• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Featured Game Weekly #3

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
unled1f.jpg
Every week i will post a 'Featured Game' in a new thread and sticky it. Could be one people have suggested to me doing over the course of the week, one of my most recently played games, an old favourite or a game i purchased and maybe didnt like.

I will post the details of the game and sometimes DLC and regardless of whether you have played it or not people can post what they liked in the game/ or liked the look of in the game and what they didnt like or thought could have been improved or what put them off the game if they didnt purchase it. Then over the course of the week people can voice their opinions (in an adult manner and respecting others opinions) might help some gamers try some games they thought they wouldnt enjoy or change some opinions.

Following is a brief description of my thoughts...
As there were no suggestions this week i shall post another random one...
Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Demo-Head1.jpg
Platform - Xbox 360/PC/PS3
Release Date - PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
NA August 25, 2009​
EU August 28, 2009​
AUS September 2, 2009​
Microsoft Windows
NA September 15, 2009​
EU September 18, 2009​
Average Metacritic Score -
360 - 92/100
PS3 -91/100
PC - 91/100
A game i almost didnt purchase as very few superhero games have been any good but id just rewatched The Dark Knight and was in a Batman mood so gave it a chance. It turned out to be the best superhero game id ever played on any platform and im glad i gave it a chance.
Pros
  • Dark and atmospheric
  • Great story
  • Great combat system that isnt complicated
  • Lots of Unlocks
  • Scarecrow parts are brilliantly done
  • Riddles are challenging and lots of them
  • Great graphics and sound
  • Some nice gadgets
  • Good voice acting
Cons
  • Though Detective Mode is good and handy it often means you use it all the time and seems unbalanced.
  • When flying Batman is almost too large to see where you are going
  • Some well known villains you dont get to duke it out with
  • Ending was a little weak.
Now for this week people can voice their opinions on the game and i will do another next week... Pros and Cons you found or if you havent played it things that appealed to you or things that put you off it...

Any questions about the thread or suggestions for next weeks featured game send me a message.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
still never played it. i used to play the Batman & Robin game on ps1 and i think the memory is still haunting me enough to discourage. i've heard great things, i've seen good things, and i'd probably greatly enjoy it. but to be honest, for whatever reasons, it seems to be one of those games that i look at and just automatically say 'nah'. i start feeling adventurous once in a blue moon...so maybe some day, but it may be well into the bargain bin by then.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I've never been into superhero or Batman games (I separated the two because I don't consider Batman to be a superhero). I've heard very little about this game, but everything that I did hear about it was always good.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
still never played it. i used to play the Batman & Robin game on ps1 and i think the memory is still haunting me enough to discourage. i've heard great things, i've seen good things, and i'd probably greatly enjoy it. but to be honest, for whatever reasons, it seems to be one of those games that i look at and just automatically say 'nah'. i start feeling adventurous once in a blue moon...so maybe some day, but it may be well into the bargain bin by then.

Weirdly i was given a copy of Batman and Robin on PS1 a couple of weeks ago along with a stack of other unwanted PS/N64 and Xbox Games and i hadnt even heard of it until then. I shall never play it but i still dont know much about it. Only enjoyed one of the Spiderman games other than Arkham Asylum out of the superhero games ive played.

I've never been into superhero or Batman games (I separated the two because I don't consider Batman to be a superhero). I've heard very little about this game, but everything that I did hear about it was always good.

Well if you want to know anything about it or get some more info then thats what these threads are for. :lol:

Dentie

Reaction score

^This :D

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

same here

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Gamestation are selling the game for £8.99 on 360 and can pick up PC version for £4.89 from Sendit, they are the cheapest prices ive found.

Dentie

Reaction score
:O double post! and thanks for the info

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
:O double post! and thanks for the info

Well no-one else was posting and Scott gave me an idea to post a video and only 3 days left of this game before an update.

Dentie

Reaction score
Well no-one else was posting and Scott gave me an idea to post a video and only 3 days left of this game before an update.
Yeah thats true but i aint mad!

Reaction score
Well I got some birthday money recently so I might go down HMV and pick up a copy. Batman was always my favourite superhero and I heared Arkham Asylum was brilliant but I never got round to buying it, plus the sequel is on it's way soon. Seeing as it is going so cheap now, it seems like the ideal game to pick up given the fact PSN is down and I need a good singleplayer game to play before I go mental from gaming starvation. It should do me until L.A. Noire comes out on the 20th.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
Well I got some birthday money recently so I might go down HMV and pick up a copy. Batman was always my favourite superhero and I heared Arkham Asylum was brilliant but I never got round to buying it, plus the sequel is on it's way soon. Seeing as it is going so cheap now, it seems like the ideal game to pick up given the fact PSN is down and I need a good singleplayer game to play before I go mental from gaming starvation. It should do me until L.A. Noire comes out on the 20th.

cough: cough:batman isn't a superhero, just a hero, superheroes have powers.:cough cough:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah its got a pretty solid single player and even though i wasnt a huge Batman fan i really enjoyed the game would definitely tide you over until the 20th and then some.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Well yeah, but superhero is more catchy. Hero in armour just doesn't click as well if you know what I mean.

Yeah... I get you...

or just hero..... or fictional hero.

Aren't all of the DC and Marvel heroes fictional? ;P Oh, and just "hero" reminds me too much of the hero from the Fable series...

Yeah its got a pretty solid single player and even though i wasnt a huge Batman fan i really enjoyed the game would definitely tide you over until the 20th and then some.

Agreed... It was a really good game that kept me going for a while, even though I don't follow DC heroes at all... I'm more of a Marvel fan! :)
Still, awesome game!