• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Featured Game Weekly #11

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
unled1f.jpg

Every week i will post a 'Featured Game' in a new thread and sticky it. Could be one people have suggested to me doing over the course of the week, one of my most recently played games, an old favourite or a game i purchased and maybe didnt like.

I will post the details of the game and sometimes DLC and regardless of whether you have played it or not people can post what they liked in the game/ or liked the look of in the game and what they didnt like or thought could have been improved or what put them off the game if they didnt purchase it.
Then over the course of the week people can voice their opinions (in an adult manner and respecting others opinions) might help some gamers try some games they thought they wouldnt enjoy or change some opinions.
Following is a brief description of my thoughts...
battlefieldbadcompany2f.jpg
Platforms
PC, Xbox 360 & PS3
PC, Xbox 360
NA March 2, 2010​
AUS March 4, 2010​
EU March 5, 2010​
JP March 11, 2010​
PlayStation 3
NA March 2, 2010​
EU March 5, 2010​
AUS March 11, 2010​
JP March 11, 2010​
Average Metacritic Score
360 - 88/100
PS3 - 88/100
PC -87/100
A game i have invested a lot of time played (multiplayer), the Battlefield series has never had a groundbreaking single player campaign but this one is a decent offering. However its merits are more suited for its online play which is absolutely superb and as a long time shooter fan there arent many FPS games on consoles ive played online more than this.
When played with friends in a squad each game can be different with the different terrain, vehicles and added destruction to top off the mayhem. Its a little slower paced than most online shooters and a lot more things need to be taken into account before running in firing aimlessly. Its also a game that has a very nice balance and no class feels overpowered and each has their own strengths and weaknesses.
Pros
  • The destruction in the Frostbite engine is great
  • Fantastic audio effects and sounds
  • Nice range of weapons/classes and vehicles
  • Varied maps
  • A decent single player mode
  • Encourages teamwork in multiplayer
  • Larger scale than most online FPS games
  • Dedicated servers
  • Free map packs for people who purchased it new
Cons
  • Takes too long to rank up online
  • Not enough unlockables online
  • Single player doesnt do enough to stand out in a crowded genre
DLC
Onslaught mode
battlefieldbadcompany2o.jpg
A co-op pack style DLC that pit your squad against AI in a timed siege of control points. The faster you complete it the more points you score, as well as scoring for kills and fewer deaths. Its good for a change of pace and to have a laugh on with friends without embarrassing yourself with real players and on the hardest difficulty it adds some decent playtime for the price. Can also use it to test weapons and new unlocks on enemies that arent quite as good as human controlled players.
Pros
  • Good to play around on with friends
  • AI isnt dumb and can pose a challenge
  • Decent variations in combat terrains
  • Decent playtime for the price
  • New achievements
Cons
  • Could have been made to differ from the other modes a little more
  • AI is still no substitute for real players
  • Over quite quickly so dont expect it to take ages to finish
Vietnam Pack
battlefieldbadcompany2v.jpg

A total overhaul of Bad Company 2 and some of the best multiplayer ive played on console. It compliments the multiplayer even more and doesnt distract from the normal Bad Company 2 online modes. Its a good change of pace/weapons/vehicles and terrain once again. The maps are really well designed with good choke points and flanking options with some brilliant Vietnam weaponry and vehicles. Your unlockables also transfer over between the original multiplayer and this DLC so when reaching a new rank in one you unlock things in the other too.
Pros
  • New voice overs/music/weapons/maps/vehicles are superb
  • Unlockables transfer between original game and DLC
  • Reinvigorated the game after id stopped playing it for a while
  • More like an expansion pack than mere DLC
  • For anyone who downloaded the free map pack 7 it was a mere 2mb unlock to play as all the files needed were included in it
Cons
  • Stats sometimes take a while to update and can look like they have reset
  • Leaderboards can be a little glitchy in-between games
Now for this week people can voice their opinions on the game and any DLC you have played...
Can post your own Pros and Cons or if you havent played it things that appealed to you/didnt appeal and why you didnt play it...

Any questions about the thread or suggestions for next weeks featured game send me a message.