• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

For the ladies...Because we played this too

Status
Not open for further replies.

OwNzOr

Reaction score
First of all the woman in this game really aren't that pretty. They're do-able, but apart from Elise they're all pretty ugly.

secondly, who the hell would want to be saved by a gay hero king? I'd rather get tortured for eternity :eek:!

Thirdly, Lh tried to please their female fans by putting amazing details in the kitchen. You should be more than pleased.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
But they are missing the chain which attaches the females to the oven so they obviously didn't do their homework all THAT well...

I remember trying it on with this one woman in the game and from a distance she looked ok - then we got as far as marriage, I took one look at her ugly mug in the cinematic for the wedding and shot her in the face as soon as was humanly possible.

Reaction score
To be fair I think practically everyone in fable were as ugly as hell, I never usually marry in Fable anyway Fable spouses in My experience are all the same needy, materialistic, half-wit, liabilities with merely different (but equally ugly) skins. To be honest I like the fact that 90% of them have horrid teeth and are filthy, it fits in with the Fable Universe pretty well. Gives Me a good laugh.

TheLine

Yarr! I am TheLine
Reaction score
secondly, who the hell would want to be saved by a gay hero king? I'd rather get tortured for eternity :O!
That's very offensive to the gay community.

The Ladies really weren't that good looking. Yes they had some big boobs but that's it really.

shane states

Reaction score
The chicks who work at the bars are the best looking ones by far in the game...

Khalin

Reaction score
First of all the woman in this game really aren't that pretty. They're do-able, but apart from Elise they're all pretty ugly.

secondly, who the hell would want to be saved by a gay hero king? I'd rather get tortured for eternity :O!

Thirdly, Lh tried to please their female fans by putting amazing details in the kitchen. You should be more than pleased.
Too cliché. Google better troll lines.

That's very offensive to the gay community.
Lol, I think he just feels threatened that a girl liked my "shirtless tattooed hunk".

The chicks who work at the bars are the best looking ones by far in the game...
Hm I hadn't noticed, I guess I'll go take a look. They're at least probably better than the noblewomen. The entire Noble class wore laughable clothes that made them all look fat. I recall the noblewomen from Fable II being the most ugly and annoying/materialistic little bitches in the game. Especially irritating when they'd give me comments on "bettering my appearance" even though I had max attractiveness in that game, so I'd just slap them in response. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough strength to do the supposed "slap-kill".

Reaction score
To be honest with all the talk of annoying, needy, materialistic bitches, etc (which lets face it practically everyone in Albion is,) I can actually rationalise why Jack of Blades wanted to destroy them all in the first place. Hopefully I will get the option to finish what He started in the next Fable, I wouldn't be able to stand more than 5 minutes of their hopeless stupidity without snapping if I actually lived in the Fable universe.

shane states

Reaction score
To be honest with all the talk of annoying, needy, materialistic bitches, etc (which lets face it practically everyone in Albion is,) I can actually rationalise why Jack of Blades wanted to destroy them all in the first place. Hopefully I will get the option to finish what He started in the next Fable, I wouldn't be able to stand more than 5 minutes of their hopeless stupidity without snapping if I actually lived in the Fable universe.

you know your absolutely right. you would think 550+ years later, and almost having them all completely wiped out wouldve changed their ways but nope. Just needy people..

Hm I hadn't noticed, I guess I'll go take a look. They're at least probably better than the noblewomen. The entire Noble class wore laughable clothes that made them all look fat. I recall the noblewomen from Fable II being the most ugly and annoying/materialistic little bitches in the game. Especially irritating when they'd give me comments on "bettering my appearance" even though I had max attractiveness in that game, so I'd just slap them in response. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough strength to do the supposed "slap-kill".

