• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Further Character Customizing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingChronn

Reaction score
So this isn't exactly a big deal, but it is something that has been bothering me for a while now, and I haven't yet beat the game but I just got to the part where their is a "party" at Reaver's. When I started playing I was expecting to be able to make my character look like THIS.

But instead my character is really bulky, not really overweight but he is overly muscular, (like in Fable 2 if you were to max out your physique) Wasn't exactly what I was aiming for and I am not sure how I even started to build this muscle,

I was wondering if their was a way to maybe reverse those effects and get myself a bit thinner?

Thank you ahead of time

Xveas

Reaction score
Eating apples and celery at the food stalls in any city reduces your weight. But I believe your character is muscular due to the fact that you're weilding a heavier melee weapon. If you simply use the sword as a melee weapon, it keeps your figure lean and your muscles won't bulge or grow very much.

However, if you use any other weapon as a melee weapon and use it frequently, you will build huge bulking muscles on your character. I haven't experienced this myself, but I am almost 100% this is irreversible.

KingChronn

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply!

Though something that bothers me is that my characters weight is as far in the red as it gets, and I have been using the Hero Sword since the beginning. Is it that you gain muscle regardless of what melee weapon you use? Or could this just have been a glitch in my game?

Xveas

Reaction score
Using a sword should keep you lean. It has done so for me in both profiles.

Other things that will make you gain weight is eating meat, pies or anything other than celery or apples. Also, drinking any kind of alcohol will boost your weight as well(I find beer affects your weight pretty badly) but I'm almost certain any liquor will have the same effect. I stay away from all that stuff myself.

KingChronn

Reaction score
Thanks again for the reply Xveas you are being rather helpful!

But I do think I have figured the solution. I noticed after opening my last melee weapon upgrade, my arms had been significantly bigger than they previously were. So I am almost sure, that the melee treasure chest effects not only the form of your sword but your Hero as well. Any feedback on this?

Marcus

Reaction score
Hey, could someone please tell me how to get taller and bigger? im sick of being the normal skinny player lol i use a sword and always flourish and block and ive only had 2 star streanght

Reaction score
I use melee the most and see that the strength skill has increased the most so my guess is that as you use any melee weapon, your strength will increase, any range, your stature will increase, and any magic your aura will increase. The same as to what you thought earlier.

The treasures might contribute, but from what I've noticed those are the points as to where your actual weapons changes looks and not your character.

Xveas

Reaction score
No problem. Just here to help.

You'll notice that whenever you do open a upgrade chest on the "Road to Rule" that your character will alter slightly after each chest opened. I believe the chests affect your character build as such:

Melee: Each chest opened builds muscle and bulk on your character.
Ranged: Each chest opened makes your character taller.
Magic: Each chest opened makes the runes on your body glow brighter and I believe it makes your skin get whiter and more pale with each chest as well.

KingChronn

Reaction score
Melee: Each chest opened builds muscle and bulk on your character.
Ranged: Each chest opened makes your character taller.
Magic: Each chest opened makes the runes on your body glow brighter and I believe it makes your skin get whiter and more pale with each chest as well.

Aha I was thinking the same thing, I think I might restart my game just to get it right this time. Wouldn't take too long to get to where I am now.

Reaction score
Quoted straight from the manual:

"Melee combat makes you brawny, skilled gunplay makes you tall, and using magic gives you an otherwordly glow"

This states that it's the use of the weapons and not the opening of the chests; going off of them using correct word choice.

KingChronn

Reaction score

"Melee combat makes you brawny, skilled gunplay makes you tall, and using magic gives you an otherwordly glow"

This states that it's the use of the weapons and not the opening of the chests; going off of them using correct word choice.

Right, but it's worth a shot. If I don't notice a difference I won't really have lost anything, and if I do notice something I will be sure to post something up.

Marcus

Reaction score
Lol i want to get really and tall and muscley lol like saker is it possible to be that big? lol

Reaction score
Right, but it's worth a shot. If I don't notice a difference I won't really have lost anything, and I do notice something I will be sure to post something up.
Yeah test it out, I'm interested in hearing your findings.

Xveas

Reaction score

Opening the chests and further upgrading which field of combat you choose is how your character develops physically. Throughout the entire game in my first file playthru I had:

Over 1400 melee kills, Over 900 ranged kills and Over 1200 magic kills.

My character has still remained lean and tall with bright glowing runes. The reason she isn't bulky is because I haven't opened the level 4 & 5 melee chests in "The Road to Rule" whereas I have level 5 for both ranged and magic. That to me correlates as: The upgrade chests for melee, ranged and magic determine you character build, not how often a weapon is used. The only way a weapon affects your characters build is if you use a hammer or heavy melee weapon, which will build more muscle, versus using a sword which keeps you lean.

Reaction score
They also don't make the characters as muscular as they did in Fable 2, so unless you've seen one that is dubbed completely bulky, and/or completely tall, with a full glow, it's impossible to draw a conclusion without it being simple a hypothesis.

If you've played through once as male and female, it's also hard to see because of the possibility between the differences in gender could cause limits on certain physical changes; many people were disappointed in their roided-out-shemale-looking female in Fable 2.

KingChronn

Reaction score
So after bundles and bundles of experimenting I have finally come to this conclusion.
I created a second character, this time only using guns and magic, honestly only using my sword when you had to hit those blue switches that require it. By the time I was crowned king, I found that my character stayed slender with only minimal muscle growth. The complete opposite of what my 1st character had been like.

So I created another character, and did the same exact thing I had done for my first character that became bulky. Used the sword regularly and just did whatever the heck I wanted. By the time I was king I noticed something rather odd... My character stayed slender with only minimal muscle growth. Comparing him to my first character their is a huge huge difference.

I came to the conclusion that what happened to my first character a really bad glitch, or possibly in Fable 3 every character grows differently.

Most likely the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.