• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Game fighting guide.

Apple Pie

BOOM! Headshot
Reaction score
How and where to spend your experience points.

So when you firstly hit the green energy platform you saw that you can get tons of new skills and powers. Here I will guide you to the best of the type of warrior you want to be, either magic or brute strength. Just read this.

Lets first of all start with the basics.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do I level up my skills? How do I get points for the powers?

Each time you kill a monster, it drops an experience orb. You MUST always collect those orbs either by running into them or press SHIFT to make them come to you. There are also, class points. If you use will, bow or sword, you will get different types of points for each type of class. But these ones really do not matter. Notice your experience pools going down, the points are not endless and as you progress the skills you want to upgrade will need more experience points.

Now the advanced part of the tutorial.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warrior guide.

So you want to have incredible strength and powerful weapons.
The skills you should be based on are from the Strength area and the additional Skill. You will mostly need to level up each skill in the strength area to the maximum, but also the Speed skill from the Skill area. Speed makes you more quicker, allowing you to swing your weapon faster. As for the armors I suggest you use the Plate Armor set. Either evil,good or neutral there are no disadvantages between them. Only scariness and atractivity + some alignment changes.
As for the weapon. Getting the best weapon in-game is cheap and plain simple. Right after you finished the Arena, run to Bowerstone North and buy the Solus Sword, 314 damage, what else would you need?

Typical look of a warrior. Ignore the mana bar, that's How I found the image.
FableTLC01--screenshot_large.jpg

Will User guide.

So if you do not like smashing your enemies to dust but rather burning them in a painful death, then Will is for you.
You should mostly upgrade your Will area and the Strength area. Strength is a basic in everything where you need to upgrade your Health and your Toughness to around rank 3. Skill is not needed, at all.
The spells you should always use are Enflame, Slow Time, Heal and Shield. You can also get Fireball if you like owning your enemies from a distance.
As for the armors, there are two types of specific clothes for the Will Users. Good and Evil. Let's start with the evil. If you remember the trader quest in Darkwood, you encounter an injured traded, right into the next area there is a Demon Door, its challenge is to defeat his guardians , then you will have access granted into his Haven and take the Dark Will User's robes.
As for the Good ones, if you ever go to small cottage near greatwood, also called the house where the grandma lost her grandson in the cave quest, you will see a Demon Door in the left, no Hobbes or Trolls will spawn, all you have to do is gift the door and it will pop open!
As for the weapon, use something light as a Katana or a Mace. Not a two-handed heavy weapon.

Typical look of a Will User.
fable.jpg

Now you have all the armors and basics you need for being what class you like, and if you want to go the ninja marksman way, then do not do it. Skill is pretty much useless and so is the Bow in many battles.

r5v3n

Indifferent Member
Reaction score
You forgot the Archer type: Longbow+Bandit set and the will user needs the hat which is obtainable via giving books to the school headmaster in Bowerstone.

Derothen

Reaction score
Hey! Apple Pie! FYI, the Marksman is one of the most hard-hitting characters in FTLC once you have high skill, the Slow time spell and MultiArrow!