• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Getting Married?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twiztidmaniac

Reaction score
How the hell do you marry an NPC in Fable 3? I could do it with ease in Fable 1 and 2. I have unlocked the chests in road to rule for marriage and children but I cannot seem to get anyone to marry me... When I co op I see the option to propose to someone, but I don't want to marry someone over XBL I just want to marry a character in the game.
I've spent over 20 mins doing all the good expressions that I can, (no other expressions but good and evil ones come up) and it still won't let me marry this chick... I cannot even give gifts to anyone like I could in the other Fables (to NPC's)... Can someone who has married an NPC character explain it to me, what the hell am I doing wrong?!?

Twiztidmaniac

Reaction score
Yeah I finally figured it out, but the whole marriage thing is completely bugged....
I've tried with 3 different chicks and I propose to them but when it asks me to choose a martial home it bugs out and won't let me actually select a house. I own several homes in different cities with one in each one of the cities as my home (not being rented out) and it won't let me select one... I've tried about 20 times now with like I said 3 different chicks and it takes me to the map to select a home, I go to a city that I own a home in thats not being rented out to someone, try to select it and nothing happens and I get stuck in the zoomed map screen and have to restart the Xbox in order to continue.... Anyone else having this issue when trying to select a martial home?

wskr14

Reaction score
Try to just fast travel there (holding the wife's hand) and then interact with the sign in front of the house...should let you select as a family/martial home.

Shadowkat31

Reaction score
Yeah I finally figured it out, but the whole marriage thing is completely bugged....
I've tried with 3 different chicks and I propose to them but when it asks me to choose a martial home it bugs out and won't let me actually select a house. I own several homes in different cities with one in each one of the cities as my home (not being rented out) and it won't let me select one... I've tried about 20 times now with like I said 3 different chicks and it takes me to the map to select a home, I go to a city that I own a home in thats not being rented out to someone, try to select it and nothing happens and I get stuck in the zoomed map screen and have to restart the Xbox in order to continue.... Anyone else having this issue when trying to select a martial home?

I'm having the same problem and it's ****ing me off. I keep trying and I keep getting the same results. If you find a solution please let me know.

Forsvars

Reaction score
I haven't run into this problem, so it might be something simple that's being missed here. I just got married to Elliot and had a child. Ugh.

J Skleezo

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem and it's ****ing me off. I keep trying and I keep getting the same results. If you find a solution please let me know.
I am having this same problem. The game must have glitched up somewhere and now Jasper doesnt talk, I cant exit the Sanctuary, cant exit the world map, cant get married..... and sometimes enemies dont attack me. This game is a big let down. I actually like the game a bit but all its bugs are really ruining it for me. I wish Lionhead could fix it with a patch. Lame....

Shadowkat31

Reaction score
I am having this same problem. The game must have glitched up somewhere and now Jasper doesnt talk, I cant exit the Sanctuary, cant exit the world map, cant get married..... and sometimes enemies dont attack me. This game is a big let down. I actually like the game a bit but all its bugs are really ruining it for me. I wish Lionhead could fix it with a patch. Lame....

I'm glad that I am not the only one with these problems. Oh yeah, Jasper doesn't speak to me either. I like the game but I am disappointed with all the bugs. Lionhead is aware of all these bugs and is working on fixing it according to their website. But who knows when a patch will be released.

Mr Fable

Playing Fable III
Reaction score
I'm sure the developers are fixing the bugs right now and will be sending out an update soon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.