• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Final Boss...?

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Final Boss...?

Blestb;413180 said:
Why wouldn't she betray the hero? She's shown that she is willing to ruthlessly manipulate people even going so far as to structure events to allow their loved ones to die. If the hero stands in the way of her goals, why would she hesitate to destroy him?

Because Theresa has accomplished her main goal: to see the future. That's why she let Lucien build the spire and then let the hero to make his/her own final wish.

She wanted to see the future, actually all the possible futures, because she wanted to master her ability. Now, she's back to support the Hero Of Bowerstone child in his/her revolution against the brother.

Such powers are beyond the hero's recognition, that was Theresa's main power and she didn't hesitate to share the spire with the Hero of Bowerstone. This means that she wasn't evil towards the hero, she also took care of the dog for all the years that the Hero was at The Spire.

Manipulation, mystic and such treats don't make a character evil or that's likely going to betray the main character. She also supports the Hero of Fable III into his revolution (as was seen in the Develop Conference, where the first 15 minutes of game-play where shown)

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

So you think that Theresa just wants justice? To see the evil tyrant overthrown? I don't think her intentions will be that simple. What will she do during the second half of the game? She can't just leave, she's got nothing to do except order people about.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

POOP;413187 said:
So you think that Theresa just wants justice? To see the evil tyrant overthrown? I don't think her intentions will be that simple. What will she do during the second half of the game? She can't just leave, she's got nothing to do except order people about.

We will see what she will do in the next part of the game. However, she won't be an enemy. I'm sure of it. We have just to wait that Fable III is released, to see that Theresa isn't the villain in the game.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

DarkONI;413183 said:
Because Theresa has accomplished her main goal: to see the future. That's why she let Lucien build the spire and then let the hero to make his/her own final wish.

She wanted to see the future, actually all the possible futures, because she wanted to master her ability. Now, she's back to support the Hero Of Bowerstone child in his/her revolution against the brother.

Manipulation, mystic and such treats don't make a character evil or that's likely going to betray the main character. She also supports the Hero of Fable III into his revolution (as was seen in the Develop Conference, where the first 15 minutes of game-play where shown)

Has she accomplished her main goal? She's only ever been in it for her own interests and we don't know her motives, she's proven she's willing to do anything to accomplish her goals and in terms of morality she has already betrayed the main character, she got his sister killed and the hero shot.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Blestb;413193 said:
Has she accomplished her main goal? She's only ever been in it for her own interests and we don't know her motives, she's proven she's willing to do anything to accomplish her goals and in terms of morality she has already betrayed the main character, she got his sister killed and the hero shot.

That was needed in order to reach her own goal and also assure that the Hero of Bowerstone would seek to stop Lucien when it was needed. Including the fact, that Theresa couldn't do anything, she wasn't ever known for her combat abilities, mostly for her spell-wise abilities. She couldn't attack Lucien, Garth and all the men would be against her, she needed someone good in combat in order to make her plan proceed. However, this still doesn't mean she's going to be evil in Fable III.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

DarkONI;413196 said:
That was needed in order to reach her own goal and also assure that the Hero of Bowerstone would seek to stop Lucien when it was needed. Including the fact, that Theresa couldn't do anything, she wasn't ever known for her combat abilities, mostly for her spell-wise abilities. She couldn't attack Lucien, Garth and all the men would be against her, she needed someone good in combat in order to make her plan proceed. However, this still doesn't mean she's going to be evil in Fable III.

I agree that she won't necessarily be an antagonist but she is most certainly not your friend and not in it for your best interests. I won't be trusting her anyway.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Blestb;413197 said:
I agree that she won't necessarily be an antagonist but she is most certainly not your friend and not in it for your best interests. I won't be trusting her anyway.

Well, we will get our answers in Fable III. Though I'm sure that she will be trust-able in Fable III. However, we will see when the game is released.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

There are several dark overtones in regards to Theresa, whether this means she is going to be a villain...well that's yet to be seen. I can say that she does seem to show up and coax a situation to her own ends (the manipulation you speak of), but there are some circumstances that I think would have warranted a bit more information from the seeress. She could have warned any number of individuals against luciens intent. For instance, had Garth known he might have actively opposed Lucien and their wouldn't have been the unnecessary loss of life, the death of your sister rose or any other need for lucien to build the spire.

You have to also ascertain her motives. You could easily say that she knew the spire was going to be built one way or another and she had to do something to stop lucien (the good path), or you can choose to see her as someone who needed the spire for her own alterior reasons which could be anything thanks to the gap between when you last saw her in Fable 1 and when you first see her in fable 2. Or you could choose to see her as a neutral character, the problem with that is she's pretty damn active for a neutral character. She had no problem telling Garth, Hammer and the Hero of Luciens plans AFTER the Spire was underway and even less problem coercing Reaver to temporarily form an alliance.

Like I said, she's sketch.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Recycled Human;413202 said:
There are several dark overtones in regards to Theresa, whether this means she is going to be a villain...well that's yet to be seen. I can say that she does seem to show up and coax a situation to her own ends (the manipulation you speak of), but there are some circumstances that I think would have warranted a bit more information from the seeress. She could have warned any number of individuals against luciens intent. For instance, had Garth known he might have actively opposed Lucien and their wouldn't have been the unnecessary loss of life, the death of your sister rose or any other need for lucien to build the spire.

