• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Game Case (Is it GOTY?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helix

Reaction score
Game Case (Is it GOTY?)

Hi,

I'm not an Xbox gamer, but I've just bought Fable II in anticipation of buying a 360 later this year. Basically, I don't know if mine's is GOTY, I've seen the version on the internet with the green background that says GOTY on the cover. I have the one with the reddish background, in the Classics series but it doesn't say GOTY. However, it said that that's what it was when I bought it and it says 'New Areas Include: Knothole Island and See the Future' on the back so I guess I'm just wondering why there are 2 Classics versions, both of which are apprently GOTY. I just want to know if mine's has the extra content, if it doesn't I'll get the other one. I'm in the UK if it helps, many thanks! :)

Dimitri Chaplain

The Headhunter
Reaction score
Re: Game Case (Is it GOTY?)

I own the "Game of the year" version too. You can notice if it is the one with the DLC's by checking under the title "Fable 2" it says "Game of the Year Edition" also on the top right it says "More Quests! More Locations! More choices!" heres an image:

500x_fable2goty-thumb-500x714.jpg

Helix

Reaction score

Ah, now mine's has the bit in the top right 'more quests' etc, but the background is red and it doesn't say 'Game of the Year' underneath the title.

Dimitri Chaplain

The Headhunter
Reaction score

Helix;372730 said:
Ah, now mine's has the bit in the top right 'more quests' etc, but the background is red and it doesn't say 'Game of the Year' underneath the title.

Then you own the standard edition of the game.

fable-2-box.jpg

Helix

Reaction score

Thanks for the replies. I'm not so sure. Since it's the classic one I think they may have just removed the GOTY line. I say that because it's being sold as GOTY and it has the BAFTA 2009 and Xbox Editor's Choice labels on it like the GOTY ed you posted first, as well as the top right bit.

Dimitri Chaplain

The Headhunter
Reaction score

Helix;372737 said:
Thanks for the replies. I'm not so sure. Since it's the classic one I think they may have just removed the GOTY line. I say that because it's being sold as GOTY and it has the BAFTA 2009 and Xbox Editor's Choice labels on it like the GOTY ed you posted first, as well as the top right bit.

I am not sure then, I seem to be not able to find this cover in the web. Can you send a photo of it?

Helix

Reaction score

Here it is:

346220ps_500h.jpg

Dimitri Chaplain

The Headhunter
Reaction score

Helix;372752 said:
Here it is:

346220ps_500h.jpg

Then its the same version as mine. You've got both of the DLC's, it is the classic version of the Game of the year.

Helix

Reaction score

Cool, thank's for clearing that up for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.