• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Final Boss...?

Shark

Sleep. All life is a dream.
Reaction score
Re: Final Boss...?

As long as its not like the final boss in Fable 2, where you hold a magical box and suddenly he's defeated :( Something tells me it might just be that, OR that their will be no final boss, just your brother and then small bosses along the way :D

WAIT! What about Scythe? And that letter from Rose when you bring her back to life, some say Scythe was William Black aka the original Archon, what if he wants the throne back to make it like the good old days?

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Shark;413036 said:
As long as its not like the final boss in Fable 2, where you hold a magical box and suddenly he's defeated :( Something tells me it might just be that, OR that their will be no final boss, just your brother and then small bosses along the way :D

WAIT! What about Scythe? And that letter from Rose when you bring her back to life, some say Scythe was William Black aka the original Archon, what if he wants the throne back to make it like the good old days?

I don't think so. If he wanted the throne of Albion then he could have done that many other times, plus he left his title as an Archon long time ago.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

Well final epic boss fights are things of the past that spawned from arcade games as indicators of the level changing. Why are they necessary now?

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Blestb;413038 said:
Well final epic boss fights are things of the past that spawned from arcade games as indicators of the level changing. Why are they necessary now?

Bosses in video games aren't just an indicator of level changing. They are the final challenge, what stands behind the reward that you will get, behind the completion of the game. They don't just indicate "look I'm at this level" they are some sort of accomplishment, you can say "Look, I beat this guy, which was really hard, he was a boss".

Bosses are one of the best things in video games. They aren't old and they will never get old. Many games still have bosses on the stages and that's what spices up the game, making it unique and more changeling.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

Wouldn't you say 'the choice' was the challenge in fable 2? This game isn't all about combat. If it were the combat system would have much more to it.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Recycled Human;413045 said:
Wouldn't you say 'the choice' was the challenge in fable 2? This game isn't all about combat. If it were the combat system would have much more to it.

Seems that in Fable III they have developed the combat system further. The player can make various combos and combinations with his/her own weapons or spells.

Chances are that Fable III will focus on combat as much the first Fable did.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

I think it's a 'wait and see' thing. If the sentinel vid is any indication then fable 3 will have some boss fights. I just get the feeling that the final battle will be another choice that effects the world.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Recycled Human;413049 said:
I think it's a 'wait and see' thing. If the sentinel vid is any indication then fable 3 will have some boss fights. I just get the feeling that the final battle will be another choice that effects the world.

I agree, chances are that the final battle will affect the post main quest-line world in a way or another. Though we will see when Fable III will be released.

Cain

Reaction score

Blestb;413003 said:
So while i believe the bombing of Hiroshima was necessary to quickly end the war i cannot grasp how someone could say that the killing of millions of citizens and their offspring who were not involved by dint of being FROM THE FUTURE was 'unneccesary' and yet 'not evil'. So you believe unneccesarily killing people is not evil?

I am not going to bother to answer that, as from reading that paragraph, I can tell you know nothing about the subject. Go read up on it, and maybe when you can give me an accurate estimation of the losses both bombings caused and an estimation of both what allied and japanese forces would've lost should america have chosen to invade, I will give you an answer. The only thing you got right, was the part about radiation poisoning(The part about the future generation being killed).

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

White Knight;413056 said:
I am not going to bother to answer that, as from reading that paragraph, I can tell you know nothing about the subject. Go read up on it, and maybe when you can give me an accurate estimation of the losses both bombings caused and an estimation of both what allied and japanese forces would've lost should america have chosen to invade, I will give you an answer. The only thing you got right, was the part about radiation poisoning(The part about the future generation being killed).

Yeah, i'll just go pull up accurate estimations for something that never happened shall i? Would you like to recommend some source material? Or should i just pull it directly out of my arse?

Cain

Reaction score

Blestb;413072 said:
Yeah, i'll just go pull up accurate estimations for something that never happened shall i? Would you like to recommend some source material? Or should i just pull it directly out of my arse?

Whatever works for you.

Wasabi

Cant play Fable 3 till Dec.
Reaction score

Whatever your opinions are about Hiroshima, they don't belong in this thread. Getting back to the subject...

I can't see Theresa in the 'enemy' position. Or I just can't see you having to fight her.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

I can see her as the overarching antagonist. The fact that your life mentor is Walter and not Theresa bodes badly, i think. But i see what you mean when you say that you can't see yourself fighting her. Admittedly, her attire doesn't lend itself to fighting. Or anything really. Unless she turns into some spider-abomination to fight you

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Blestb;413125 said:
I can see her as the overarching antagonist. The fact that your life mentor is Walter and not Theresa bodes badly, i think. But i see what you mean when you say that you can't see yourself fighting her. Admittedly, her attire doesn't lend itself to fighting. Or anything really. Unless she turns into some spider-abomination to fight you
Haha! yeah that's classic! :lol:

All of the sudden Theresa's gonna go "Warrrgh! Now, Child. I will show you my true form!!"

Fable III most likely won't have an epic final boss fight. Let's be honest, the past bosses of Fable hasn't really been all that great - certainly not epic!
I would be very surprised (and pleased) should Lionhead make a final boss battle that's actually good ^_^

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

The fight would be easy. You swing the sword of Aeons at her, then you win. Bonus prize is a powered up sword by the blood.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

SimonKalevra;413133 said:
Haha! yeah that's classic! :lol:

All of the sudden Theresa's gonna go "Warrrgh! Now, Child. I will show you my true form!!"

Fable III most likely won't have an epic final boss fight. Let's be honest, the past bosses of Fable hasn't really been all that great - certainly not epic!
I would be very surprised (and pleased) should Lionhead make a final boss battle that's actually good ^_^

Fable III will have a good final fight, I'm sure of it. However this won't be with Theresa, she's a supportive character of the hero, she helps the hero during the start, she has no reason to betray the hero.

Honestly, I'm trying to clear it up since a good while, I still wonder why people keep pointing at Theresa saying "evil! Final boss!"

Recycled Human

Reaction score

Mostly because she was so sketch, I mean really really sketch. She could be just a red herring. /shrug

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

DarkONI;413163 said:
Fable III will have a good final fight, I'm sure of it. However this won't be with Theresa, she's a supportive character of the hero, she helps the hero during the start, she has no reason to betray the hero.

Honestly, I'm trying to clear it up since a good while, I still wonder why people keep pointing at Theresa saying "evil! Final boss!"
You are making it sound like I think Theresa will be the final boss :/

Well just to clear it up: I do NOT think Theresa will be the final boss of Fabel III ^_^

Still... Theresa in a spider-form would probably be better than what Lionhead can come up with, hehe.. they suck at making bosses - but I still love 'em :wub: (Lionhead, not the bosses)

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

DarkONI;413163 said:

Why wouldn't she betray the hero? She's shown that she is willing to ruthlessly manipulate people even going so far as to structure events to allow their loved ones to die. If the hero stands in the way of her goals, why would she hesitate to destroy him?