Game Of Thrones

Rumford

Legendary Hero
People who have been complaining about the slow pace really annoy me, yeah okay, it has been slow, but so what? We've had four incredible seasons of nonstop action, occasionally there's nothing wrong with drama. Drama is what has kept me glued to the tv watching this show, the action is a bonus sure, but the story is what is important.

I think the slow dialogue heavy scenes are what makes the show great, this isn't Lord Of The Rings, where we have huge epic sprawling battles every five minutes. This is Game Of Thrones. In all of it's brutal backroom betrayal & backstabbing, it is at its heart, a political drama in a fantasy setting. And I for one, love the slow drama just as much as the action scenes.

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
People who have been complaining about the slow pace really annoy me, yeah okay, it has been slow, but so what? We've had four incredible seasons of nonstop action, occasionally there's nothing wrong with drama. Drama is what has kept me glued to the tv watching this show, the action is a bonus sure, but the story is what is important.

I think the slow dialogue heavy scenes are what makes the show great, this isn't Lord Of The Rings, where we have huge epic sprawling battles every five minutes. This is Game Of Thrones. In all of it's brutal backroom betrayal & backstabbing, it is at its heart, a political drama in a fantasy setting. And I for one, love the slow drama just as much as the action scenes.
I agree, peoples attentions spans are so short these days that many would simply stop watching a show if they have a handful of slower paced more character focuses episodes. Its all about the setup and these long calculated twists you dont see coming that make it so good.

Rumford

Legendary Hero
Meryn Trant... Though. Urgh made me sick. And Stannis, Goddamn! Is there anyone in Westoros worth saving from the White Walkers?

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
I like the way they turned Stannis from a emotionless husk of a man simply doing anything to gain the throne, to someone you rooted for by doing some good deeds and showing a caring side, then switched back to reminding you what he was like in the first seasons. I had slowly forgotten that the first times you see him he is burning people alive on a beach in the name of the Lord of Light and now everyone remembers how twisted in this quest for the throne he has become. Meryn Trant is an awful person and has been in every season with many despicable acts but this has finally shown what sort of scum he really is. Those scenes with Dany, Tyrion and Jorah had me thinking that none of them would survive too.

queenofdisco

Ludna
Legendary Hero
I kept yelling "PIECE OF SH*T" at the screen whenever Stannis popped on. He had really grown on me, but now I actually hope the Boltons win and I never thought I'd say that. At the same time, I'd hate Shireen's sacrifice to be in vain. Ugh, it's just... I'm rooting for Dany 100% now. That ending was pretty epic. As for Meryn Trent, aye, he's another piece of almighty sh*t. His time is nearly up though. Arya is coming.

AngelaCM

I was horrified over the last episode, particularly with Stannis, but I can't say I didn't see it coming. To blindly follow Melisandre, EVEN when she's proven that she can be wrong, just made him 100% spineless and despicable to me. His only shot at redemption with me would be to kill the witch. I've not read the books, and I have heard that despite them, the show is going in its own direction now. I am, and always have been, team Dany. She has grown so much from day one. She has proven herself tenfold. I almost cried at the end, thinking her dragon could have been mortally wounded...then I actually did cry as they flew off. The dragons are so rare and precious that if they were ever killed, I might not be able to watch anymore. (Yup, I am the girl who sobs over animal/mythical creature deaths more than any human death.)

Rumford

Legendary Hero
So episode 10...

I'm so horrified I might not be able to sleep till next season.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
Yup I didn't see that coming that's for sure, not like that. Was a couple of times in that episode I was caught with this expression... :O

Rumford

Legendary Hero
WARNING; BOOK & SHOW SPOILERS-

Read that he has said and D&D have stated he is and he won't be back. But really... it literally makes no sense whatsoever. He technically seems & appears to be

Azor Ahai(The warrior promised), and if he is why go through all that trouble of the changing the plots in the show from the books?

Jon Snow never went to Hardhome in the books so why send him in this? Where he killed a Wight general, had a bit of an eye to eye standoff with the night king, to just kill him off simply like that? Plus why did Melisandre return to Castle Black if not to confirm that he is the true warrior of the lord of light, after abandoning Stannis?

But if it is true, then Kit Harrington has single handily ruined Game Of Thrones so he can star is some ****ty movies nobody will ever watch. Honestly I had this with Dario Naharis, why the bleeding hell would anyone quit this show, the biggest blockbuster on the planet, to do a smaller role? Idiots if you ask me. If it is true then I'm never watching a movie with Kit Harrington in whatsoever.

