• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Featured Game Weekly #1

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
unled1f.jpg

Just an idea i thought up while bored at work and due to the lack of posting members seem to be doing lately in our games section.

Every week i will post a 'Featured Game' in a new thread and sticky it. Could be one people have suggested to me doing over the course of the week, one of my most recently played games, an old favourite or a game i purchased and maybe didnt like.

I will post the details of the game and sometimes DLC and regardless of whether you have played it or not people can post what they liked in the game/ or liked the look of in the game and what they didnt like or thought could have been improved or what put them off the game if they didnt purchase it. Then over the course of the week people can voice their opinions (in an adult manner and respecting others opinions) might help some gamers try some games they thought they wouldnt enjoy or change some opinions.

Following is a brief description of my thoughts...

This Weeks Game Is

NGN-Red-Dead-Redemption-Logo.jpg

Platform - Xbox 360
Release Date - NA May 18, 2010 PAL May 21, 2010
Average Metacritic Score - 95/100

Well i have played this title a lot and despite me not being that interested in the cowboy era and genre it ended up one of my favourite games over the last few years. Few games have had such an involving story with a world thats as interesting as the characters that are in it. Brilliantly written and really well executed.​

Pros

• Open world you are free to explore
  • Fantastic story
  • Great characters
  • Top notch voice acting
  • Varied missions that are interesting
  • A decent multiplayer offering
  • Combat system is great
Cons

• Needed multiple patches to prevent some bugs and glitches
  • Travelling the open world game can be time consuming
  • Cover system is sometimes frustrating
  • Some idiots on multiplayer ruin the experience from time to time without punishment.
  • Some of the 'challenges' can be time consuming and tedious
DLC

rdr-undead_nightmare_2.jpg

Release Date - October 26th 2010
Average Metacritic Score - 87/100

One of the best and most value for money DLC packs ive had so far. Tongue in cheek zombie expansion for the game thats as well written and acted as the game itself and its as large a DLC pack as your likely to see.

Pros

• Another engaging story
  • Great new weapons
  • Variety of enemies
  • Makes the world more interesting to travel when there are zombies everywhere
  • Can purchase it as a stand alone retail disc
  • New Co-op multiplayer modes are a blast
  • The humour
  • Funky mythological overtones
Cons

• Zombies have been done many times before
  • Missions not as varied as main game
Now for this week people can voice their opinions on the game and i will do another next week... Pros and Cons you found or if you havent played it things that appealed to you or things that put you off it...

Any questions about the thread or suggestions for next weeks featured game send me a message.

Dentie

Reaction score
I really liked RDR and the story was epic. Too bad the multiplayer was done really bad everytime i was playing online with a group some idiot came in and shot us all... just for the lulz.

Oh and a nice idea DD.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I really liked RDR and the story was epic. Too bad the multiplayer was done really bad everytime i was playing online with a group some idiot came in and shot us all... just for the lulz.

Oh and a nice idea DD.

I wouldnt say the multiplayer was done really badly its just the spawn killers and persistent idiots who ruin it. The game idea itself was fine its just people abusing the systems, shame they didnt fix the spawning near your place of death issues and such. The co-op modes and such are a good laugh when you play with friends, still need to properly play The Undead Nightmare modes with friends.

Dentie

Reaction score
I wouldnt say the multiplayer was done really badly its just the spawn killers and persistent idiots who ruin it. The game idea itself was fine its just people abusing the systems, shame they didnt fix the spawning near your place of death issues and such. The co-op modes and such are a good laugh when you play with friends, still need to properly play The Undead Nightmare modes with friends.

Yeah thats true it was a nice idea but just badly worked out... I liked it with a group of friends till some R-tard came in and killed us all with his mega awesome weapons and buffalo mount

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Big fan of RDR, gameplay was fun and challenging and the world was open and sandboxy. Not a lot of replay value for me, TBH, but then the only games where I've enjoyed playing through again exactly the same way was Mass Effects 1 and 2, and nothing is going to stand up to that.

