• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Featured Game Weekly #8

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
unled1f.jpg

Every week i will post a 'Featured Game' in a new thread and sticky it. Could be one people have suggested to me doing over the course of the week, one of my most recently played games, an old favourite or a game i purchased and maybe didnt like.

I will post the details of the game and sometimes DLC and regardless of whether you have played it or not people can post what they liked in the game/ or liked the look of in the game and what they didnt like or thought could have been improved or what put them off the game if they didnt purchase it. Then over the course of the week people can voice their opinions (in an adult manner and respecting others opinions) might help some gamers try some games they thought they wouldnt enjoy or change some opinions.

Following is a brief description of my thoughts...
bioshock-3.jpg
Platform - Xbox 360/PS3/PC
Release Date
Xbox 360/PC
PS3
PAL October 17, 2008
NA October 21, 2008​
Average Metacritic Score
360 - 96/100
PS3 -94/100
PC - 96/100
First thing that struck me about this fantastic game was the visuals they were so crisp and detailed and the often talked about water effects were stunning. Rapture has such a creepy engaging atmosphere its a marvel on its own but it was the story itself that separated this from other titles in the genre. Twists and turns and a great example of how it's possible to bring together all elements of game design in one brilliant package. The plasmids offered in game added so many great set pieces and mayhem to the game you wished they were used in more games. A game that without spoiling anything (as i always try not to do in these sections) you wont forget quickly once reaching its conclusion.​
Pros
  • Fantastic art style and graphics even 3 years later
  • Fantastic voice acting which is often overlooked in games
  • Plasmids are a blast (no pun intended)
  • Some great Big Daddy moments
  • Simple yet great control system
  • Intelligent AI
  • Good length if you dont rush through it
  • Fantastic story which is expertly written
  • Decent amount of customisation
  • Homage to Ayn Rand
Cons
  • Vita-chambers can make it seem a little easy for hardcore players
Now for this week people can voice their opinions on the game and any of the DLC they have played and i will do another game next week... Pros and Cons you found or if you havent played it things that appealed to you or things that put you off it...

Any questions about the thread or suggestions for next weeks featured game send me a message.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I never really got into Bioshock. I'm not sure why. I rented it and beat it a while back, and I just remember thinking that it was good, just not good enough for me to buy it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I never really got into Bioshock. I'm not sure why. I rented it and beat it a while back, and I just remember thinking that it was good, just not good enough for me to buy it.

I thought the story was superb and it took me some time to collect most things in the game and complete it. Was rather different than most games on the market and i liked its style.

Dentie

Reaction score
Played trough the first game and liked it very much. It wasn't to hard but wasn't to easy either. I would give it an 8 out of 10

Oh btw is it true that they are making a Bioshock 3 in wich you have a city in the air?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Played trough the first game and liked it very much. It wasn't to hard but wasn't to easy either. I would give it an 8 out of 10

Oh btw is it true that they are making a Bioshock 3 in wich you have a city in the air?

Yeah some battles were challenging but they removed the frustration by adding the Vita Chamber option.

Yeah its true and its called Bioshock: Infinite and heres a trailer.