However returning to the 'is he alive' idea, maybe everyone lied? I've heard that the kid who played Bran said he was in season 5, he wasn't obviously. So could Kit & D&D be lying to shake us up? I hope so, cause if not the whole Azor Ahai idea goes out the window and Jon Snow is JUST a bastard and not the son of Lyanna Stark & Rhaegar Targaryen. So if he is the son of those two, as Stannis pointed out Ned Stark is too honourable to break a vow like that, he much more likely took Jon in to protect him from being butchered by Robert Baratheon's quest to kill all the Targaryens. And if Jon Snow is Azor Ahai then he will come back and his death will mean he has served his vow to the night's watch and can become king.

Anyway look on the bright side, next season not even the book readers will have a clue what to expect

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
However returning to the 'is he alive' idea, maybe everyone lied? I've heard that the kid who played Bran said he was in season 5, he wasn't obviously. So could Kit & D&D be lying to shake us up? I hope so, cause if not the whole Azor Ahai idea goes out the window and Jon Snow is JUST a bastard and not the son of Lyanna Stark & Rhaegar Targaryen. So if he is the son of those two, as Stannis pointed out Ned Stark is too honourable to break a vow like that, he much more likely took Jon in to protect him from being butchered by Robert Baratheon's quest to kill all the Targaryens. And if Jon Snow is Azor Ahai then he will come back and his death will mean he has served his vow to the night's watch and can become king.

Anyway look on the bright side, next season not even the book readers will have a clue what to expect
If he was going to return they wouldnt come out and spoil it right after his death in the show so makes sense he would say he isnt coming back. Everyone has said he isnt returning besides George RR Martin to my knowledge but you wont truly know until the show returns, this is Game of Thrones afterall.

With no...

Stannis (dead or not) and now no Jon it seems Melisandre wouldnt really have anywhere left to turn so seems a little odd. She seemed lost of hope and broken by the events that were transpiring and she had taken a shining to Jon so she may resort to drastic measures to try and get what she wants as she now serves no purpose.

Bran and Hodor had both confirmed very early on that they would NOT be appearing in this season, actor who plays Hodor announced a DJ tour straight after the finale last year too.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Legendary Hero
I'm very interested to know what's going to happen to
Brienne of Tarth, considering she should be dead right now. Instead, she's traveling around interacting with or even killing other characters.

And a few predictions.....
the red woman just arrived on the wall. She's going to bring Jon snow back from the dead. Probably after it falls to white walkers he'll be reanimated.

Samwell tarley will learn to use magic somehow. He'll meet a gruesome end, probably to save his wildlng girlfriend.

Sansa stark will be found by Brienne and brought to the riverlands. Littlefinger will convince her to go back to winter fell somehow. Theon will be executed one way or another.

Tyrion lannister will ride a dragon to rescue daenarys from khal pono.

As for the lannisters, dorne, and the high sparrow, I have no clue.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
Seen plenty of things that are being speculated about for next season and its refreshing to know that we cant have anything spoiled for us from the books now at least.

Krskull

I got to say. Game of Thrones is one of the best TV shows i ever watched. But i had to stop watching it for a three months after
The Red Wedding

But now i've caught up with it. and i got to say it seems like the show really hate the Stark family.

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
I got to say. Game of Thrones is one of the best TV shows i ever watched. But i had to stop watching it for a three months after
The Red Wedding

But now i've caught up with it. and i got to say it seems like the show really hate the Stark family.
Yeah I think George RR Martin must hate the Stark family, I knew they were cursed as soon as the always doomed Sean Bean was cast as one of the family in the show . :lol:

One of the things I love so much about it is that NO-ONE is safe and no-one is one of these untouchable main characters you see in other shows.

Rumford

Legendary Hero
I'd have to disagree, Tyrion is George R.R Martin's Favourite character. I'd assume then that he is safe as well as Dany, and a small handful of others, I would have said Jon as well but we'll have to wait to find out.

However George has said in response to why he got killed, "Oh you think he's dead do you?"

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
I'd have to disagree, Tyrion is George R.R Martin's Favourite character. I'd assume then that he is safe as well as Dany, and a small handful of others, I would have said Jon as well but we'll have to wait to find out.

However George has said in response to why he got killed, "Oh you think he's dead do you?"
I would still wager that at least one of them will die and not come back.