• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Glitch After Crucible - Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauciian

Reaction score
Heya, all...

So like, I'm playing my game, beat the Crucible the first time in order to go to the Spire... and I've beaten the main storyline. Then went back to beat the Crucible again, for the Chopper. By the way, I already have the Chopper from playing another save, but I mostly wanted the open quest closed. Here's the problem...

After 8 perfect rounds, I go to open the chest, which then loads me outside the Crucible, and I'm frozen. I can move the camera angle, and go into First Person Mode with the Left Bumper button, but I'm unable to move. And only via the Left Bumper button, can I fast travel anywhere or open the Save/Pause menu. However, once I fast travel, I'm still stationary. I cannot move.

I'm thinking I'll try selling my first Chopper to a local Weapons Trader, then go defeat the Crucible. I'm not sure what else I can do to close this quest. Does anyone have any suggestions?

ActusReus88

Reaction score
I too have this glitch, I beat the crucible, and fast travelled back to bowerstone and at first I could only walk around if I held left trigger, but now I can't move anywhere, sometimes I can pull out my crossbow, but other than that. Nothing, and I damn well refuse to restart my save file after how hard I've worked... HELP please.

Lauciian

Reaction score
After my initial post, I figured I might give some things a try... When holding the Left Bumper, I'm able to open the Pause Menu, and can save, fast travel, eat food/potions, etc... I'm wondering if maybe changing clothes would help.

However, since I had saved before each room, to ensure I got a Perfect Round each time, I just reloaded my save, and fast traveled out of the crucible, which "Reloaded" the quest, and it remains open/unsolved in my list. I'm able to start it all over again, when and if I decide.

Another option I might do, after backing up the game save, is tossing my original Chopper, and seeing if that's causing the freeze. But after talking to my sister (whom also loves this game), she's mentioned she's also gotten this glitch, but never had the Chopper to begin with, so that might be out.

Again, if anyone else has any suggestions... please let me/us know. ^^ Thanks in advance!

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
I vaugly recall hearing about this glitch when the game first came out. So the profile your currently playing on already has the chopper, right? The problem has something to do with you already having the chopper, then earning it again. The reward chest has nothing in it and that skrews up the game. But I just barely started playing the game again after over a year of not playing it at all, so I'm quite rusty. But I'm pretty sure this glitch has been covered before so there is probably a fix, somewhere. I sujest you get a terrible score in a round so you don't earn the chopper, that way you can at least get out of the crucible.

But even if you do solve the glitch and finish the crucible, the quest is never completed. It stays open so you can complete the crucible unlimited times.

ActusReus88

Reaction score
Well for me this is my first playthrough, I don't have anything called a Chopper or anything of the like, I'm with hammer, getting ready to go save Garth after just beating the Crucible and walking outside the arena. I went to try the Archery competition there in the bandit area and after that when I fast travelled back to bowerstone, that's when it all went to pot.

Lauciian

Reaction score
Well, my sister had reported glitching when trying to attain the Chopper the first time, and froze after 8 perfect rounds. As for myself, since I already have the weapon, and as you said... the Crucible quest is never truly finished, I just won't worry about it. XD But for others who haven't gotten the Chopper the first time, I wonder what can be done for them. I'm always connected to Xbox Live, and the game's always up to date, so... unless I'm missing something... is there anywhere else to get a "different" patch?

ActusReus88

Reaction score
I patched my game and have had no problems so far ... Had to restart again though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.