Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
Well.

Let’s hope the books do it better lol.
Felt like the last episode was as if someone skipped through all the cutscenes in a game and tried to explain what happened afterwards. Was like the whole of the last season was on fast forward and so many things were simply skipped over just to get to the end.

I mean I dont mind HOW it ended but was disappointing that so much emotion and build up was lost with how fast everything happened with no time to process anything. So many events could have had much more of an impact had the characters and the audience had some time to react to some things rather than jumping from scene to scene with time jumps of weeks in between some scenes with no dialogue between characters straight after some big events. We picked up weeks afterwards when the emotions wouldnt be as raw between the characters so all the tension was lost as we were just meant to fill in the blanks ourselves.

Crazy to think that a show that was being filmed for so long and off our screen for so long felt rushed by the end. I know a TV show has never been done on this scale and the battles and CGI for a TV show is truly mindblowing but they lost some of the shows heart by pushing the sheer spectacle of it all. Was like a game going for amazing GFX over a tight well told narrative in the end.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
The general sentiment is pretty much the same.
Add that the writers were offered more episodes, but they declined.
Add that the writers made huge blunders. (Dany "kinda forgot" about the fleet even though they talked about it 5 minutes earlier etc)

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
The general sentiment is pretty much the same.
Add that the writers were offered more episodes, but they declined.
Add that the writers made huge blunders. (Dany "kinda forgot" about the fleet even though they talked about it 5 minutes earlier etc)
I’m guessing Disney offered them an amount they couldn’t refuse for new Star Wars movie, so they wanted Game of Thrones wrapped up and done so they could concentrate on that.

Gikoku

is doing Queen.
Staff member
Yep. **** it.

At a glance this seemed like the stupidest writing I've ever witnessed in my life. Due to the haphazard pacing and aggressive scene cuts it felt like this was written by Tommy Wiseau (no offense to him). If they took their time, spread things out, had proper build ups, this could've been passable. Instead nothing makes sense and was completely pointless. The Night King (ooo scary), Varys' letter, Theon's random 360noscopeteabagyourmother aim, a pile of bricks accomplishing what years of plotting, backstabbing and scheming could not. Tyrion and Jon becoming the dumbest characters in television today, Dany was Hitler all along suckers, "I can't be king, I don't really want anymore....... Hah, why do you think I came all this way?", and the plot armor.. MY GOD the plot armor. What a waste of everyone's time.

The same writers did this exact same thing with the Rome series before jumping to GoT. Rome was meant to be 4-5 seasons, they instead had to cut down and condense 3 seasons worth of content into 1 season and called it a day. What you get is 2 seasons of brilliant character writing that nose dives off a cliff before you even know what hits you. That Star Wars hype ain't real for me.

Also Brienne... that's not how you handle ink, ffs. I'm just going to pretend seasons 1-4 is the whole show and dive into the books instead. Bloody hell.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
I just recently had the pleasure of seeing someone binge the show from start to finish in a few weeks.
Before he started: "Oh guys you're overreacting. It can't be that bad. Jumping on the hate train smh."
By the end: *PostGoTStressSyndrome*
hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.