• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Forget about Fable for a minute, and take a look at this new game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning​
20000064_Kingdoms-of-Amalur-Reckoning-540x178.jpg

So I was browsing around for game news as I often do, and stumbled across this new game that somehow flew past me at PAX & E3. To say the least, this game looks excellent. It's from the creator of TES: Morrowind & Oblivion, and also features some voice actors from Baldur's Gate II (the legendary Jim Cummings) with gameplay similar to that of Fable. Honestly, this is what Fable 2/3 should have been, in my opinion. I'll let the videos explain everything else, the game is due for 2012 so still a ways off.​
Thoughts?​

Reaction score
I can definitely see similarities between this and fable gameplay-wise and to tell you the truth it does actually look better especially the combat. The customization also looks superb, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.

Azer249

Reaction score
Very nice find scotty. At first i had my doubts but this looks amazing now i have watched more. As Gunslinger said ill be keeping my eye on this also.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Couple of seconds into the first video and I already liked it. Character creation, something Fable lacks(Though not really a problem), this already gives it a +1 more than Fable. Time will only tell if it does indeed end up being good or not.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
that was very nice, thanks scott.

i'll keep my eye on this one. it looks like everything fable should have been... minus the British humor

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Looks kinda Dragon Agey/Two Worlds Twoey. Wasn't a huge fan of those games, but I'll give it a chance.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I shall take a look at this when i get home from work as sounds interesting from other peoples comments.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
It looks cool, but as far as rpg's go it seems very... generic. I will be looking into this game though.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Is this the rpg thats being made by R.A Salvatore and the dude who made spawn? Because that one sounds awesome.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I doubt I'll like it more than Fable, but it looks cool. I'll probably try it out when it's released.

By the way, was the guy in the beginning voiced by the same person who voiced Al Mualim in Assassin's Creed?

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Looks like it has great playability. Sounds like a nice inventory system that's usually my biggest complaint when it comes to RPG's.Plenty of unique or 'legendary' items which is good along with the customizable or random drops. I loved the Baulder's Gate games this has the feel of a mix of Dark Alliance, Fable, and Dragon Age.

I'd definatley get this one good find! Likes^

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
I doubt I'll like it more than Fable, but it looks cool. I'll probably try it out when it's released.

By the way, was the guy in the beginning voiced by the same person who voiced Al Mualim in Assassin's Creed?

THAT'S who I was thinking of when I heard that voice, I couldn't quite put my finger on where I'd heard that voice before.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I guess that answers my question then.

One quick thing I forgot to post before: I've never seen video game scenery as beautiful as the stuff in Reckoning. The area you see starting at 4:25 in part three of the demo is beyond incredible.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Nope, that guy was voiced by Jim Cummings (Darkwing Duck, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, etc etc.), Ali Mualim was voiced by Peter Renaday.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
That's so weird. It sounds exactly like him.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I can see the Fable comparision with the load screens/style and even the mini map. The combat looks rather smooth and i like the move linking and the way the animations flow together. It seems to take some of the ideas that Fable tried to do and from how its looking at the moment it seems to improve on them. Nice executions moves too i have to say. If they can nail the story and NPC interactions then Lionhead could have something to worry about.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Looks like everying PM WISHED fable could have been. Looks nice. Hope I get to play it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Looks like everying PM WISHED fable could have been. Looks nice. Hope I get to play it.

If it does succeed where Fable failed or fell short then question marks will be raised against Lionhead's ability to deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.