• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fire Troll

S

Sporeon

Fire Troll

I want to make a Fire Troll that looks like an Ice Troll but is brown and red, and throws fireballs instead of boulders and does an Enflame attack if its enemies are too close to it. Would this be hard to make?

R

Rhadiel

Re: Fire Troll

...to put things short....yes...in my opinion...very hard.....ud have to remake the textures and animations and junk...well....mabye not animations....

OldBoy

Reaction score

Sporeon;109025 said:
I want to make a Fire Troll that looks like an Ice Troll but is brown and red, and throws fireballs instead of boulders and does an Enflame attack if its enemies are too close to it. Would this be hard to make?

You'd have to:

1; make a new texture.

2; change the shot type to Fireball (I'd recommend making a new SHOT entry for it, and scale up the standard fireball if that's possible).

3; The enflame is bit harder, I guess you could try to somehow swap the normal effect for (when it jumps up and down and you've got these 'spikes' coming out of the ground) the enflame effect that the hero uses.

Is this hard? Point 1 and 2 are pretty easy, but point 3 is more trial and error to see if it can be done. I believ it can be done, but can't tell you how just yet. I'd have to look into it.

Another thing you'd might have to do is kill some effects that are linked to the troll, or retexture those.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Sounds cool. I can't think of anywhere to put them really. Aside from the area
Jack's Dragon Form was in.

S

Sporeon

I was going to make a place east of Greatwood called Fire Mountain. They would also inhabit the Wellow Mountains (another place I want to make east of Gibbet Woods/Prison Path/etc.)

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

Fire Mountain.........should have ash zombies and Dagoth Ur!

S

Sporeon

Skorm's Son;109161 said:
Fire Mountain.........should have ash zombies and Dagoth Ur!

I'll just tell you my whole plan for the middle east of the map. Greatwood Gorge will be a crossroads instead of a T-intersection. The new east path out of the bandit toll camp will go to Greatwood Trail and Riverfork Road which will lead to a small castle town called Riverfork where the river forks almost due east of Greatwood Gorge. There will be Fire Mountain Caves east of Riverfork leading to Fire Mountain Peak southeast of that. Fire Mountain will be inhabited by Wood Nymphs who summon Fire Scorpions, a couple of Fire Trolls, and a Red Dragon at the peak like Jack of Blades. Some Fire Undead counterparts of the Ice Undead of the Northern Wastes may also be present. A quest will be to kill the dragon that is terrorizing the people of Riverfork. There might be a region or two of tunnels and climbing the mountain in between to give the quest some length.

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

all that sounds cool.........think you can do it all?

S

Sporeon

all in good time :) the textures i would need to do 41 of the 47 regions I have planned are already in the game and it sounds like this fable explorer can edit the region model then i just apply the right textures...as said elsewhere I need some desert textures for the other 6 regions

H

HodgePodge

Ummmm...just wanted to let you know that new areas can't be made :hmm:

S

Sporeon

Not yet, my understanding is that ppl are working on it and I will be too.

H

HodgePodge

Well, I work mainly with defs, but I'm pretty sure that it's hardcoded, and it's gonna be awhile before we can crack that :(

OldBoy

Reaction score

As I stated in the other thread, development of editing tools for Fable has halted, no one is working on it as far as I know.

S

Sporeon

OldBoy;109271 said:
As I stated in the other thread, development of editing tools for Fable has halted, no one is working on it as far as I know.

I guess I'll have to take that over and see what I can do if no one else is going to. But it will be 1-2 weeks before I can get started.

RedBullKid

Premium
Reaction score

...for the enflame thing... well im not familiar with changing animations but you could try changing the mesh of the ice troll atack ( ID # 1195) to that of the enflame im not sure about the ID# of enflame but it shouldnt be hard to find... i hope i helped :)

Zquad

The Widowmaker
Reaction score

Awsome idea! :O I'll give it a try

RedBullKid

Premium
Reaction score

tnx id try it out but my game is COMPLETLY scewed up so i cant :p

S

Sporeon

I might be needing a Sand Troll as well...although a Rock Troll would probably be as good for the desert mod I hope to eventually make