• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

FreeRoam Setup

jwc2200

Reaction score
Re: FreeRoam Setup

Rename them both.

F

ferrus

i had to delete final albion.wad to get it to work the second time, the first time i was able to do it the right way...

K

KernellSanders

FreeRoam Setup

When i go to step 12: 12. Next it asks you where to extract the files. Choose the data folder above the levels folder There is no folder that says data above my levels folder.. so wat do i do?:'(

D

DragonMaster91

Alright, this is my problem.

I open FreeRoam, and load FinalAlbion.wad, I uncheck tng, and LEV(Patched) click RIP!, put the .wad in the data folder. When I check the Final Albion folder, everything is in there as it should be. I rename the .wad to FinalAlbion2.wad and move it into the levels folder. then I enter into fable, and load my save, then it crashes.

What am I doing wrong?

D

DragonMaster91

Finally, I fixed it. Now, the ground is gone, I can still walk around, but the ground is gone.

D

DragonMaster91

Yea, I had that feeling. Thank you, it is working perfectly now.

I don't know what the forum rules are on this, but here are some pictures:

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm255/dragoncharger/?action=view&current=Justchillin.jpg

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm255/dragoncharger/?action=view&current=Fable****ED2.jpg

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm255/dragoncharger/?action=view&current=Fable****ED1.jpg

sorry about the names of the last two urls, no forum rule can dictate the names of pictures, but I did not think about that when I uploaded.

M

mady

Scythe
Chicken Chaser
villager.GIF

i get a net framework problem.....

Same...

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Wow that is a lot. Are you serious? Are you super cereal??? Wow. And great to have more people that will make about 2-3 posts and never show their faces on this site again. Awesome.

M

mady

Odds are you are using an FE-compiled wad, in which case you will get tossed an error reading "Unable to read beyond the end of the stream."

Wow you're good. :lol:

Get a clean FinalAlbion.wad

That look likes that.

Hum.

And for other comments, i know what you mean. Was not thinking you were able to find the solution. Was near to leave. :blush:
Then, I still will looking for more informations.

Thanks.

S

Scudreloaded

Hey everyone
So i've been trying to install free roam via the app in your links. aswell as the ones on the fable modding site
well i cannot get free roam to work. i've been trying all day multiple times.
yes im following the steps.
the issue i start recieving is when i need to save the pathced file/dump in the data folder. i click and tell it to save there, and it dosen't. so i save it to the desktop and just copy em all over. but that dosent work either.
i saw an fmp out there that has free roam in it, but none of the filler stuff which is kinda the only reason i wanted this mod.
i unno if it matters but im running on vista
so it always installs the game into
c/programfiles(x86)/microsoftgames/fable
but i unno if thatd make a dif

D

Dark_ness

I'm having bit of a problem, every time I run Fable and load my profile, it says;

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: ...files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\Fable.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
I did everything in the directions, but I really didn't get what he was saying in number twelve.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work, flawlessly, I just made a careless mistake.

F

Formerly Famous

Can someone help me? I followed the setup. And I have the finalalbian folder with everything in it. But I am not quiet sure how it is supposed to work. What type of hills should I be able to walk up? Should I be able to walk in water?

(both of which I am unable to do. I think I screwed up somewhere... I wouldn't be surprised.)

Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Never mind. Found out what I did. The .wad file needed to be moved. Not backed up... Lol. See. I did screw up. :D

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Formerly Famous;300242 said:
EDIT: Never mind. Found out what I did. The .wad file needed to be moved. Not backed up... Lol. See. I did screw up. :D
The best thing to do is just to rename the FinalAlbion.wad. It's quicker.

Gango

Eat it.
Reaction score

Mine does a runtime error half way through the loading screen in the beginning of the game when i start. what is the problem?

Gango

Eat it.
Reaction score

ok thank you.i think i got it now