And great idea for a thread, btw. Constructive criticism: I think you should make a new thread each week, rather than mixing them all into one thread. Make it become more of a new release than an update kinda thing. I dunno.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I've never played Red Dead Redemption simply because I'm not much of a shooter fan (with some exceptions). I've heard plenty of good things about it though, especially about the story. It always reminded me of another game that I have called Gun since both games are old western shooters.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
It's basically GTA IV with horses.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Right, that's more or less what Gun is too.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah thats true it was a nice idea but just badly worked out... I liked it with a group of friends till some R-tard came in and killed us all with his mega awesome weapons and buffalo mount

With the constant Triple XP days they do i can imagine there are some much higher level people out there now than when i last played the multiplayer as i didnt see any Buffalo Mounts yet when i played it. There were the annoying people who could hit you from about a mile away though before you could even see them.

Big fan of RDR, gameplay was fun and challenging and the world was open and sandboxy. Not a lot of replay value for me, TBH, but then the only games where I've enjoyed playing through again exactly the same way was Mass Effects 1 and 2, and nothing is going to stand up to that.

And great idea for a thread, btw. Constructive criticism: I think you should make a new thread each week, rather than mixing them all into one thread. Make it become more of a new release than an update kinda thing. I dunno.

Yeah i know what you mean, ive played it a lot though and ive done the single player campaign but then the Undead Nightmare DLC has kept me playing. So the actual gameplay length is decent to make up for that i guess.

Maybe i will do it like that yeah, was a thread that im open to suggestions about still. ^_^

It's basically GTA IV with horses.

If they use a tweaked version of the combat system they used in Red Dead for GTA V i will be happy. As the shooting was A LOT better in Red Dead than GTA IV.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
I loved Red Dead Redemption. It's on my list of favorite games, and I rarely play console games. I loved the story, and the gameplay. I also enjoyed the multiplayer. I've yet got a buffalo, but tons of my friends are tier 3 and I get to try out a lot of their guns and mounts, just because.

Undead Nightmare and Texas Hold 'Em are probably the most fun I have on multiplayer, though, because everything else gets tedious when done over and over, again. Even the Capture the Flag games get boring eventually.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I loved Red Dead Redemption. It's on my list of favorite games, and I rarely play console games. I loved the story, and the gameplay. I also enjoyed the multiplayer. I've yet got a buffalo, but tons of my friends are tier 3 and I get to try out a lot of their guns and mounts, just because.

Undead Nightmare and Texas Hold 'Em are probably the most fun I have on multiplayer, though, because everything else gets tedious when done over and over, again. Even the Capture the Flag games get boring eventually.

Whats the Undead Overrun mode like if you have tried it? Thats the one ive been meaning to get around to trying.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
Whats the Undead Overrun mode like if you have tried it? Thats the one ive been meaning to get around to trying.
It gets pretty intense the higher "level" you get. You select a map. Coffins spawn in random set points. You and your team need to work together. There's no final level, so it's not like you could beat it. Anyway, you have a time limit to open these coffins. Opening the coffins gives you extra ammunition for your weapons.

If the time runs out, Undead just keep coming at you with no break. If you open the coffin and there's still time on the clock, there's a short few seconds break. So the undead basically come in waves. But if you don't open the coffin, they just continue to spawn when the time runs out. And not only that, you'll eventually run out of ammunition, leaving you to fend them off with a torch... which is extremely hard to do when you're at a "higher" wave.

Normally, the first three waves, I only use the torch, just to save my ammo. Although, at least one person in your team needs to be using a weapon other than a torch.

Undead Overrun is the BEST thing about Undead Nightmare Multiplayer.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Undead Overrun is the BEST thing about Undead Nightmare Multiplayer.

Sounds like a blast, how many players can there be in total?

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
Sounds like a blast, how many players can there be in total?

I believe Four. And before a round starts, you and your team get to choose your "classes". Each class has specific weapons. Like, one class has long ranged weapons, other has close range, other has an in-between, etc. There's, I believe, five different classes to choose from. I don't remember the names of the classes, though, nor the specific weapons they get.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I believe Four. And before a round starts, you and your team get to choose your "classes". Each class has specific weapons. Like, one class has long ranged weapons, other has close range, other has an in-between, etc. There's, I believe, five different classes to choose from. I don't remember the names of the classes, though, nor the specific weapons they get.

I have an idea of what they would have, thought it would be 4. Much like the free co-op pack they released, shame they didnt keep it at 16. Could have been pure chaos. :lol:

Remember anyone is welcome to voice an opinion on the Featured Game Of The Week even if you havent played it, tell us why you havent.