• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

FreeRoam Setup

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
Re: FreeRoam Setup

my revised version of the guide

1. FreeRoam steps
2. Download 7zip
3. Install 7zip
4. Down load FreeRoam.rar

5. Extract FreeRoam.exe
6. Run FreeRoam.exe
7. From FreeRoam click on File then Open
8. go to the Folder that has FinalAlbion.wad
The Default location is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\Levels
9. Select FinalAlbion.wad and click Open
10. This should bring you back to the FreeRoam application
11. Choose TNG and Lev(Patched) and click RIP!
12. Next it asks you where to extract the files. Choose the data folder
13. Now move FinalAlbion.wad to you’re My Documents Folder (for safe keeping)
14. Now go to the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters and open userst.ini and change
UseLevelWAD True; to UseLevelWAD False;
15. Save and close this file and run Fable

Reaction score

fablemaniac;171702 said:
1.No,I didn't
2.I don't know how!
whoa, I knew there were retards out there, I didn't actually think I'd ever meet one.

Press Prt Sc (Print Screen) (next to F12)

fablemaniac

The Man Who Laughs
Reaction score

Yeah,thanks a lot:realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::(:(:realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad:Where is it stored?

poopgod350

KINKY!
Reaction score

screen shots are on you clipboard go to paint and paste

Twilight

Reaction score

How can i download JOB's Mask?

Edit: Wrong forum Sorry

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;57365 said:
Depending on where you get them the directions on setting up FreeRoam aren't entirely accurate.

I believe that this is due to the program changing but in some instances the documentation is not updated. Anyway I suspect that this will need to be changed to make it clearer.

FreeRoam Was written by someone, Silverback I think, at FABLETLCMOD: Making our own destiny... If you wish to use their site plaese read this first Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene: Site Discussion => Important site rules

***Warning Modding Fable can render Fable unusable. Though many have done it successfully and every attempt will be made to help you get it working there are no guarantees***

FreeRoam setup
1. FreeRoam steps
2. Download WinRAR
3. Install WinRAR
4. Down load FreeRoam.rar

5. Extract FreeRoam.exe
6. Run FreeRoam.exe
7. From FreeRoam choose File àOpen
FreeRoam.JPG

8. Navigate to the Folder that has FinalAlbion.wad
The Default location is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\Levels
Location.JPG

9. Select FinalAlbion.wad and click Open
10. This should bring you back to the FreeRoam application
11. Choose TNG and Lev(Patched) and clip RIP!
12. Next it asks you where to extract the files. Choose the data folder above the levels folder
RipLocation.JPG

13. Now move FinalAlbion.wad to you’re My Documents Folder (for safe keeping)
14. Now go to the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters and open userst.ini and change
UseLevelWAD True;àUseLevelWAD False;*
15. Save and close this file and run Fable

*May not be be necesary see below

On number 12 when I click on data then save it says "Try to select a file next time." and then exits me out of data and brings me back to the free roam application.

C

chaoslords

i did this and my fianlablion folder has nothign in it

C

cv735

I have gone through all of the steps 3 times now. Two times on a played game and once on a fresh install with no mods.

Has anyone else who is running Vista had a problem getting this to work, or am I missing something obvious here?

S

Sanctus

hey,
i downloaded albion explorer and when i try to world edit it come up with an error "failed to load lev C:\program files\microsoft games\fable - lost chapters\data\levels\finalalbion\heroguildcomplexinside.lev."
and if i press ok it just pops up again.
also when i play fable lost chapters it sometimes closes and when i strt it it gives me option to play in safe mode.
plz help on albion explorer and other thing if able.
ty in advance.

L

LordGrey

The problem I have with FreeRoam is that it works fine the first time, I can play the game and walk all over Avo's Green Country, but whenever I exit the game and I go to play it again, it crashes, so I have to go put everything back (FinalAlbion.wad and change userist.ini back). Any tips on how to get it to work everytime, or am I pretty much fornicated?

Nevermind, seems to be working okay for now...

Dentie

Reaction score

11. Choose TNG and Lev(Patched) and clip RIP!
12. Next it asks you where to extract the files. Choose the data folder above the levels folder

When i want to extract the files in to data it says: "Try to selext a file next time"
I dont get it !!!

jwc2200

Reaction score

You have to extract it to ( C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft Games\Fable The Lost Chapters\data )
if you do not choose that file it will not work.

Dentie

Reaction score

jwc2200;189006 said:
You have to extract it to ( C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft Games\Fable The Lost Chapters\data )
if you do not choose that file it will not work.

when i want to do this it says : Try to select a file next time:ninja:

K

kidcaustic

I cant get this working, I've done everything right to the letter multiple times and it still doesnt work, i dont know what the problem is. :(

unless im not supposed to be able to walk on hills in the exact beginning of the game.

i ran a search for "final albion": and ive got like 3 folders labeled "finalalbion" for some reason, one in data, one in data/levels, and one in data/levels/levels

have no clue how they got there, also I have two finalalbion.wads, one in my documents (the instructions said to move it there for safe keeping) and one still back in the levels folder.

jwc2200

Reaction score

kidcaustic;193690 said:
I cant get this working, I've done everything right to the letter multiple times and it still doesnt work, i dont know what the problem is. :(

unless im not supposed to be able to walk on hills in the exact beginning of the game.
You should be able to walk all over Oakvale as a kid.

Try this: Rename "FinalAlbion.wad" for step 13 to "FinalAlbion2.wad", then ignore step 14. Do step 15.

Also, can you open:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\Levels\FinalAlbion" ?

If that folder does not exist then FR did not extract right. If that's the case, start over. I know you have done it several times. Delete everything FR related, incuding the zip file.
Download the zip again and try steps 1 to 13. Then try to walk everywhere.

That worked for me is why I suggest it.

K

kidcaustic

jwc2200;193693 said:
You should be able to walk all over Oakvale as a kid.

Try this: Rename "FinalAlbion.wad" for step 13 to "FinalAlbion2.wad", then ignore step 14. Do step 15.

Also, can you open:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\Levels\FinalAlbion" ?

If that folder does not exist then FR did not extract right. If that's the case, start over. I know you have done it several times. Delete everything FR related, incuding the zip file.
Download the zip again and try steps 1 to 13. Then try to walk everywhere.

That worked for me is why I suggest it.

I'll try to rename the FinalAlbion file to FinalAlbinon2

I'm able to get into the levels folder, and the FinalAlbion folder (I assume freeroam created this) is packed with all the albion stuff, if that doesnt work ill delete all the fr related stuff if i can remember what it exactly created, worse comes to worse ill just reinstall the game.

edit: renaming it worked, thanks. :)

jwc2200

Reaction score

The file is specifically a .wad file, it is a single file in the levels folder not the FinalAlbion Folder.

K

kidcaustic

jwc2200;193696 said:
The file is specifically a .wad file, it is a single file in the levels folder not the FinalAlbion Folder.

I know that, but I had two versions of the .wad file, and apparently instead of using the new one that was placed in the levels folder generated by the program, it was reading the one from my desktop, I guess my computer is weird.