• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Glitch in the 'Restoration' quest for Driftwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathNTwinkle

Reaction score
I just beat Fable 3 last night, and I don't know if this is a glitch or if the quest will return, but I saw the 'Restoration' quest once on my map, but did a different quest first. When I went back to my map the quest was gone and hasn't returned since. Am I doomed to never see the island of Driftwood or will this quest return to the map eventually?

DeathNTwinkle

Reaction score
Or am I possibly the only one that was stupid enough not to do this quest? lol

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
Please Edit posts instead of Double Posting.

Anyway. So, did you do the first part to the Restoration? After I was away enough I got the Achievement for it while doing other quests? I noticed this too, that quests would disappear after doing a different one.

DeathNTwinkle

Reaction score
No, I never even completed the first part to the Restoration quest. It just disappeared. I thought maybe if I went ahead and finished other quests and let days pass it would eventually show back up on the map. Never has. I played through the game as a good hero, so if it doesn't come back I'm just going to try again as an evil hero. I dunno, I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue. I'd really like to make my way to Driftwood and do some extra quests. I've almost finished shooting all the gargoyles and found 27 of the Auroran flowers..I'm getting kind of bored with it. -_-;;

oh, and noted on the edit comment

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
Have you gone there and tried to talk to anyone? Maybe you let too much time pass and it eventually goes away (like some of the other quests I've noticed since I finished the game roughly the same time you did).

DeathNTwinkle

Reaction score
Have you gone there and tried to talk to anyone? Maybe you let too much time pass and it eventually goes away (like some of the other quests I've noticed since I finished the game roughly the same time you did).

Well I only did one or two side quests after finishing it. Maybe you only have a day or two in the game to accept the quest before it disappears. ? I don't know. I just started a new character. I'm wondering though, since this time around I'm evil, if I'll even have the option to accept this quest.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
You have the option to accept any and all quests, but, if you're evil, I don't think you'd want to restore it anyway.

TGz I LeGeNdZz

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem. i never did the quest and i turned millfield into a mining place so i thought that i wasn't going to work because the quest disappeared. but someone said that the man for the quest is stood near some rocks like stonehenge so i looked for it and it turned out that the bridge had been built already even though i never did the quest. you should go check it out and see if yours has done the same.

Lynzi

Reaction score
I got there by walking to the statue with the telescope. following the path down and there was a cave on the right and pool on the left. went straigt through the pool and down to the path. if you follow that path and cross a stone bridge there should be a cut of on you left that leads to a wooden brigde above the path. follow it. sorry i'm rubbish at giving directions. good luck!

Steezy

Reaction score
I am in the same position as you DeathNTwinkle and this is preventing me from getting my last gold key and is becoming frustrating. Where exactly is it I can head to find the person for the quest? Or is there another way to reach Driftwood somehow? I know that it is right below Silverpines and on the map there is a quest exclamation on top of this city (Driftwood?) but when I cursor over it it hasn't been unlocked yet so doesn't show the name and is darkened.

Kuld von Reyn

Reaction score
Steezy, have you done the quest where you give 750 gold to the guy who wants to rebuild the old bridge in Millfields? Crossing this bridge will take you to the area where the entrance to Driftwood is located.

Status
Not open for further replies.