1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Generation Zero

Discussion in 'Greatwood Park' started by Dark Drakan, Feb 2, 2019.

Register or log in to browse without ads.

1. Dark Drakan

Dark Drakan Administrator Staff Member Guildmaster Legendary Hero

Trophies:
    [​IMG]

Another game I had my eye on recently was Avalanche Studios (Just Cause/Rage 2) new self published shooter Generation Zero. Based in an alternate history 1980’s Sweden where machines of unknown origin roam the streets. Been keeping an eye out for more games that have a decent co-op incorporated into them and this was looking good based on previews.

Game Info
    Welcome to 1980’s Sweden. The local population has gone missing, and machines of unknown origin roam the streets. Explore this vast open world to unravel the mystery of the invaders, perfect your fighting strategies and prepare to strike back. In Generation Zero, living is winning.

• Survive in a Hostile Open World: Take on missions and challenges throughout the open world to unravel more of the mystery, while scavenging for weapons and supplies to help you stay alive

• Get Ready. Then Fight Back: Tactfully combine weapons, skills and equipment, to lure, cripple, and destroy your enemies.

• 1-4 Player Seamless Multiplayer: Play alone, or team-up with up to three friends as you collaborate and combine your unique skills to take down enemies.

• Stealth and Strategy. Co-Operate to Live: Some enemies are too powerful to attack head-on, which is when you should adopt stealth tactics by moving silently, exploiting the enemy’s senses and using the environment to your advantage.

• 1980’s Nostalgia: Among the loot, you will find outfits and hairstyles to recreate your favorite 1980s style to take on the machines in style.

GAME WILL LAUNCH ON 26TH MARCH (STEAM LINK)
    (Also available on XB1 & PS4)

2. Dark Drakan

Trophies:

Generation Zero launches on March 26 on PC ($35), and PS4 and Xbox One ($40). It's born from an unusual place -- open-world mayhem mixed with realistic hunting. It's rooted in unrelenting commitment to principles. Regardless of how this game turns out, it's admirable that Avalanche made Generation Zero the way the studio wanted to make it, and not on anyone else's terms.​

3. Dark Drakan

Trophies:
    Generation Zero - Official Gameplay Launch Trailer

Gikoku likes this.
  4. Register or log in to browse without ads.

5. Gikoku

Gikoku is doing Queen. Staff Member

Trophies:
    I was pleasantly intrigued by this when it was announced and teased... then I didn't hear too much about it, now that it's out. I'm a little bummed it doesn't do all that much for the genre apparently. I really love the art direction though, I believe it was inspired/based on Simon Stålenhag's works which are awesome.

On the other hand, speaking of games with the name Zero in 'em. Mutant Year Zero was much more up ma' alley.

6. Dark Drakan

Trophies:
    Hoping with some content patches and general quality of life improvements it improves as Steve did gift me a key for it and I really want it to be good.

7. Gikoku

Gikoku is doing Queen. Staff Member

Trophies:
    I wouldn't worry too much about it, if games like Final Fantasy XIV and freakin' No Man's Sky can rise from the ashes of the devil's anus that was their launch disasters. Then this game's developers should have nothing to sweat about. It's not a bad game after all, just doesn't seem to go above and beyond what's already been established in this genre.

8. Dark Drakan

Trophies:
    Hello Games were an indie studio and pretty much HAD to turn No Mans Sky around for their studios future. However I would be worried that Avalanche could update Generation Zero for a little while with bug fixes and then decide to take what money they can and walk away and work on something else. Some development teams would rather walk away and cut their losses from games that underperform than spend more money, resources and manpower turning around a mediocre game. Though Avalanche have said they are committed to the game but we shall see.