Game Of Thrones

Gikoku

is doing Queen.
Staff member
Seen plenty of things that are being speculated about for next season and its refreshing to know that we cant have anything spoiled for us from the books now at least.
God damn those spoilers, had the ending of the finale spoiled thanks to folks across the internet boo-hooing without a courtesy. Sigh.
I'd have to disagree, Tyrion is George R.R Martin's Favourite character. I'd assume then that he is safe as well as Dany, and a small handful of others, I would have said Jon as well but we'll have to wait to find out.

However George has said in response to why he got killed, "Oh you think he's dead do you?"
I'd honestly see that as even more reason to kill off one of those characters, because they're so special.
Rumford said:
Most likely, when they become irrelevant to the plot. My money's on Arya.
I'm willing to bet it'd be a ways off before something like that (if ever), there aren't that many characters left that I actually even like. And considering the show is going to veer off so much from the books, there's nothing stopping them from creating new purposes for these characters to remain alive.

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
Hard to believe its been 5 years since I started this thread but new season is on the way at end of week (US) and Monday in UK and I personally cant wait!

Game of Thrones Season 6: Trailer #2 (SPOILERS obviously)

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
I also can not wait.

This will be the first season that hasn't been spoiled by books for me. Immensely looking forward to it.
Yeah we are in uncharted territory now and nice to know there wont be book spoiler comments in every topic I read.

vulnificura

chicken chaser
Anybody ready for Season 7?

My favorite House is dead ( technically, the Martells are dead too but... okay ), but glory to House Stark!

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
Anybody ready for Season 7?

My favorite House is dead ( technically, the Martells are dead too but... okay ), but glory to House Stark!
Been ready since the credits rolled on the last season and it's been a loooonnnggg wait. The trailers have looked stunning and looks like it will be worth the wait, just hope wait for final season is shorter.

vulnificura

chicken chaser
Been ready since the credits rolled on the last season and it's been a loooonnnggg wait. The trailers have looked stunning and looks like it will be worth the wait, just hope wait for final season is shorter.
Hear hear! I've been shakin' in my boots since the credit roll. Luckily, I had other things to preoccupy me in the off-season. X-Shift's theories, show summaries and analysis, and lore discussion are pretty stellar. Plus, Skyrim mods that implement GoT's or get inspired by GoT's have made me sunk in another 300 hours!

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
Hear hear! I've been shakin' in my boots since the credit roll. Luckily, I had other things to preoccupy me in the off-season. X-Shift's theories, show summaries and analysis, and lore discussion are pretty stellar. Plus, Skyrim mods that implement GoT's or get inspired by GoT's have made me sunk in another 300 hours!
Going to have to do well to get all plot lines wrapped up in short space of time (in grand scheme of things).

vulnificura

chicken chaser
Loving it so far!

Sansa you better not... :mad:
I know right? I've been yelling at the TV behind Sansa. I still couldn't get into her character on the show, but I've liked Jon's storyline so far. The Targareyn/Stark family reunion is here! Has anyone else caught up to season 7? I'm itching to share who I think might be Azor Ahai for real.

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
I know right? I've been yelling at the TV behind Sansa. I still couldn't get into her character on the show, but I've liked Jon's storyline so far. The Targareyn/Stark family reunion is here! Has anyone else caught up to season 7? I'm itching to share who I think might be Azor Ahai for real.
Im totally up to date and happy to discuss thoughts etc.

vulnificura

chicken chaser
Im totally up to date and happy to discuss thoughts etc.
Nice! I have a strong feeling that Azor Ahai might be Sandor Clegane. Jon is such a great contender for Azor Ahai, but Melissandre has been proven wrong before. She was wrong about Stannis, couldn't the same be said for Danerys and Jon? I watched someone on Youtube bring up the idea that Azor Ahai isn't a person, but a metaphorical being instead. Azor Ahai is a bearer of light to the Night's King bearing of darkness.

I'm also itching to see if Tyrion would actually be the one to bring down LF. Tyrion and Sansa were married. Tyrion still treated Sana with much respect-- although they did not consummate because Sansa was not ready --in addition to trying to protect her in the show. I'm really hoping that Tyrion would ask Jon about Sansa while he's in Dragonstone. It would be a total freakin' waste if it wasn't Tyrion or Sansa being the one to take down LF. Unless Gendry comes in on his rowboat and crushes LF with it...

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
Nice! I have a strong feeling that Azor Ahai might be Sandor Clegane. Jon is such a great contender for Azor Ahai, but Melissandre has been proven wrong before. She was wrong about Stannis, couldn't the same be said for Danerys and Jon? I watched someone on Youtube bring up the idea that Azor Ahai isn't a person, but a metaphorical being instead. Azor Ahai is a bearer of light to the Night's King bearing of darkness.

I'm also itching to see if Tyrion would actually be the one to bring down LF. Tyrion and Sansa were married. Tyrion still treated Sana with much respect-- although they did not consummate because Sansa was not ready --in addition to trying to protect her in the show. I'm really hoping that Tyrion would ask Jon about Sansa while he's in Dragonstone. It would be a total freakin' waste if it wasn't Tyrion or Sansa being the one to take down LF. Unless Gendry comes in on his rowboat and crushes LF with it...
Interesting theory but guess it would be a strange turn around for someone who is afraid of fire and avoided it his whole life after the horrific burning, being the reincarnation of Azor Ahai & wield LightBringer. However maybe there is more to it than the fact the mountain burned him for taking a toy that he cast aside. Maybe the Hound isn't remembering the whole story behind it and there is a more detailed event that actually happened.

The Hound has had one of the best story arcs through the whole show and changed the most I guess. They have taken steps to show that he has started to see things (visions in the fire & a resurrection) but don't know how far they are going to take that & show his belief changing.

I'm thinking more along the lines of Arya being the one to take LittleFinger down. She was heading to meet Jon (but obviously he's not there), stands to reason she may end up helping Sansa after LittleFinger starts plotting something in his absence and Arya was spotted with his blade in early promo material.

Maybe she will take him down and take his face and use that to her advantage to get close to Cercei with the Knights of the Vale following her or something along those lines. She would want revenge for the part LittleFinger played in Neds death and they have already shown us a similar scene in the crypt with Jon and him like the scene with Ned & him before his death. All guesswork obviously but that's my line of thought.

queenofdisco

Ludna
Legendary Hero
Time to drag this thread out of the fiery depths of the necropost lair, kicking and screaming. :devil:

Haven’t seen the second episode yet so no spoilers yet please! But has anyone been watching this? I’m so sad it’s all coming to an end. :'(

VinDiesel

Living Necromonger
I haven't watched it since around the end of the season where so and so killed a direct male relative with a ballistic weapon.

This discretion is due to my already having spoiled older seasons for people at work who are waiting for it to end so they can buy the box set and watch it all at once.

I love the show, I think it's great. It's kinda like the Soprano's but set in a time of dragons, swords, and cold undead.

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
Time to drag this thread out of the fiery depths of the necropost lair, kicking and screaming. :devil:

Haven’t seen the second episode yet so no spoilers yet please! But has anyone been watching this? I’m so sad it’s all coming to an end. :'(
Sad it’s ending but looking forward to seeing HOW it ends and the next episode (3rd) is going to be incredible.