get 4 kids per wife in Fairfax castle and Reaver's mansion.

Ordinary houses (that you don't get through a quest) seem to only give two.

I'm testing the Graveyard Mansion and Brightwood Tower now. We'll see how many kids those can get.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

Since you quoted that Im reminded, arent lady grey and some of the nobles gold requirements 60? If you have a kid that's an extra 10 per. And even then that just keeps them 'happy' add an extra 20-50 gold and they become 'very happy'. With money being sooooo easy to get in this game why not spend the extra buck and get more presents (for a good character) and potentially more home benefits (though I'm not certain how that works I've seen a loading screen boasting happiness = more bonuses).

MazeSon

Reaction score

Hey everyone. I tried to have 2 more kids again and it worked. I set my buget to 600. I didnt sleep or save in my Martial house.

I saved the game with my 3 kids. I want on to do more quest. Then I turned off the game. Then went back to play it agian and my 2 kids were gone. Only one of them was there.

I can have 3 kids with one wife but the 2th and 3 child always dissaspears. You dont have to have 1 kid per wife. But my 2 kids are gone but my first is not.

zDominik

Reaction score

MazeSon;408204 said:
Hey everyone. I tried to have 2 more kids again and it worked. I set my buget to 600. I didnt sleep or save in my Martial house.

I saved the game with my 3 kids. I want on to do more quest. Then I turned off the game. Then went back to play it agian and my 2 kids were gone. Only one of them was there.

I can have 3 kids with one wife but the 2th and 3 child always dissaspears. You dont have to have 1 kid per wife. But my 2 kids are gone but my first is not.

You people realize you can have as many kids as you like,it is not a glitch,but the chance of having a kid decreases every time you have one,I can get up to 5 children easily.I am talking about a single spouse.

MazeSon

Reaction score

zDominik;408206 said:
You people realize you can have as many kids as you like,it is not a glitch,but the chance of having a kid decreases every time you have one,I can get up to 5 children easily.I am talking about a single spouse.

I know you can have more then one. I can easily get 3 kids. But when I turn off my game. the 2 kids are gone except the oldest one.

Btw I do not iive in the castle. So its not a glitch. So then what is it?

MazeSon

Reaction score

I am gone triy to have 2 more kids again. And I am trying to find out the problem.

I am going to save it and turn it of to see if my kids are still there.

Reaction score

consider yourself lucky. i would just kill the mother to get rid of them but i dont want the kids to deal with that.