• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favourite 'Broken' Game

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Just essentially games that are full of glitches, bugs and oddities (some even game breaking) but you can't help but love it.

Mine is Fallout 3. Despite how many things can go wrong in that game, I can overlook it's imperfections and say I think it's one the best games to be released in my lifetime. I recently started it again and got shivers as it started up.

What's yours?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I wouldn't go as far as to call Fallout 3 a broken game. Just a few side-quests here and there that wouldn't complete properly and what have you. With the gaming industry today being what it is, that is all too common: ship the game fast as hell, you can always patch it pre-release.

My favourite broken game would have to be Little Big Adventure II. It is fully functional on it's own but it plays like a barrel full of drunken monkeys on our fancy modern OS. Despite horrible performance and regular crashes I just can't stop trying to make it work for that sweet, sweet nostalgia high.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
I wouldn't go as far as to call Fallout 3 a broken game. Just a few side-quests here and there that wouldn't complete properly and what have you. With the gaming industry today being what it is, that is all too common: ship the game fast as hell, you can always patch it pre-release.

I did intent to make the word broken come across loosely but I agree. It is annoying getting caught in a rock after a 2 hour Wasteland trek though.

Just did some research on that game.. Sad to say I've never even heard of it.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
One of the first PC games I beat back in the day. My little sister and I used to get totally caught up in it; we drew our own maps on pieces of printer paper (Lard knows you needed it. This was before you could just look up a fancy map someone else drew on the intertubes!) and when we finally beat it (again, no walkthrough or anything back then) was amazing.

One of those LucasArts-y games where you had to combine items, solve puzzles and ****, too, so it was quite an accomplishment! We could be stuck on the same spot for days on end.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
If we're calling games with a few glitches "broken", then yeah I'd say Fable II. Love that game, but daaamn, the glitches.

Also, The Sims 3. Glitch, after glitch, after glitch. Untimely crashes galore. EA are terrible for actually releasing patches that worsen the game's problems even more.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Ahaha, you like Sims 3. You girl, you. Just like my sister.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
And just for that; I'm locking sim-Tsuyu in a room with no doors.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Gurl, puh-lease. As long as there are no ovens in there I'll be fine.

Yes, I used to commandeer the PC and put ovens everywhere when my little sister was AFK. That's what big brothers do. Toasty!

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Gurl, puh-lease. As long as there are no ovens in there I'll be fine.
As long as there are no ovens in there I'll be fine.
As long as there are no ovens

mV7Yp8B.jpg

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
KotOR 2. It really wasn't bad, apart from all the suck it had from the bugs it came with out of the box.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
KotOR 2. It really wasn't bad, apart from all the suck it had from the bugs it came with out of the box.

That would probably be my favourite broken game, I mean they didnt even give it a proper ending. Only recently did a mod team release a mod that reworked the cutscenes that were cut from the ending & finished off incomplete quests the game shipped with.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
super mario 64 and Oblivion

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Big Rigs.

Brilliantly broken.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Oblivion and Fable the original. Oblivion had the craziest sorts of glitches on 360. Getting to the testing hall. Getting all levels 250, combining rare item enchantments, emperor's robes, duplications glitches. getting off maps. Probably the coolest glitch ever was getting a copy of your custom character that you could fight and even use to help you.

Fable was fun I used to run around with my fishing pole or spade out. I used to use the dig glitch and get all the way to lychfield before my first quest and fight the wasp queen with Skorm's bow and the Solus greatsword.

Azer249

Reaction score
Big Rigs.

Brilliantly broken.

Oh god, you share my love of that game. The fact you can just scoot around anywhere like you have all the power in the world is to put it simply, marvellous.

One of my favourite broken games has to be Too Human on the 360. That was broken as hell, nobody liked it, but i did. Something about slicing people and loot grabbing made it a hell of a lot of fun. Other than that i'd have to agree on the Fallout 3 and Vegas suggestions. Two of the most buggy games I've ever seen are just fun as hell. Oh Bethesda.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Final Fantasy 7.

The bugs in that game... hoo-boy.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
One of my favourite broken games has to be Too Human on the 360.

When I learned that the studio went belly up and we will never ever see the two other games planned for the Too Human trilogy(and thus the plot will never fully explored as the game ended on a major cliffhanger) I wept manly tears of rage and sadness.

Azer249

Reaction score
When I learned that the studio went belly up and we will never ever see the two other games planned for the Too Human trilogy(and thus the plot will never fully explored as the game ended on a major cliffhanger) I wept manly tears of rage and sadness.

You and me both, i was so sad when they went broke. I spent so, so long on the first game. I think i actually had 1000G on it and every type of Red...