It was cool to do the "Slap-Kill" actually. but them and the chick servants in the castle. I figured most rulers are gonna mess with the help neways might as well marry one, there not to shabby at all

AlmightyLush

Reaction score
I know, the serving maids in the bars were better looking that most in Fable 2 as well, but every time I would try to hook up with them they'd decline saying that they'd rather work than follow me on a date for some lovin.
Some of the Whores in Fable 2 were ok too, but well, they're whores and they have 30 STDs to start. Plus the producers seemed to stress that they should have the most obnoxious voice acting dubbed on them as possible.
Nothing can make you go soft as fast as listening to a Bloodstone whore screech that "You're INCREEEE-DUH-BOWWWW!" while you're tagging her in the sheets. Not that it's an absolute necessity to get aroused from a video game, but it was just unbearable. Yeah, I get it. It's supposed to be funny. But you see. It ain't.
Even now your hero's voice over for the sex black out are really REALLY obnoxious. It sounds eerily close to what your hero babbles when he or she is tickling their child. DISTURBING.
I digress. I think it's alright to have some homely or normal looking NPCs in the game to interact with as everyone has different preferences for looks. Problem is that in Fable almost everyone shares the exact same features in their region for their class and really unique looking people are hard to find. Also their shapes and sizes would be nice if they were more varied. Short, tall, fat, skinny...A plus now that there are different skin tones and vaguely variant ethnicities, but everyone is generally the same. Again, I'd like it if when you did an expression you weren't automatically transformed into a giant freak.
And again, I wish you had more control over your expressions. How hard would it have been to program in the option of flipping through your expressions on the fly? Perhaps pressing the LB to switch to 4 new options of expression so I don't have to reenact a scene from Dirty Dancing with Paul the General Goods salesman and my humongous male hero to get an extra 2% off of a teddy bear for my son. I also find it disturbing when my gigantic female character picks up a full grown man and lifts them into the air like a child. Call me traditional, but I'd rather he pick up the female instead.
Anyway this thread is reminding my how truly disturbed I am by all of this. Oh well.

OwNzOr

Reaction score
Too cliché. Google better troll lines.

Lol, I think he just feels threatened that a girl liked my "shirtless tattooed hunk".

Well even trolls have to start somewhere :). Next time i'll try to put a bit more work into it.

Khalin

Reaction score
Well even trolls have to start somewhere :). Next time i'll try to put a bit more work into it.
I encourage you to project a more respectable persona...

Nothing can make you go soft as fast as listening to a Bloodstone whore screech that "You're INCREEEE-DUH-BOWWWW!" while you're tagging her in the sheets. Not that it's an absolute necessity to get aroused from a video game, but it was just unbearable. Yeah, I get it. It's supposed to be funny. But you see. It ain't.
Even now your hero's voice over for the sex black out are really REALLY obnoxious.
I agree that getting sexually aroused from a video game isn't a requirement, but if they're going to put sexuality in a video game then they should at least take it moderately seriously. The sex scenes were clearly intended to be comical, and I guess they mildly were [a hell of a lot better than the Fable I scenes] though they sound a little "too" comical, to the point of being unrealistic. The only sex scenes that were any sort of acceptable were the ones with other heroes.

AlmightyLush

Reaction score
Well, you see a joke can be funny even though the delivery sucks. It's just that you're clever enough to understand the humor and the intent. It doesn't change the fact that the delivery is crap and really takes a lot away from the joke.
It all comes down to a writing issue.
I read a review for Fable 3 calling it a "homely" game. I can agree with that to a point. The landscape and atmosphere is beautiful honestly, but the character and overall aesthetic are really hampered by some of the details. Most notable would be this very issue of designing the NPCs and their dialogue to immerse you in a world that doesn't treat everything like a joke. The set pieces for moderate to major quests are done generally well and they are suitably funny and or serious. The general interaction with NPCs though often break the tone up too much. I was really hoping for a game that would adjust to the way it's being played by the player. If I'm more of a straight up player acting with a bit more gravitas in my decisions, not to mention how I present my character through appearance, I expect the tone to be different from say, if I walk around with the bottom half of a chicken suit and don a Chef's hat and proceed to shoot every gift salesman in every town.
Aurora did feature some NPCs that added a little more of a serious tone to your interaction, but again, I think each interpretation of a character needn't be limited to region. People have different personalities everywhere you go. I mean take the Mercenary Camp for example. There you can find some of the most interesting faces in the game, though admittedly they are rough to look at. Same 3 or 4 types of design, yet they are interesting because they are so very different from everyone else in Albion. I would like to have had female Mercenaries who weren't whores to interact with. Why aren't the Big Boss Mercs walking around in the Camp? They are arguably my favorite people to interact with yet they are so limited.
I've tried to change the scenery up by importing and exporting different types to different regions, hoping they would influence eachother's behavior. It was only mildly effective. How disappointing. I was thinking that the NPCs would interact in a more explicit fashion. Well, there's a lot to improve upon. Don't get me wrong though. It's still my favorite game to play at the moment.