No, she couldn't have warned. Because before the spire her future-seeing was limited to dreams and other usable items (like the cards she shows the hero). After the spire, she has seen all the possible futures, giving her a full advantage of the future; now she really knows the future and can see which one will happen.

Recycled Human;413202 said:
You have to also ascertain her motives. You could easily say that she knew the spire was going to be built one way or another and she had to do something to stop lucien (the good path), or you can choose to see her as someone who needed the spire for her own alterior reasons which could be anything thanks to the gap between when you last saw her in Fable 1 and when you first see her in fable 2. Or you could choose to see her as a neutral character, the problem with that is she's pretty damn active for a neutral character. She had no problem telling Garth, Hammer and the Hero of Luciens plans AFTER the Spire was underway and even less problem coercing Reaver to temporarily form an alliance.

Like I said, she's sketch.

I believe she's a bit both. After all, she's a hero, she can choose her own destiny and doing freely, especially because of her own bloodline. However, she is indeed a neutral character and that's why she's pretty much mysterious for most of people. She can talk to people and convince them to join in a cause they share. She needed the spire, they wanted Lucien dead.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

What did she need the spire for? To complete her powers? What does that do? Why would it matter?

As for her not being able to warn people because her sight was limited : She could 'see other worlds' without aid from dreams or cards when she translated Lucien's Journal, she was at the exact right spot for when the hero was shot out of the window (as previously mentioned), she guided rose to take the music box knowing what it was. She must have known that rose and hero would use it and thus lose it and thus leave them completely at the mercy of Lucien. She also must have known that the hero wasn't one of the three because she wouldn't have delivered one of the three to Lucien so easily. Her future sight has had what, 500 years to develop and we have no inkling as to how much or how little aside from the cards she hands you in bowerstone?

If we can agree that she's manipulative why can't she also be fabricating her powers or playing them down?

I still hold Theresa as a big question mark, but it seems like an awful lot of buildup for someone with no motivation.

Paragon

The Ghoul
Reaction score

DarkONI;412982 said:
No, she wouldn't. I doubt she will be a final boss in any Fable game. There are many more things that can be final bosses but not Theresa.
It's just an idea. Way to shut me down. : (
You can't honestly tell me that if Theresa turned out to be evil that she wouldn't make an amazing final boss? Can you?

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Paragon;413220 said:
It's just an idea. Way to shut me down. : (
You can't honestly tell me that if Theresa turned out to be evil that she wouldn't make an amazing final boss? Can you?

I don't think so actually. She can see the future, she doesn't fight. She can manipulate, convince and other cool things, but her main skill isn't battle, even though she's capable off, however not good enough to make for a final boss.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

DarkONI;413223 said:
I don't think so actually. She can see the future, she doesn't fight. She can manipulate, convince and other cool things, but her main skill isn't battle, even though she's capable off, however not good enough to make for a final boss.

Unless she turned into a dragon or something. JKJK

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Recycled Human;413225 said:
Unless she turned into a dragon or something. JKJK
Or maybe she's gonna turn into...

A Spider-Monkey!!!

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

If she can see the future, she would be good at predicting your moves. You may have to even collect artifacts throughout the game to be able to counteract this feat.

Imagine everytime she goes to attack the colors fade to black and white and you regain color with the artifacts in hand, able to dodge, as in your traveling through time to avoid her ability to see the future, causing a mind f*ck to her, and being able to battle on fair ground.

I would see her turning into a beast, or using the powers of heroes of old against you, she could wield Avo's tear and sword of Aeons in each hand and give the hero a run for his money.

And maybe in the end we will find out that JoB hid a piece of himself in her after the Oakvale raid so he could pop out when she was weakened, and live hundreds of years after his own death. You gotta admit, hes good at cheating death. very good.

Paragon

The Ghoul
Reaction score

I still think Theresa would make an amazing final boss. I can picture it now... It's magnificent. ;)

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

She couldn't really be a "boss". Even though she is a hero, she has never had a weapon (and I can't imagine her using one), and I don't know how the fight would work. Maybe she could just use will to protect her and then you have to do some stupid thing like "Avoid the fireballs until her shield goes down!", but again, that would be stupid.

I can see her betraying the hero and causing his/her death indirectly (i.e. with her own army or causing Aurora to blow **** up or something). Maybe she wants to take the throne for herself? I really can't think of what her agenda could possibly be. Perhaps just acting as someone who has to make the future that she has seen happen? I don't know if that makes sense. I have no idea about anything. Sorry.

Paragon

The Ghoul
Reaction score

I can see her having some hidden will powers that she could use.

StaticRaven

Reaction score

I could see Theresa using the Hero to destroy some greater evil, kind of like how she lead him towards defeating Lucien. I have no doubt that she had her own intentions there and she is manipulative, however i don't see her being the final boss unless she is possessed by something such as jack of blades' spirit.