• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fancy Dress Problems

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
I'm looking online for something to wear for Halloween the only problem I'm having is finding an outfit that matches my height. Most costumes I look at range up to 5 ft 10 or a 33 inch leg whereas I'm nearly 6 ft 3 and have a 34 - 36 inch leg.

I don't have too much of a problem if I have to settle for it but I'd otherwise like any ideas on where I can find some costumes for taller people as I'm having trouble finding them myself.

EDIT: Just found a large outfit with:
31" Leg
40" Waist
42" Chest

Think these companies need to realise a lot of people are tall and slim now.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
I don't have this problem because the effort I'm putting into my Haloween costume decreases each year.

You know what I'm going to be this Haloween?

Drunk.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I always get mistaken for jesus but I never have worn a costume on halloween, weird.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Well my short fat friend is going as Mario so I felt it was absolutely necessary I went as Luigi.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Halloween, what?

Here it's only a sad excuse for younger generation to get free candy. No history, no tradition...

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I hate how everyone says halloween is a stupid new american holiday, its actually an ancient irish festival older than christmas.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Halloween, what?

Here it's only a sad excuse for younger generation to get free candy. No history, no tradition...

No history or tradition?

I'm going out dressed as one of the most famous duos in gaming and getting so drunk I wake up on the beach with a kid poking me with a stick.

And yes Hobbe I will post pictures don't you worry.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
No history or tradition?

I'm going out dressed as one of the most famous duos in gaming and getting so drunk I wake up on the beach with a kid poking me with a stick.

And yes Hobbe I will post pictures don't you worry.

Can I join you?

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
I hate how everyone says halloween is a stupid new american holiday, its actually an ancient irish festival older than christmas.

To clarify, when I said "here" I actually meant here... as in, Estonia.
We have a very similar holiday in October, which also involves kids running around asking for candy. Halloween has only recently started to gain poularity and without any real ground.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Yeah it's mostly English people that say it, just drives me nuts. :p So I wasn't going on at you sir Rotid.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I didn't know it was Irish...heh, you learn something new every day :D

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I didn't know it was Irish...heh, you learn something new every day :D

It was probably popularized in America when the Irish came flooding over in boats to immigrate to a new land things like that happen when cultures clash or new countries are established for example Rome was allegedly founded by brothers Romulus & Remus who were originally from Turkey which is likely why the Romans worshiped Greek gods as Turkey also prayed to the them.