Noelle Alexandra

Reaction score
I would actually rather lionhead cut out the getting married to random NPC's altogether. I think we should have been able to start up relationships with the main characters. Guys should have been able to get Paige, Ben for the Girls and Reaver for both. They're all pretty attractive in my book plus they're skilled and not worthless. However could you imagine being married to Reaver? it would ruin him for me, that's why I also wouldn't want the option to marry to come up, just a chance to snog and have it tie into the story somehow. The relationship idea with Elliot/Elise was pretty cool (even though I didn't like him) but the marriage afterwards just felt devoid of life. :( I could just be fishing for an excuse to get my hands on Reaver though haha.

Anyway, yeah I agree that the guys are not very attractive, it sucks that there's no option to put a bag over their heads.

Totally agree with all of what you said. Marriage to another character is only really interesting if they're tied into the story. But definitely agree that a nice shag with Reaver that ties into the story would be better than being able to marry him. Marriage with him would just end up like the Elliott thing where, like you said, it just seemed devoid of life once you marry him. I do like the effort to include a love interest in the actual story, but I would have liked options other than Elliott. Ben, Reaver, whoever floats your boat. Personally, Reaver floats mine :)

Granola Butt

Reaction score
Urgh, the men in Fable 2 were disgusting. I felt bad in the Til Death Do Us Part quest because I didn't want Alex to kill himself, but he was so God-awfully ugly... I married him anyway because I would feel bad. Yes, I have a conscience regarding the welfare of a cluster of pixels. Plus, my irl boyfriend's name is Alex, so that gave me some guilt too. But anyway, I always married a guy from Westcliff because they were the only ones who were not disgusting and they had some pretty funny things to say. Fable 3 was better because it gave you Elliott, but the rest of the male NPCs were awful. Page-boy haircuts, tall hats, poofy pants... honestly, guys?

Totally agree with all of what you said. Marriage to another character is only really interesting if they're tied into the story. But definitely agree that a nice shag with Reaver that ties into the story would be better than being able to marry him. Marriage with him would just end up like the Elliott thing where, like you said, it just seemed devoid of life once you marry him. I do like the effort to include a love interest in the actual story, but I would have liked options other than Elliott. Ben, Reaver, whoever floats your boat. Personally, Reaver floats mine :)

Totally agree. Elliott was pretty cute, but, as you said, he just became another random NPC after I married him. And then he disappeared right after we got married, and I haven't seen him since. But I would definitely let my character hit Reaver (YUM, so glad I found people who agree with me on that) or Ben, as long as they didn't completely lose substance afterwards.

Also... the male hero. ;D

Noelle Alexandra

Reaction score
Urgh, the men in Fable 2 were disgusting. I felt bad in the Til Death Do Us Part quest because I didn't want Alex to kill himself, but he was so God-awfully ugly... I married him anyway because I would feel bad. Yes, I have a conscience regarding the welfare of a cluster of pixels. Plus, my irl boyfriend's name is Alex, so that gave me some guilt too. But anyway, I always married a guy from Westcliff because they were the only ones who were not disgusting and they had some pretty funny things to say. Fable 3 was better because it gave you Elliott, but the rest of the male NPCs were awful. Page-boy haircuts, tall hats, poofy pants... honestly, guys?

Totally agree. Elliott was pretty cute, but, as you said, he just became another random NPC after I married him. And then he disappeared right after we got married, and I haven't seen him since. But I would definitely let my character hit Reaver (YUM, so glad I found people who agree with me on that) or Ben, as long as they didn't completely lose substance afterwards.

Also... the male hero. ;D

Elliott did that to me on my first file too! Disappeared on me after marriage. I just moved him to a house in Bowerstone Market and then moved him back to the castle and he was there again. Weird. If you're living in the castle and you can't seem to find him, I noticed he's always in the kitchen as long as you go straight there.

And right on about the male Hero...more of the men around Albion should have looked like that instead of all being ugly slobs haha.

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score

Wow.......homophob much?

btw my hero is a gay king!:devil: MWHAHAHA!!

Khalin

Reaction score
btw my hero is a gay king!:devil: MWHAHAHA!!
So's mine.
biggrinm.gif
Gay heroes do not wear shirts!

Status
Not open for further replies.