1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Of Thrones

Discussion in 'Bowerstone South Tavern' started by Dark Drakan, May 14, 2011.

Register or log in to browse without ads.

1. Dark Drakan

Dark Drakan Administrator Staff Member Guildmaster Legendary Hero

Trophies:
    Preview for this weekends episode

2. Dark Drakan

Trophies:
    Next episode teaser...

3. Dark Drakan

Trophies:
    Even Game Of Thrones hasnt escaped a certain famous Skyrim meme...
    [​IMG]
    In the last episode 'What Is Dead May Never Die' we saw...​
    Spoiler: Lannister men attack the Nights Watch
    Poor Lommy took an Arrow to the knee for his troubles and more...​

4. Register or log in to browse without ads.

5. Rumford

Rumford Member Legendary Hero

Trophies:
    You just had to didn't you! *facepalm*

I didn't actually realize when watching it that the arrow was in his knee. Also Is it just me or is Bran Stark got powers like Daenerys Targaryen?

6. Dark Drakan

Trophies:
    Couldnt help myself sorry. :lol:

Definitely something to him, ive never read the books as dont want to spoil the show for myself but he has a power of some kind. Those dreams of the 3 eyed crow and then seeing himself as his Direwolf Summer I believe its name is in those visions.

7. Marcodian Elite

Marcodian Elite Well-Known Member

Trophies:
    Everyone enjoying the new season so far? I think it's going good, still enjoying it even though I read the book before hand this time.

8. Gikoku

Gikoku is doing Queen. Staff Member

Trophies:
    Yeah, been great so far and not a beat has been missed. I can never get enough of Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister and Varys (the fat bald guy) is growing on me very quickly. I'm tempted to read the books, but I don't want to spoil myself of the show, so I'm choosing to read the books afterwards.

Dark Drakan likes this.
  9. Dark Drakan

Trophies:
    I agree, the show manages to fit so much into an episode its insane. With so many storylines and paths all going on at the same time the creators manage to do an excellent job of juggling them all around. Also glad they arent rushing through things and are taking their time to scene set and character build a lot so the audience who havent read the books can follow everything. Peter Dinklage was a casting dream and so many parts have recieved praise for how they have been portrayed.

10. Dark Drakan

Trophies:
    Have to say the last episode kicked ass Garden Of Bones, so much misery, pain, torture and dark goings on. Some of the most brutal and dark bits of TV ive ever seen thats for damn sure. Joffrey is such a despicable person and Jack Gleeson is playing him superbly and Tyrion is a fantastic character. The exchange between the 2 of them was some brilliant TV.
    "I'm not threatening the king, Ser, I am educating my nephew. Bronn, next time Ser Meryn speaks, kill him. That was a threat. See the difference?"​

queenofdisco and Gikoku like this.
  11. Gikoku

Gikoku is doing Queen. Staff Member

Trophies:
    Last episode was nicely done, but god.. and I thought Illithyia was unbearably detestable?, that adolescent king is on another completely different level. Thankfully he is easily outwitted, but still, the result of one who is given wealthy power with a complete lack of discipline. I have to say though I found the clever use of torture in Harrenhal to be rather amusing.. a rat, a bucket, and a torch.. lol I didn't see that one coming. Pity a man's very weakness is what lies dangling between his thighs, after what transpired with the ending I get the feeling hell is going to break loose next episode.

12. Marcodian Elite

Marcodian Elite Well-Known Member

Trophies:
    Last episode was another good instalment in the series, so different from my other shows I follow.

13. Dark Drakan

Trophies:
    Joffrey is a great villian and hes one character everyone loves to hate, such a vile person and has no good qualities. That quote by Bronn made me laugh at the end of the scene I have to say. That torture sequence was genius, such a twisted and dark idea and damned effective. The ending had me like :O I mean wow...

14. TRA Rotid

TRA Rotid Päris geenius

Trophies:
    So does this show have like magic or something?
    I didn't start watching it because the historical genre doesn't interest me as much.

15. D3m190d

D3m190d Your Future Emperor

Trophies:
    It does have magical things, but no arcane lightning or burning swords. At least, not yet? Anyway, things such as dream visions, dragons, humanoid monsters,altough it hasn't al been very prominent. (No monster invasions or dragon attacks)

16. TRA Rotid

TRA Rotid Päris geenius

Trophies:
    Yeah I didn't have high fantasy in mind, just some supernatural things. Ok, perhaps I should give it a go then.

17. Dark Drakan

Trophies:
    As said above its had the White Walkers (which we still havent seen for a while), Dragons and a new Sorceress just introduced who has shown some forms of magic but its not hugely prominent. No wizards walking around firing thunderbolts from their staffs or anything like that.

From the very first episode to set the tone...​

18. Dark Drakan

Trophies:
    Preview for this weekends episode

19. queenofdisco

queenofdisco Ludna Legendary Hero

Trophies:

Game of f*ckin' Thrones everyone!

20. Cain

Cain Well-Known Member

Trophies:
    No, Bran is a warg, or a skinchanger, meaning he can take control of any animal, like his direwolf Summer, as well as weak-minded humans, like Hodor. All the Stark children have the ability, only Bran and Ayra(later in the books) have fully unlocked it. Jon has a connection with Ghost, and does control him in his dreams. Daenerys can only ride Dragons, as she is descended from one of the Families of the Valyrian Freehold, which used Dragons to create an Empire. Daeny cannot control animals, and Bran cannot control dragons.

21. Dark Drakan

Trophies:
    The last episode was brilliant 'The Old Gods and The New', still stuns me how much they can fit into one episode. Truly epic TV I have to say and im sure Vanessa Taylor will get to write more episode after this and 'Garden Of Bones'.